• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

My struggle is food I do really well with the exercise part but I blow it with my eating. I know all the science between the calories burn the arm bmr all that stuff but my struggle comes when I get bored eating or just eating way to much and I know I shouldn't but I do it. When I can get my head around that then I know I will drop the weight but right now it is just working on that.
...and that is exactly what NOOM addresses.

@Bethislucy, I'm a boredom eater, too!!

...which leads a good "Topic Tuesday" question:

What are some strategies you use to avoid eating when you know you aren't actually hungry (but are about to eat for social, emotional, or whatever other kind of reasons)?
I try to get my mind off food by distracting myself with other things like: Coming here on Disboards; playing stupid games on my phone like "Words With Friends," "Angry Birds," etc.; going on social media; reading a book...I've never been a snacker while I read; household chores. After doing something other than eating, it is either time for a healthy meal or the craving has passed.

My primary issue is stress eating. If I am really upset, it doesn't matter what I do.

Stress eating, boredom eating, bit of self sabotage yup I got it all.
Boredom eating is the least common for me and easiest to address. In that case I will often grab a hard candy or gum and then find something to do, unless I am getting tired then I will grab a glass of skim milk and put my arms under a blanket after drinking it.
Stress eating is harder to handle. So i try to have healthy-ish or small portioned snacks to handle that...some popcorn or one piece of chocolate will often be enough to get me through. I also have found myself turning to mio, ah-ha seltzer or the occasional diet soda when I really need a sweet to get through the stress. I know mio in water is obviously healthier but a small glass of diet wild cherry pepsi will often do the trick better than a bag of chips for me.
Self sabotage....its been happening a lot lately. Easiest to identify for me but hardest to quench. Something to work on I guess.

For all those stressing with teens let me jog your memories a bit with some happenings from here last night.
I was on a virtual pta meeting for DS6's school while DS9 watched jeopardy and DD was settling down on the couch. DS6 and DH were doing bathtime upstairs. Then I heard the grunting so I grabbed DD and off to the potty we went. After 10 minutes of Itsy bitsy spider and old McDonald she and I gave up. Of course I had forgotten a new diaper so I went to get one while she ran bare butt into the living room. I walked in just in time to see her staring at her feet while they ended up covered in pee. :sad2:

I am woohoo that DD had a great day yesterday. It was a glance of her old self. I almost cried when she started playing her clarinet for us. She hasn't done this since before she got sick in December. It is a glimmer of hope that we might be starting to get back to normal.

We’re going to pick my grandson up after school today and take him out to dinner. Fun to see him (and his parents!) midweek.

Meals have gone well this week-we’ve been eating oranges (love the Cara Caras) or pineapple for dessert-and a small piece of dark chocolate. I love those Hershey nuggets with almonds.

Hope to get out for a walk-we actually had snow today but the roads are clear so my walking trail should be ok.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I can’t WhooHooo about the weather because it’s freezing here with snow/sleet/freezing rain-but- I got DD into 2 art classes that she wanted today so she’s very excited and I am excited for her to start getting some normalcy back in her life after her recovery from her spinal fusion in January.

Hoping she is cleared to play soccer this season at her post op appointment on Monday!!!

Wahoo only two more work days left this week. And Friday there are no students so double wahoo!

Wahoo we bought our plane tickets to DS2's graduation. I was afraid the cost would be astronomical, but it was very good.

Wahoo I picked up the library books I had on hold.

Wahoo we're ten days out from our trip to see DS2's recital so I should be able to see the weather in NYC on my app. Kinda hard to plan if you don't know what the weather will be.

I picked this one because it snowed...again...here yesterday. ❄❄

I waaaaas thankful that the last (big) snow finally melted. :laughing: Today, I think I'll try to be thankful that:
  • this one is only a little , rather pretty, bit of snow, and
  • I have a camera, so I can take pictures of it.

What are you thankful for today?

I am thankful that I don’t live in a war zone.
I am thankful that I have everything I need and more.
I am thankful that I know where my next meal is coming from.
I am thankful that my family is healthy.
I am thankful for DH’s and my careers and DD’s blossoming career.
I am thankful for the hope of spring.

I am thankful to celebrate another birthday with our oldest son today!
I am thankful that all our kids are happy and healthy.
I am thankful for my Country and the endless blessings I have experienced by living here.
I am thankful for my Faith, I don’t know how I would survive without it.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!!!

W.I.S.H. Friends-

I need to step away from the boards for the next few weeks/months. Our son in law has been diagnosed with colon cancer and I need to focus on being there for them and helping out with our grandson when they’re at Dr appointments. We’re shocked and shattered, but will know more after next weeks tests and get a date for surgery.

I can only pray that I will check in with you in a couple weeks and tell you that the worst is behind us.

Sandy

W.I.S.H. Friends-

I need to step away from the boards for the next few weeks/months. Our son in law has been diagnosed with colon cancer and I need to focus on being there for them and helping out with our grandson when they’re at Dr appointments. We’re shocked and shattered, but will know more after next weeks tests and get a date for surgery.

I can only pray that I will check in with you in a couple weeks and tell you that the worst is behind us.

Sandy

I am so sorry. I will be praying for a good outcome and fast healing for your son in law. :hug:

W.I.S.H. Friends-

Sandy

So sorry to hear. :hug: Fingers crossed that it is a type/stage the docs can do something about.

I forget your grandson's age, but I'm sure you will be a great help to them, and we will be thinking about you here.

W.I.S.H. Friends-

Sandy
So sorry to hear this. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts, praying for the best outcome.

W.I.S.H. Friends-

Sandy
I am so so sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my prayers. I am sure this is shocking and unexpected. You are a beautiful person for putting your family first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter