• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Happy Monday Everyone! Wishing a blessed week for you all!

@sjrec this weather is bizarre isn’t it?

Rain is coming in here around noon so I am going to get out for a early lunch break and walk my dogs!

Motivation for me on this Monday is that I am starting week 10 of a 12 week fitness program on YouTube and I can’t believe I have come this far. It’s 5 days a week and there have been days that were so hard and I wanted to give up but I didn’t and I am motivated to start week 10 and finish!

Motivation for me is the 53 degree weather. I didn’t need a coat today, just an umbrella. Meanwhile, my classroom is 80 degrees…I should have worn a light cotton sundress! Fortunately, I can open windows in my classroom. My colleagues across the hall don’t have windows that open more than a crack.

The warmer temperatures remind me to stay on track with spring coming in just two weeks, and summer here in just 3 months! I want to lose a lot of weight before summer.

Happy Monday Everyone! Wishing a blessed week for you all!

@sjrec this weather is bizarre isn’t it?

Rain is coming in here around noon so I am going to get out for a early lunch break and walk my dogs!

Motivation for me on this Monday is that I am starting week 10 of a 12 week fitness program on YouTube and I can’t believe I have come this far. It’s 5 days a week and there have been days that were so hard and I wanted to give up but I didn’t and I am motivated to start week 10 and finish!
Good for you! Can you tell us a little bit about the program?

I have been struggling with motivation lately. Even the nice weather didn't help. I did get on the treadmill on Friday during lunch as well as today. After laying on the coach most of Saturday I did talk myself (DH and DS too) to go to the zoo. It was so nice out.

The teenage attitude is strong today with DD. She is pissed at me. She doesn't want to be at school today. I told her I would pick her up at school so she doesn't has to ride the bus. I got a response that she is riding the bus. I asked her if she was sure and the response I got was "I don't want to be in a car with you". The ride home is less then 10 minutes. So I will go to the bus stop and get her there. Not sure she will get in the car or walk home. But at least I tried. It is going to be a long night.

I have been struggling with motivation lately. Even the nice weather didn't help. I did get on the treadmill on Friday during lunch as well as today. After laying on the coach most of Saturday I did talk myself (DH and DS too) to go to the zoo. It was so nice out.

The teenage attitude is strong today with DD. She is pissed at me. She doesn't want to be at school today. I told her I would pick her up at school so she doesn't has to ride the bus. I got a response that she is riding the bus. I asked her if she was sure and the response I got was "I don't want to be in a car with you". The ride home is less then 10 minutes. So I will go to the bus stop and get her there. Not sure she will get in the car or walk home. But at least I tried. It is going to be a long night.

so glad you got to go to the zoo that’s awesome!!

understand completely about your DD, I am right there with you. DD wanted to disown me over the weekend because I would not agree to her shaving a part in her eyebrow or to take her to get her nose pierced…I try to explain to her we can’t do everything as teens and save some things for being a adult but she didn’t want me around or want to do anything with me.

my thoughts will be with you tonight…teen daughters are tough!

Of course!

If you look up Heather Robertson on YouTube the program will come right up it’s called “HR12Week2.0” all you need is hand weights!

I have done a few of her other programs, also on her channel and had success with all of them!

If anyone tries it let me know what you think!
Thank you! I could definitely use a fresh program for my hand weights!

Today's motivation? Beats me! I'm just plodding along. I was down a teeny bit this week. Maybe if I'm healthy enough this week I can get back to the decade I crept out of! That would be good (again!).

DS2 is in town for spring break DH picked him up late last night at the airport. Of course, he went to his apartment with his fiancee so I haven't seen him. Hoping I get to before we take him back to the airport Saturday.

Big hugs to all the mamas of teenage girls. I'm so glad I had boys!

My struggle is food I do really well with the exercise part but I blow it with my eating. I know all the science between the calories burn the arm bmr all that stuff but my struggle comes when I get bored eating or just eating way to much and I know I shouldn't but I do it. When I can get my head around that then I know I will drop the weight but right now it is just working on that.

so glad you got to go to the zoo that’s awesome!!

understand completely about your DD, I am right there with you. DD wanted to disown me over the weekend because I would not agree to her shaving a part in her eyebrow or to take her to get her nose pierced…I try to explain to her we can’t do everything as teens and save some things for being a adult but she didn’t want me around or want to do anything with me.

my thoughts will be with you tonight…teen daughters are tough!
Big hugs to all the mamas of teenage girls. I'm so glad I had boys!

Thank you. Yesterday was rough. She did see her therapist last night and things are much better today. Her therapist did mention that maybe being on anxiety meds might help her. So we are looking into that. We don't want to do meds but if it is going to hep to not have days like yesterday (there was more then teenage drama yesterday) then we will. We are looking at waiting a month to hopefully be done with PT, know more with the hematologist and have a better idea of the heart issue and hopefully be fore the med for that before adding something else. I have learned how to deal with her when her anxiety is high but lately it has been too high for me to get through to her.

I had a talk with DH last night. He does know how to make me feel better. I told him that I feel like a horrible mom and wife lately. He reassured me that I am not. I have done like no cooking or cleaning in a few weeks now. I just have no energy by the time I am off of work. Between my own medical stuff and DD's I am just done by the end of the day. He understood and was happy to do the cooking and cleaning to give me a break. He doesn't deal with any of the medical stuff (appointments or bills). It will get better. We just need to make it though this month.

For today's question, I don't have much of an answer. I eat when I am stressed and emotional. If I am eating just to stay awake and I realize that, I just go to bed. Unless it is the middle of a work day. They I don't have and answer.

Well, it is back to the grind for me. I've gone thru my emails and Slack channels and don't see any crisis's, but I'm sure the day will get 'hotter' as people start working... it is still early.

I
celebrated my last day of vacation yesterday by getting the things done that I had told myself I would do: laundry of all the vacation clothing was completed and a car load of stuff went to GW: bonus I rearranged furniture in the living room, swapping where the chair and the bookcase were, I worked on the bedroom closet, and I moved somethings around in the basement so it doesn't like like quite the disaster.

For today's question about only eating when hungry, where I struggle is that chewing is a self-regulation thing for me, so I'll pick up something to chew on even if I'm not hungry and I choose food texture over nutritional value. I often find myself impulse buying at the grocery store when I see something that has a good crunch. On top of that is the
addiction to sugar and using it to self-sooth, that's where stress eating comes in to play. The ideal combination for me is sweet + crunchy followed by creamy/smooth.

Last edited:
I struggle with boredom, social, stress eating as well. And portions.
I do better when I eat meals/foods that are healthy, but I really enjoy them. I don’t eat plain chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. Keeping busy helps as well since I am retired and home most of the day.
But the thing that really keeps me on track for the rest of the day is keeping a food journal. Keeping a small notebook on the counter and writing everything down-I often write out the day’s meals so I can see what I can or can’t figure in.

Thank you. Yesterday was rough. She did see her therapist last night and things are much better today. Her therapist did mention that maybe being on anxiety meds might help her. So we are looking into that. We don't want to do meds but if it is going to hep to not have days like yesterday (there was more then teenage drama yesterday) then we will. We are looking at waiting a month to hopefully be done with PT, know more with the hematologist and have a better idea of the heart issue and hopefully be fore the med for that before adding something else. I have learned how to deal with her when her anxiety is high but lately it has been too high for me to get through to her.

I had a talk with DH last night. He does know how to make me feel better. I told him that I feel like a horrible mom and wife lately. He reassured me that I am not. I have done like no cooking or cleaning in a few weeks now. I just have no energy by the time I am off of work. Between my own medical stuff and DD's I am just done by the end of the day. He understood and was happy to do the cooking and cleaning to give me a break. He doesn't deal with any of the medical stuff (appointments or bills). It will get better. We just need to make it though this month.

For today's question, I don't have much of an answer. I eat when I am stressed and emotional. If I am eating just to stay awake and I realize that, I just go to bed. Unless it is the middle of a work day. They I don't have and answer.
I’m so glad you and your husband can talk things out. You have a lot going on right now :hug:

You have so much going on right now, you definitely deserve some Grace. The things you are putting off will still be there when you are ready to pick them up.

Sick kids are hard to deal with mentally, emotionally and physically. One day at a time ❤️ I’m glad you have a good DH that is there for you. A support system is so important for you right now.

I hope today is better for you and DD.

@Bethislucy, I'm a boredom eater, too!!

...which leads a good "Topic Tuesday" question:

What are some strategies you use to avoid eating when you know you aren't actually hungry (but are about to eat for social, emotional, or whatever other kind of reasons)?

I am a stress and boredom eater for sure. As sjrec mentioned a food journal/tracking is key for me. If I can see how much a bag of cookies of chips will impact my day vs some baby carrots and hummus, I am much more likely to munch on something healthy. Water too…if I chug 20ozs of water before eating the snack I think I need I sometimes avoid endlesss snacking.

Also-anyone with a Sams club membership- mangos at sams right now are ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS-sweeter than candy!!! Highly recommend if you have a sweet tooth!

Being the mother of a teenager is not for the faint of heart. I hope it gets better. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter