Mother Daughter Duos

My mom (50) and I (26) have only done a girls only trip once, but it was such a blast! We both love Disney, and spending some quality time together in the most magical place was the cherry on top.

My Mom (49), sis (27) and I (29) will be doing MK on the 18th and my step mom (40) and I will be doing a cruise from the 19th-22nd :)

My DD (23) and I (48) have always done trips together since I have been a single parent from the time she was 4. We have done Christmas in WDW a couple times (07 & 08) and this year we are doing Halloween & F&WF (now that she is over 21)!! So excited!! :cool1:

DD (29) and i (57) have been going to WDW every may for (about) the past 10 years.
the trips are soooo incredibly relaxing, with a lot of spontaneity....stopping to look at flowers, take random photos, play with lizards, people watch, laugh, chat, "ooooooh, shiny" stops:rolleyes:, etc.

DD & i are very close (often finishing one another's sentences, looking at one another & know exactly what the other is thinking - DH says it's creepy;)). we very rarely argue, respect when the other needs some time and/or space, and (importantly) do not feel the need to be glued to one another every second of every day.

DH & i go to WDW every oct, & while we have lots of fun, the trips with DD are so much more relaxing (but don't tell him:ssst:).

Hi there, I will be taking my daughter to WDW for her 21st in march. We have been with the family several times but this will be the first time just the two of us and we can't wait. I can't wait to buy my daughter her first Disney cocktail (she has been able to drink here in the UK since she was 18).

My mom and I went to WDW in March 1999 for Spring Break. Sure most people go to the beach with friends, but I went to WDW. We drove from PA to Florida, stayed in Kissimmee went to MK, then went to the Strawberry Festival and finally drove down to Port Charlotte to pick up my gram. Even though it wasn't a true mother/daughter trip to WDW, it was a great trip for us to take.

I can tell you all enjoy the the time at Disney and make as many memories as you can. My mom and I loved to go to Disney together. I miss those days I have been once since 2011 since she died. My mom and I had waited from our last trip in 2009 and had planned on dec 2011 for my 40th birthday as my birthday is Walt Disney B-day. My mom got a very rare disease and died in feb. 2011 I did go with my dad in dec. 2011 for my birthday because we promised my mom. I haven't been back since and miss it so much. Any advise from mother daughter travelers on what I could do to make a solo trip magical again. WDW was our favorite place to be.

My mom and I are going for are first mother/daughter trip to WDW from 9/22-9/27 at CBR. What are some of the things you like to do together?

We always both picked out our favorite places we wanted to eat. My mom was a kindergarten teacher and loved kids. She choose Polynesian resort for the ohana dinner, I chose Akershus Royal Banquet Hall character breakfast. we loved to ride buzz lightyear in magic kingdom Hollywood studios toy story mania. A must was wishes fireworks magic kingdom, fantasmic in Hollywood studios. I love rollercoaster she did not so we compromised a lot took days planning what we both wanted to see and do. I will say the thing she tried the most was to be an extra in the indian jones stunt show and was never choosen. after she past away I went for my birthday and was choosen to be an extra in the show. We were both addicted to pin trading and bought pins on ebay before our trip to trade, much cheaper then in parks and we always bought each other a surprise pin during the trip. I always got a tink my favorite mom was always a daisy duck

My mom and I have been on two trips to WDW and are currently planning the third for next fall! We have a great time riding everything and being goofy; I can't wait!

Wow! I didn't expect so many people to be... I guess like me. :goodvibes

My mom was a single parent, so we have a relationship that is different than a lot of the other mother daughter relationships. WDW was the only time we spent together because she was always working. We would go 3 or 4 times a year just so we could spend time together. Now, as an adult... we have never traveled together alone there. We always had someone else along on the trip. It'll be fun though worrying about only ourselves instead of entertaining others (i.e. the boyfriends).

for my mother and i it is the opposite. i went twice in my tween years with my father and brother, but my mother could never afford to take us on vacations. quite frankly this was the most my father probably spent on us our entire childhood. my mother and went together when i was 25 and she was 50. it was on her bucket list and it was amazing to be an adult and able for both of us to finally be able to afford to go. we have our third trip planned this fall. i have not lived at home in 3 years, so my mother said she is looking forward to this trip, as she is looking forward to spending a week with me since she doesn't see me all the time now.:lmao:

i almost can't imagine going with friends or even my boyfriend. we have a specific style of touring and planning, and i just don't think i can compromise with anyone else.

My mom(57), my sis(27) and I(29) are going together next September; we're planners. We haven't been to WDW together since 2005, although my sis and I have gone since then with our father and half sisters. You gotta fill me in on MNSSH!! We weren't sure it'd be fun without little kiddies with us. Since we're all grown up ladies, we have planned a night on the Boardwalk for dinner, followed by drinks at Jellyrolls!! Hope you girls have fun!!

Hello Everyone. :-). We arrived on Sat night at AKL. We've been to AK and MK. Today we are taking a home work day. I'm a grad student, and she's gone back to school to get her CPA. The biggest problem we've run into is, I'm a planner and she's a winger. She is a little frustrated with how I have ever minute planned out. I'm a little frustrated with trying to get her moving. We missed BOG because she wouldn't get moving. She felt bad about it, but its still frustrating. I started trying to get a ressie 180 days out with no luck. I checked and check, and checked some more. Finally, I hear about a chance on Sat night to be in the FP+ test at BOG, I jump on it... and she ruined it. I do wish someone else was with us, so I didn't have to deal with that. Had someone else been with we could've left her and headed over to the park sooner.

Heading down to the World for the 2nd Annual Mother Daughter Disney trip! We went last year for my 30th and are going again this year!! I'm already thinking about next year! We both had a great time and are looking forward to landing on Tuesday.

I surprised my mom with a Disney trip in January (2013) for her 70th birthday.. We had a blast so much so that this coming January we are doing it again, but adding my sweet DD to the mix. So our cast will be My mom 71, and my DD 24, and me ( sorry age not available at this time :rotfl2:) We are staying at AOA in a Lion King Family suite, So looking for to it... :banana:

DD(30) and DM (50+) are taking our first WDW mother/ daughter trip this November. I am running the Jingle Jungle 5K during Wine & Dine weekend. We are taking an extended weekend because the race is between our birthdays. We have never done a vacation with just the two of us. Mom has not been back to WDW since the mid 80's, so it will be like the first time for her. Disney has always been me and my Dad's thing since I was little and my parents divorced. I am so excited to go with her. It has always been a great memory for us and I am excited to make new ones with just the two of us. Unfortunately, no thrill rides. We had a not so magical experience at Hershey Park this summer, :scared: and all roller coasters including Big Thunder are off the list for mom. We like to eat out so imagine a lot of table service meals.

Here! My mum and I do trips together about every three or four years! We'll be there next May, to celebrate her 65th :).

We are another adult mother/daughter combo. I am 29, mom is in her 50s. We do a lot of vacationing with just the two of us. We both vacation the same way, which is let's pack in as much into the vacacation as much as possible and plan it to the last detail to make sure we maxizime everything. Our thought, you can rest at home, for free. My dad and my husband are more the relaxing on vacation type so a lot of times we just leave them behind and they are happy with that arrangement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter