Most comfortable sandals

oshun

Mouseketeer
What are the most comfortable sandals you have worn to WDW?

We are going in August and have never been when it is really hot. I don't know about you, but when my feet are hot my whole body is hot. It is like a thermostat. Anyway, I have always worn sneakers since we don't go in the summer. I'm looking for expert advice on the most comfortable ladies sandals and figure this is the best place in the world to ask. Thanks for the advice in advance!! :confused:

I have used TEVA sandals. They have a sport like sole, adjustable straps and conform to your foot for personalized comfort. They are a little pricey, but in my opinion worth every penny. I've worn mine to WDW (10 days), US and IOA (5 days) and for two summers of casual wear, so they really do hold up. I'm planning on wearing them to WDW in July for 14 days before I consider retiring them LOL! You can usually get the best price on them at a sporting goods store.;)

My feet are also "hot spots" and I plan to wear my tried and true Sketchers or Doc Marten's. I buy sandals in the winter on clearance....you may still be able to buy some of last years cheaper at the malls. I can get good Doc's for $40.00. I buy clearance Sketchers through Victoria's Secret catalog or JC Penney catalog. Mine are well broken in. They still look pretty good with a polish!!!! I have thought about switching to a different pair of sandals or to tennies for the evening...just to keep blister free! Best of luck finding sandals that fit you. I have wide feet and these two brands work well for me!

I love my Born sandals. They are incredibly comfortable yet more stylish than Teva's or Birkenstocks. They are Swedish and you can get them through the J. jill catalog, jjill.com, or if your'e lucky for about half price they sometimes get them at Marshalls or T.J. Maxx, where I am going right now to look for a new pair in black (I have a tan and brown pair already)! Another tip is that those stores just got in some really cute straw hats, which I also always wear to WDW. Keeps you cooler, hides the bad hair resulting from water rides and you look great!

I never wear sneakers on vacation, in addition to making my feet hot, I think they are most unflattering. (Sorry but yes, I do care what I look like, even in WDW).

I agree with CFORZA the BORN sandals are the best!

I think I read somewhere that some people use a foot spray which keeps their feet very comfortable throughout the day.
Anyone else read this?

I have a pair of Clark's sandals that are great! THe pair I have is discontinued so I try to wear them sparingly but they are soooo comfortable.

Last year I brought my 2 pairs of Teva's, and a new pair of Nike Straprunner II's. The Straprunner's were extremely comfortable. Considering that I hadn't even broken them in, I only got one blister and then had to change to my Teva's.

I much prefer the sandals over sneakers, as they are cooler and more comfortable, but I also bring a pair of sneakers anyway, just in case.:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I totally agree with Nike Straprunner II sandals. They are the BEST. No need to break them in. I wore my sneakers the first day in May and got a blister on one of my toes and couldn't get comfortable in my sneakers again. I wore the Nike sandals the remaining 8 days and nights and they were HEAVEN!! I swear by them. My entire family (husband, mom, dad, sisters, brother-in-laws, nephews and nieces) all love them too. And best of all, they are relatively inexpensive (about $40, and they do go on sale, too). I bought the Teva sandals too, but they are not as comfortable as Nike. I should have returned them ($80!!!)
Go for the Nikes!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful with Teva's sizes, they can be deceptive and your toes may end up sticking straight out of the straps, or these barely wrapping around your feet.

Timberland's outdoor hiking sandals are the best, by far! Dry out in no time, very comfortable and shaped to provide arch support. I live in them!

I have some Easy Spirits that worked pretty well for me.....:)

I haven't seen a mention of birkenstocks yet...I have had the same pair for 3 years (this june) and they haven't failed me yet :) when I am going to the pool or out in the rain, I stick with the tevas, though.

My Vote is for CLARKS also. QVC sells them & better shoe stores.

Well, I guess I'm weird, cuz ever since 2 summers ago, all I wear are flip flops.......the first pair I wore were $9.50 Old Navy ones and then the other pair I usually wear are $24 reefs.........as long as they are of a normal thickness (I have a pair that is thin and they work, but not as well) I'm fine all vacation......

I'm with Madge. I vote for Birkenstock. I have found my Birks to be very comfortable, & I really like the thong style (or what looks like the flip-flop style). I have a very wide foot, so finding comfortable sandals is very hard for me. Birks conform to your foot, so it is like getting a custom sandal. I agree they are not always the prettiest of sandals, but, there styles have gotten much better! Just my $.02. Kathy

They are very trendy looking so you may not like them. But they have a mountainous arch on the sole, very necessary for me since I have to wear orthotics due to a foot injury. My arch can wear these for as long as anything else. Believe me, I have tried Clark's, Teva's, Mephisto, and more. Good luck!

I have a pair of Candie's that I love. They are turquoise blue with lime green stripes. They were on sale, maybe because they are sooooo ugly - but comfortable. The straps are padded and both the arch strap and toe strap are ajustable. What ever you get, make sure it fits, and make sure it's comfortable!!!!

I have a pair of Nike sport sandals that I just love. My sister swears by her Tevas, though.

Just don't forget the sunscreen for the tops of your feet! :D

Disnsyncey, flip flops? My fiance wears them everywhere in the summer! You both must have good arches. I need a good suppoert sandal, I love my Teva's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter