More WDW bus trivia ???

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
As I figured, DS had more questions about the WDW bus system. Do the drivers pretty much drive the same routes all the time, or do they vary a lot? Are there "best" routes-ones that for whatever reason (maybe best scenry) all the drivers want? And conversely, worst routes-ones no one wants to get (maybe Pleasure Island in the middle of the night, or routes with a lot of traffic)? Are there routes that only "experienced" drivers get to drive, and ones set aside specifically for the new drivers?

We have a flexible dispatching system... which pretty much means that you'll typically get a different route each time you come back to the hub. Each driver has thier own favorites... some like the multi-stop runs, others like the single stop runs. A lot of drivers like the Employee Shuttle runs... because they give them a break from the guests... others can't stand 'em.

Dispatchers really don't have a lot of flexibility when it comes to favoring drivers... they have a list of dispatches, and they typically assign them as the busses come in. Some times, if the dispatcher is really nice, they'll give the first bus the second dispatch, and the second bus the first dispatch... if that's what the drivers prefer. An example... currently, I have laryngitis, and have no voice... so the dispatcher gave me all one-stop runs tonight... so that I didn't have to call out the stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter