• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

@sjrec you and your family are in my prayers.
Thankful for another day
Thankful spring is coming and the days will be getting longer
Thankful my children are by and large healthy
Thankful for super helpful inlaws
Thankful for work from home days after stressful nights (gas and growing pains are not kind)
Thankful for being able to find the humor in difficult times

W.I.S.H. Friends-

I need to step away from the boards for the next few weeks/months. Our son in law has been diagnosed with colon cancer and I need to focus on being there for them and helping out with our grandson when they’re at Dr appointments. We’re shocked and shattered, but will know more after next weeks tests and get a date for surgery.

I can only pray that I will check in with you in a couple weeks and tell you that the worst is behind us.

Sandy
Sending prayers that all will turn out well. We will miss you but completely understand.

Last edited:

W.I.S.H. Friends-

I need to step away from the boards for the next few weeks/months. Our son in law has been diagnosed with colon cancer and I need to focus on being there for them and helping out with our grandson when they’re at Dr appointments. We’re shocked and shattered, but will know more after next weeks tests and get a date for surgery.

I can only pray that I will check in with you in a couple weeks and tell you that the worst is behind us.

Sandy

Prayers for you and your family.

Thankful DS2 and his fiancee came over for a visit. We were wondering if we'd see him before we had to take him to the airport! And he's coming over for dinner tomorrow because his sweetie has to work. DH is thankful because he's decided we're having burgers from his favorite joint!

Thankful my co-worker is back with me now that her practicum is completed. Today was so incredibly low stress.

We still have an open week. It would be great if someone not already committed to lead a week could take the week of 3/14-3/20.

This month's hosts are:

2/28-3/6: Summer
3/7-3/13: PollyannaMom

3/14-3/20: Available
3/21-3/27: Sjrec (Summer is covering)

3/28-4/3: Oneanne

W.I.S.H. Friends-

Sandy

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this praying for you all and the doctors.

It has been a rough week here but I think it will start turning around. We got some good news and bad news yesterday. The good news is that the medicine for DD's heart rate issue is working. At PT they monitored her BP and heart rate and it wasn't doing the weird stuff like it was. They even pushed it a bit and DD did great. She wasn't dizzy either. So she no longer needs to do PT. She will work with the athletic trainer at least a few times before he clears her to do track. But I am thinking by the end of the month she will be with the track team. So YAY!!!!!!

The bad news is I heard from the Hematologist yesterday. DD's blood work that she had done a few weeks ago came back abnormal. It was a platelet study. I don't know too much yet but basically she has the right number of platelets but they are not doing what they need to do efficiently. The blood work was not pointing to one specific disorder though. We see the doctor on Tuesday and will get more information. They did say that they will repeat the bloodwork again in 6 months to a year just to make sure nothing funny happened with this one. They did say that this is most likely hereditary and a good chance that at least my sister has the same thing. She has the same issues as DD.

This weekend will be fun. DS is going to take the temps test tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Thankfully DH will be doing all the driving with him. We will also be getting DD track shoes and a new backpack. Then next week we will be getting our new couches. They came in a month earlier then expected. We are so excited. The ones we have now are 16 years old. We got them presidents day weekend they year I was pregnant with DS. It was time for new ones.

I've been thinking a lot about how I can easily offset the impacts of inflation by curbing and managing my spending. I'm even going to put together a monthly budget, there's an application I signed up for a while ago but haven't used it yet. Last night I watched the Netflix show 'The Minimalists', and it really hit home and helped to fill in some of the things I've been thinking about. I've decided to do their challenge, where you get rid of one thing the first day of the month, two things the second day etc. Up to yesterday I would have gotten rid of 55 things and the GW drop off I did last weekend more than covered that, so today it is 11 things. Putting a frame work around the purging makes it kind of like a game.

We're supposed to have a pretty wet weekend, so not planning anything major, hopefully I'll be able to get out for some walks.

It has been a rough week here but I think it will start turning around. We got some good news and bad news yesterday. The good news is that the medicine for DD's heart rate issue is working. At PT they monitored her BP and heart rate and it wasn't doing the weird stuff like it was. They even pushed it a bit and DD did great. She wasn't dizzy either. So she no longer needs to do PT. She will work with the athletic trainer at least a few times before he clears her to do track. But I am thinking by the end of the month she will be with the track team. So YAY!!!!!!

The bad news is I heard from the Hematologist yesterday. DD's blood work that she had done a few weeks ago came back abnormal. It was a platelet study. I don't know too much yet but basically she has the right number of platelets but they are not doing what they need to do efficiently. The blood work was not pointing to one specific disorder though. We see the doctor on Tuesday and will get more information. They did say that they will repeat the bloodwork again in 6 months to a year just to make sure nothing funny happened with this one. They did say that this is most likely hereditary and a good chance that at least my sister has the same thing. She has the same issues as DD.

This weekend will be fun. DS is going to take the temps test tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Thankfully DH will be doing all the driving with him. We will also be getting DD track shoes and a new backpack. Then next week we will be getting our new couches. They came in a month earlier then expected. We are so excited. The ones we have now are 16 years old. We got them presidents day weekend they year I was pregnant with DS. It was time for new ones.
Sounds like things are looking up for you guys! I am so glad!

You have been walking through a difficult season, but you will come out on the other side stronger!!

Me need new sofas too! Where did you buy yours from?

I've been thinking a lot about how I can easily offset the impacts of inflation by curbing and managing my spending. I'm even going to put together a monthly budget, there's an application I signed up for a while ago but haven't used it yet. Last night I watched the Netflix show 'The Minimalists', and it really hit home and helped to fill in some of the things I've been thinking about. I've decided to do their challenge, where you get rid of one thing the first day of the month, two things the second day etc. Up to yesterday I would have gotten rid of 55 things and the GW drop off I did last weekend more than covered that, so today it is 11 things. Putting a frame work around the purging makes it kind of like a game.

We're supposed to have a pretty wet weekend, so not planning anything major, hopefully I'll be able to get out for some walks.
Thank you for sharing this-I am going to watch the Netflix show!

keep us updated on your progress!

I am on baby watch this weekend! My little sisters due date is today and she’s finally showing some signs of labor! I am so excited. Even though we still cannot visit in the hospital I am just over the moon with excitement that she is becoming a mom. I can’t wait to meet my little niece. I am going to be a bundle of emotions I am crying thinking about it!!

Besides that I am going to hibachi today with DD and we are also planning a short hike if she’s feeling up to it.

Tomorrow is rain/snow all day so gonna catch up on housework.

Sunday is my volunteer at the SPCA day!

have a great Friday and a great weekend everyone!

Sounds like things are looking up for you guys! I am so glad!

You have been walking through a difficult season, but you will come out on the other side stronger!!

Me need new sofas too! Where did you buy yours from?

We got them at Levins. We looked at Kapplen, wayside (maybe specific to our area) and LovSac. We loved LovSac and the concept of it but is was way too expensive. To got what amounts to 2 love seats at LovSac where we were able to get a couch, love seat and a sitting chair at Levins. We just didn't find what we liked at the other 2 stores.

Below is what we picked out. We are hoping that the 4 pillows that come with it will be the same pattern as the chair. They will either be this pattern or the ones that in the picture with the couch. We weren't able to pick which ones. We get what they ship with it and we are not able to buy them separately. That was the only down side but I can live with that. The love seat is the same as the couch.
Chair.jpg Couch.jpg

We got them at Levins. We looked at Kapplen, wayside (maybe specific to our area) and LovSac. We loved LovSac and the concept of it but is was way too expensive. To got what amounts to 2 love seats at LovSac where we were able to get a couch, love seat and a sitting chair at Levins. We just didn't find what we liked at the other 2 stores.

Below is what we picked out. We are hoping that the 4 pillows that come with it will be the same pattern as the chair. They will either be this pattern or the ones that in the picture with the couch. We weren't able to pick which ones. We get what they ship with it and we are not able to buy them separately. That was the only down side but I can live with that. The love seat is the same as the couch.
View attachment 653520 View attachment 653521
Nice!

View attachment 653520 View attachment 653521
I love these! good choice!

We don’t have any of those stores near us :-( we have a Ashley furniture and that’s it! IKEA is a 45 minute drive, that’s the next closest that I know of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter