• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most FUN places to dine with Kids?

nat8199

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We are going to Universal in March with the kids for the first time. Looking at 5 dinners and 4 lunches, and staying at the Hard Rock. We will definitely be eating lunch at the Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks two of the days. My daughter loves Greek mythology, so I am also thinking about lunch at Mythos.

Other than those ideas, I am totally overwhelmed with choices! We have no dietary restrictions, and the kids are fairly adventurous eaters. I would love places with both good food and a fun setting for them. They have really enjoyed the theming at some of the Disney restaurants we have eaten at, like the castles, in the Mexico pavilion, and others.

What do you all recommend? Thanks!

Toothsome's and Cowfish were both fun places to eat at
We also did the Despicable Me breakfast which was fun

I too will recommend Toothsome. Atmosphere is cool and the 2 wandering characters (Penelope and Jacques) come and interact with kids in a fun way.

I too will recommend Toothsome. Atmosphere is cool and the 2 wandering characters (Penelope and Jacques) come and interact with kids in a fun way.

I had no idea there were characters there, thank you!

I had no idea there were characters there, thank you!

Penelope and Jacques:
The-Toothsome-Chocolate-Emporium-Now-Open-FB.jpg

There is a backstory too (as noted in the first page of the menu):

1c0889f0d1aa3acad85d527adaf379a8.jpg

Margaritaville- stilt walkers who make ballon characters for the kids and the Volcano that blows!

My kids loved dinner there last year.

Definitely Mythos. Finnigans has live music sometimes. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing from your kids point of view. Confisco Grill is nice.

For fun and entertainment.….Margaritaville...….the stilt walkers also have everyone sing along to certain songs...…..Salt anyone??? :thumbsup2

Not really fun, but Thunder Falls Terrace is quite cool. You can see the boats come out the huge drop and the splash is massive.....plenty of folks will sit and watch that while they eat...….

I didn't think any of the restaurants were overwhelming for the kids. Disney does tend to have more of a lock on that. As someone mentioned. Margaritaville with the balloons was a hit. The kids really liked hardrock cafe as well. Toothsome not so much. We only saw the robot and I had to go out of my way to find him. The kids weren't really interested either. We leave Sunday and I don't honestly see us eating there again. The kitchen at the hard rock has magicians certain days during the week or did last year and that was fun for the kids. The kids have been asking to go back to the food court at the simpsons and that was fun for them.

We ate at NBC Grill one day for lunch and were pleasantly surprised to be seated at a glass covered foosball table. We all enjoyed foosball while we waited for the food. I got a very yummy salad there and everyone else enjoyed their meal. It was a nice surprise- however, I didn't go in having high expectations.

We ate at NBC Grill one day for lunch and were pleasantly surprised to be seated at a glass covered foosball table. We all enjoyed foosball while we waited for the food. I got a very yummy salad there and everyone else enjoyed their meal. It was a nice surprise- however, I didn't go in having high expectations.

Are there a lot of tables like that there? My kids would love that!. My 10 year old been playing foosball for 5 weeks at camp so he will have a blast.

There were several of the foosball tables. We went to lunch a little late, so we had no wait for a table. I have no idea if it's hard to get these tables during busy times. I wonder if you can call and reserve a foosball table?

I would recommend trying to eat at NBC Grill around when it first opens if you're trying to snag that kind of table @robl45, or as @KMc Charlotte said see if there is a way to call and reserve one.

Typically restaurants are pretty slow when they first open which is why I made my first suggestion, or at least if there is a few people waiting ahead of you, you should be able to still get one of those tables as the restaurant will still not be packed when you walk in.

Do these places require a reservation? I dont mind making em....at disney its a must for just about anything.
Please keep the input coming on this thread...im gonna base my meals off it!

We have enjoyed Mythos, Toothsome, and Margaritaville. For a quick bite, the Simpson's food court is fun. We like to go to our big meal of the day at lunchtime- it's less crowded and the kids have been less fussy at the beginning of the meal (no hangry, hot, or tired people.) Then we snack or nibble as needed for the rest of the day. (Simpson's food court is good for the variety available.) Enjoy!

We have enjoyed Mythos, Toothsome, and Margaritaville. For a quick bite, the Simpson's food court is fun. We like to go to our big meal of the day at lunchtime- it's less crowded and the kids have been less fussy at the beginning of the meal (no hangry, hot, or tired people.) Then we snack or nibble as needed for the rest of the day. (Simpson's food court is good for the variety available.) Enjoy!

I second this. Also, the HP restaurants are much less busy at dinner time than lunch time so we have a sit down lunch and quick service dinner. It works very well for us at Uni.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter