• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Joining a little late here, but needing support and modivation this month and it looks like I found it ☺
I’m Danielle, 38
Live in Central PA
Living with DH, DD 13 and 3 dogs
I work in Human Resources

We do a good bit of dog rescue as a family. We have been a foster family for 3 years now. I start large dog walking at our local SPCA tomorrow, hoping to get more exercise in that way! DD had spinal fusion surgery the last week of January and it went great but obviously it’s major major surgery and recovery has been long and painful. We have turned a corner but now we are at the point where she cannot play sports or do anything physical other than walking but she feels good so she’s wants to do things…so she’s kind of miserable as you can imagine!

DH and I have done Weight watchers online for 2 years now with great success, but I will admit so far this year maintenance has been a struggle for me, so I am glad I found this group! Thanks for having me!
:welcome:

Joining a little late here, but needing support and modivation this month and it looks like I found it ☺
I’m Danielle, 38
Live in Central PA

We do a good bit of dog rescue as a family. We have been a foster family for 3 years now. I start large dog walking at our local SPCA tomorrow, hoping to get more exercise in that way! DD had spinal fusion surgery the last week of January and it went great but obviously it’s major major surgery and recovery has been long and painful. We have turned a corner but now we are at the point where she cannot play sports or do anything physical other than walking but she feels good so she’s wants to do things…so she’s kind of miserable as you can imagine!

DH and I have done Weight watchers online for 2 years now with great success, but I will admit so far this year maintenance has been a struggle for me, so I am glad I found this group! Thanks for having me!
Welcome!

Intending on cooking something yummy today...a couple things if time and cooperation allows :)
Got seeds in pots yesterday going to get them outside today for the rain then back in the garage they'll go. I went a bit overboard soaking flower seeds so now I have way more pots than will fit in the breezeway opps.

Intending on cooking something yummy today...a couple things if time and cooperation allows :)
Got seeds in pots yesterday going to get them outside today for the rain then back in the garage they'll go. I went a bit overboard soaking flower seeds so now I have way more pots than will fit in the breezeway opps.
I want to try chicken in the new air fryer. When I did wings a couple of weeks ago, I was disappointed. The only thing that came out good was french fries. I need to check out some recipes.

I’m thinking about starting some seeds in the house and in school with my students. I usually wait until April, but I am ready to jumpstart spring.

Let us know what you make!

I want to try chicken in the new air fryer. When I did wings a couple of weeks ago, I was disappointed. The only thing that came out good was french fries. I need to check out some recipes.

I’m thinking about starting some seeds in the house and in school with my students. I usually wait until April, but I am ready to jumpstart spring.
One of my favorite air fryer chicken recipes is to spray or rub both sides of a breast with olive oil, season with garlic and herb seasoning and adobo and press both sides into shredded Parmesan cheese! 390 degrees for about 10 mins, flip and cook until the second side is crispy! So easy, I am actually making it tonight with whole grain pasta and some sautéed broccoli!

@Summer2018 I do wings/drumsticks in the air fryer quite a bit. Toss in the smallest amount of olive oil, with a good amount of parmesan and garlic. Spray with a bit of olive oil spray then fry until cooked through. I made really good roasted potatoes too tiny bit of oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Trick with those is shaking the basket several times. My mother in law had good luck making sausage and peppers and shaved steak and peppers.
@PAsFab5 I am planning on a tomato sauce and chicken patties to go in the freezer. Also going to try pannkakors (I dont know if I spelled that right). I found my grandmother's recipe at my cousin's house so I figure may as well give them a try. The freeze beautifully so off we go there.
I just tried on a couple things I ordered from target one of which was a dress I thought wouldn't look good on. It looks awesome...now I need an excuse to wear it!

Summer, my sister mentioned she finds things are done in her air fryer 5 minutes before the suggested times.
I am going to look for one on our next trip to OC.

Family is coming over for dinner today, so will get out for a walk and maybe a trip to the nursery for pansies. Is it too early to plant mint in a pot? After everyone leaves I will collapse and drink a small glass of wine and read my book!

@ShannyMcB let us know how the new recipe turns out!!

@sjrec I hope your dinner goes well!

We took in 2 foster puppies yesterday, adorable little brothers who were found alone in the road in South Carolina. They made a 12 hour trip up here over night on a transport and are adorable. They look almost like boxer/beagle/pit/hounds?! Hopefully one of them gets DNA tested when they are adopted!

I am relaxing with the puppies this morning and doing some laundry and then volunteer at the SPCA this afternoon walking dogs. It’s 75 here today so looking forward to getting those miles in!

Happy Sunday everyone!!

I got 9 from yesterday’s quiz.

Wish I could give advice on the airfryer, but I still haven’t used mine! It is one of the things I came back from vacation determined to tackle tho, and did get chicken tenders yesterday at the grocery store.

My body is out of sync today, trying to sleep until at least 7am, which was 10am on my body clock, after getting up at 6am all week, which is 3am in this time zone. And I have absolutely no plans for the day, woohoo!

I’m Danielle, 38
Live in Central PA

Welcome!

I got 9 from yesterday’s quiz.

Wish I could give advice on the airfryer, but I still haven’t used mine! It is one of the things I came back from vacation determined to tackle tho, and did get chicken tenders yesterday at the grocery store.

My body is out of sync today, trying to sleep until at least 7am, which was 10am on my body clock, after getting up at 6am all week, which is 3am in this time zone. And I have absolutely no plans for the day, woohoo!

Bless you! I hate adjusting to the regular DST change enough. Adding a 3 hour time change the week before would probably do me in for days. :laughing:

Well I am not a food photographer but pretty successful. With the exception of having to pull out the single electric burner I purchased when we had our generator installed. I had no idea cast iron skillets are not good with glass top stoves :confused3
Since you can see some of my walls and counters what color would you go with for a backsplash? I am thinking a silver/gray. Thoughts?

20220306_133014.jpg

I got 13 on the quiz. I'm very dull! :rotfl2:
:welcome: PAsFab5

I was going to suggest my favorite air fryer recipe, but PAsFab5 beat me to it! We use boneless pork chops instead of chicken. Easy and yummy.

I signed up for a word of the day with message for Lent. Today's word was sabbath. It reminded us that we need to rest so we can fully live alive. I had a pretty restful weekend. Drove to the coast Saturday. Walked a bit and then just sat on a bench and breathed, listened, and gazed. Lovely!

Getting on the scale last week at the Dr office was a wake up call, for sure.
I do have healthy dinners planned out for the week and will get out and walk today in this freaky 70 degree weather.

Your quote reminds me there’s a frozen cauliflower pizza we like from California Kitchen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter