Mother Daughter Duos

I've enjoyed reading these posts!!! I'm taking my DD this fall for our first trip alone together, but she's only going to be 3. I hope we have many more and continue them into her adulthood as many of you have!!!! :-)

We did a mother daughter(16) trip during a Christmas break couple years back- and had a great time! She is the best roller-coaster buddy you could ask for!! She tolerates all my screaming...:rotfl:

DD (19) and I (53) will be going for our first solo trip May 17-24. We have made numerous trips throughout the years as a family with our last trip being last April. My husband passed away in December and we are looking to get away. This trip could be very bitter sweet. If anyone sees two women crying and then bursting out in laughter at the Happiest Place on Earth that could be us. We have so, so, so many fun memories of the three of us. We started going when DD was 6 and she has never grown bored of going to WDW. I am so lucky she still loves to spend her free time with me.

My mom and I (28) have done quite a few mother-daughter trips to Disney parks... we've done several to WDW and even one to Disneyland in 2010. We have one planned for June this year already. I wouldn't trade these trips in for the world! We drive down to Florida from New York, so we pretty much just talk the whole way. The trips are very relaxed. We're not uber planners, aside from a few ADRs, so we just wing it. We spend a lot of time just sitting and taking in the atmosphere. The few times we stayed in the Contemporary tower we spent hours on the balcony just taking it all in. That stuff would never happen if the men-folk came along.

My dad doesn't like WDW as much as we do, and my husband really isn't interested, so we just leave them at home! My husband understands my love of Disney and doesn't mind if I go with my mom. Our Disneyland mother-daughter trip was in September 2010 which was the first year of our relationship and he got through it just fine. We got married in October 2011 and since then we have taken one other mother-daughter trip (May 2013) and then the upcoming one in June. He knows how much Disney means to me, and he knows that I enjoy visiting my family in Tampa. So he stays home and does stuff with his friends (they're all musicians, so there's a lot of "jamming") and we communicate via text all day and in the evening we'll chat online or talk on the phone. My dad goes to races with his co-worker and tinkers around the house. Everyone seems alright with the situation.

I'm in my 30s, mom's in her 60s, and we have done two trips together and a meetup for MVMCP so far as adults. We also have a nice long trip planned for this fall and will be going to MNSSHP! Can't wait; we already talk about it all the time! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter