• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Thankful for the down time this morning, I needed it. Starting to think about home and things to accomplish when I get home, making these last two days of the trip feel like bonus days.

I haven’t done the left side of World Showcase yet, so I think I’ll go from AK to EPCOT after dinner and do the walk after sunset when it is cooler.

Chiming in late because we’ve been away since Monday and internet access was terrible.

I’m Sandy, happily retired and working on getting our house ready to sell AND lose the 15lbs I gained over the last two years. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and I can’t wait to hear the nurse say “did you know you gained Xlbs since your last visit?” Sigh.

So-time to focus and eat better, move more and get those pounds off. My 60+ year old knees will thank me.

Catching up-Woohoo, had a lovely visit with my sister and her husband at their beautiful home on the Chesapeake Bay. Thankful we all get along so well. I love her kids like my own.

Oneanne, how was Cirque? Shanny, I do not have holly advice because we only have the monster sizes here in PA. I go to a small, family run nursery and find they are great with help. I take a picture of my outdoor space for them.

This view is worth a bad internet connection!

5BA6BFB6-505A-49FC-BB66-80304B51F3B3.jpeg

Chiming in late because we’ve been away since Monday and internet access was terrible.

I’m Sandy, happily retired and working on getting our house ready to sell AND lose the 15lbs I gained over the last two years. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and I can’t wait to hear the nurse say “did you know you gained Xlbs since your last visit?” Sigh.

So-time to focus and eat better, move more and get those pounds off. My 60+ year old knees will thank me.

Catching up-Woohoo, had a lovely visit with my sister and her husband at their beautiful home on the Chesapeake Bay. Thankful we all get along so well. I love her kids like my own.

Oneanne, how was Cirque? Shanny, I do not have holly advice because we only have the monster sizes here in PA. I go to a small, family run nursery and find they are great with help. I take a picture of my outdoor space for them.

This view is worth a bad internet connection!

View attachment 651827
Cirque was really good, I really enjoyed it. The story was a young girl who’s father had died, because you know, Disney, and he was an illustrator. He left her a letter saying she was also a great artist and the person to finish his work, then she had to get over her insecurities to do it. They used Disney imagery and music but in new arrangements. The highlight for me was the sequence when her parents were dancing to the Beauty and the Beast ballroom music. It was stunning.

Last edited:
Thank goodness its Friday! Its felt like a very long week.
DS6 has been going through a "I dont want to go to school" phase. Ugh. This year has been his first experience with school 5 days in person and it's been an adjustment.
Last couple days eating wise has not been good. Tried to compensate with protein powder in my coffee for breakfast yesterday and I think it got me off on the wrong foot. I was starving all day!
And Tuesday I realized that the stomach thing I had last week was not catching the bug the kids had but a reaction to some low cal cookies! I ate the same ones on Tuesday and got sick again! So in the trash those went. Moral of the story? Eat one real cookie instead of the low cal pack serving size.
Tomorrow I am getting my hair done. The "sparkle" is showing big time. Guess i have entered the phase of having to do more than just highlights...goodie. Thinking of keeping the dark color I did last time which is just like a shade or two darker than my natural color and adding lighter highlights end of June when the sun starts to naturally lighten it anyway.
Between Saturday and Sunday I am going make a pasta sauce and some chicken patties to go in the freezer. Starting my freezer cooking now so I am ready for when track starts in April. It's all about routine right? And have to venture into the garage this weekend to check out my pot situation...going to start some of my flower seeds next weekend I think. Need to check the planting guides. Our last frost is usually sometime in April.

Last day today and it’s back to Magic Kingdom. I’m going to try Genie + today and use it to do Jungle Cruise and Pirates. I think tonight will be an early night maybe hanging out around the pool. I’m in kind of a funky mood today so we’ll see how it goes.

Well, Genie + was also a bust. I was signed in at 7a and tried to book Jungle Cruise but the time was already 3pm and I wasn’t planning on staying after lunch. I booked Pirates instead then got dressed and went out to get in the bus line for early resort entry. I used my extra half hour to stand at the rope for Adventure Land. After that wait it was walk on and Pirates was too, so I canceled my LL and booked HM for a couple hours out. Country Bears was closed but I did get to do Tiki Room, then Carousel of Progress walk in and then People Mover, with about a 10 minute wait. Not an unsuccessful morning, but I’m really not happy with Disney. I was able to move up my Crystal Palace lunch, else I would have skipped it and taken the $10 hit. But now my lunch overlaps HM, so that’s canceled and I’m going to stop at Guest Services to ask for a refund, mostly so they get the feedback.

Well, Genie + was also a bust. I was signed in at 7a and tried to book Jungle Cruise but the time was already 3pm and I wasn’t planning on staying after lunch. I booked Pirates instead then got dressed and went out to get in the bus line for early resort entry. I used my extra half hour to stand at the rope for Adventure Land. After that wait it was walk on and Pirates was too, so I canceled my LL and booked HM for a couple hours out. Country Bears was closed but I did get to do Tiki Room, then Carousel of Progress walk in and then People Mover, with about a 10 minute wait. Not an unsuccessful morning, but I’m really not happy with Disney. I was able to move up my Crystal Palace lunch, else I would have skipped it and taken the $10 hit. But now my lunch overlaps HM, so that’s canceled and I’m going to stop at Guest Services to ask for a refund, mostly so they get the feedback.
I'm so sorry about your experience. I have been following this thread very closely:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...ur-expectations.3869236/page-23#post-63816418

Back at the resort after a lovely evening at EPCOT. I sat by a fountain at American Experience and listened to The Who, got some teriyaki for dinner followed by some shaved ice which I ate while watching the Spaceship Earth light show. Wandered thru Morocco and back to France where I sat by the fountain for a while until the movie started.

This trip has me a bit perplexed. Some really good stuff happened and some not so good, but nothing really egregious. It was a lot of work, getting up at 6am multiple mornings. I was able to tour the way I usually do, planned mornings, resort break then open evenings, usually at EPCOT. But it felt really restrictive.

My big take away is my inability to get out of my head and be present, so that gives me something concrete to work on.

Joining a little late here, but needing support and modivation this month and it looks like I found it ☺️
I’m Danielle, 38
Live in Central PA
Living with DH, DD 13 and 3 dogs
I work in Human Resources

We do a good bit of dog rescue as a family. We have been a foster family for 3 years now. I start large dog walking at our local SPCA tomorrow, hoping to get more exercise in that way! DD had spinal fusion surgery the last week of January and it went great but obviously it’s major major surgery and recovery has been long and painful. We have turned a corner but now we are at the point where she cannot play sports or do anything physical other than walking but she feels good so she’s wants to do things…so she’s kind of miserable as you can imagine!

DH and I have done Weight watchers online for 2 years now with great success, but I will admit so far this year maintenance has been a struggle for me, so I am glad I found this group! Thanks for having me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter