more on the rental...

resQmermaid

Earning My Ears
Sandra,
I cannot get that 199. or the 174. Maybe it is because of my location, New Orleans or because of the time frame? The very best rate for 10 days is with Alamo@ 497.90. With Avis even using the USA code The best they would give me is 580. for 10 days.

Hello reQmermaid-
Your're probably right about the location. It seems that Orlando rentals seem a lot cheaper then out of state rentals. It might also have to do with the larger amount of rental cars available in Orlando, compared to other areas in the country. Don't give up looking. Have you tried priceline? If you do, be SURE of your travel dates and times, unlike other online car rentals that you can cancel with no penalty's, you pay up front with priceline. You can however get fantastic savings by bidding very low ( lets say half you current rate or lower) increasing a little at a time until your bid is excepted. I've read on these boards that each time your bid is rejected it goes into the rental companies computers as a (rental and cancelation).If it takes you 50 tries to get a good rate, you might find the counter agent asking you why you booked and cancelled so many times.
Good Luck with your search.

Hello resQmermaid- I just found your pm, sorry for the wait. I pm'd you back. Have you tried Hotwire or Priceline. I've been reading on these boards that people are getting rates far better then my online price from avis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter