• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving Forward... More DVC.

Last edited:
The Toy Story lot is planned to become a shopping district like Disney Springs with hotels. The reason it's shopping and not theme park is to cater to business travelers from the convention center.

This could obviously change, but that's the rumor for now. Theme park expansion will take place in the parking lots around DLH and PP, either as a new park or connected to DL and DCA via pedestrian bridges over Disneyland Drive (like the one in Downtown Disney.

As someone else noted, a massive parking structure is planned for the east side of Harbor behind the Tropicana area.

OOH! I don't know why my brain forgot that the Toy Story lot was that section down the street. I kept thinking that was some place else.

A parking structure behind the Tropicana certainly doesn't help me when staying at VGC. So I hope there's a better option.

OOH! I don't know why my brain forgot that the Toy Story lot was that section down the street. I kept thinking that was some place else.

A parking structure behind the Tropicana certainly doesn't help me when staying at VGC. So I hope there's a better option.
The new parking structure behind Harbor will be for day guests coming from the south. They will presumably develop a new parking solution near Disneyland Drive for hotel guests (and Downtown Disney) to make up for the loss of the current surface parking around Pixar Place.

The documents that Disney presented that outlines the whole Disneyland forward proposal to the city of Anaheim. Part of the agreement with Anaheim is they will not add a DVC component to Pixar Hotel for at least 20 years.

Any new hotel will have a DVC component.
Can you point to that agreement? I never seen that. The plans on disneyforward actually show another tower in Pixar hotel on the south end

The new parking structure behind Harbor will be for day guests coming from the south. They will presumably develop a new parking solution near Disneyland Drive for hotel guests (and Downtown Disney) to make up for the loss of the current surface parking around Pixar Place.
I would think there's going to be building own parking structure for gc in the entryway and drive up. There's enough room there to do this effectively and service the gc convention space too

Can you point to that agreement? I never seen that. The plans on disneyforward actually show another tower in Pixar hotel on the south end
I posted it in the official VDH owners thread, taken right from the huge PDF Disneyland forward proposal submitted to the city. You can find it there. Those are renderings not a real final proposal. I would take any of those with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

I posted it in the official VDH owners thread, taken right from the huge PDF Disneyland forward proposal submitted to the city. You can find it there. Those are renderings not a real final proposal. I would take any of those with a grain of salt.
Exactly. Disneyland Forward was designed to receive necessary zoning changes from the City of Anaheim. Any "plans" are hypotheticals and just intended as possibilities. Once the zoning is changed to allow theme park, hotel, and shopping development, Disney will then start deciding what they actually want to do and where within the areas they own.

Exactly. Disneyland Forward was designed to receive necessary zoning changes from the City of Anaheim. Any "plans" are hypotheticals and just intended as possibilities. Once the zoning is changed to allow theme park, hotel, and shopping development, Disney will then start deciding what they actually want to do and where within the areas they own.
Yep, i can't wait for the day when they announce the purchase of Gardenwalk, so we can stop pretending Toy Story is going to be ANOTHER shopping district right next door... Between the parking lot. ;)

I've never been to Gardenwalk but it's my understanding it's a bit of a dud. Do we think it would be any better if Disney purchased it? Or maybe only if that whole area becomes more Disney stuff?

I've never been to Gardenwalk but it's my understanding it's a bit of a dud. Do we think it would be any better if Disney purchased it? Or maybe only if that whole area becomes more Disney stuff?
Disney owns the land north and south of Garden Walk. They could do a lot if they purchase it. North is where the new parking garage will likely go. South is the Toy Story lot and future development.

Garden Walk is not the most lively place, but there are some good and popular restaurants there, especially right along Katella. AMC also moved to Garden Walk after Disney kicked them out of Downtown Disney (then left their old building empty for many years until finally redoing the westside).

I still just want to know where exactly we'll need to park when staying at the Grand Californian after all of this new stuff is built. I honestly don't care for using valet so I'll be bummed if it's forced upon us.

I wonder if they will convert any rooms at Pixar Hotel into DVC at some point.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is valet only unless you want to park and walk from a far away parking structure.

I’m guessing valet would be free for DVC at Grand Cal.

I think there is a difference between converting some of Pixar Pier into DVC and building a new 2nd Pixar Pier tower that would be DVC.
I have no idea, I'm just posting what I read in the agreement, section 3.1.1 which reads:

"Disney also agrees that it shall not request City approval to convert Paradise Pier/Pixar Place Hotel to vacation ownership resort units for a minimum of twenty (20) years from the Effective Date"

Disney owns the land north and south of Garden Walk. They could do a lot if they purchase it. North is where the new parking garage will likely go. South is the Toy Story lot and future development.

Garden Walk is not the most lively place, but there are some good and popular restaurants there, especially right along Katella. AMC also moved to Garden Walk after Disney kicked them out of Downtown Disney (then left their old building empty for many years until finally redoing the westside).
Also the House of Blues moved over there, which was a great spot when it was in DTD. I spent A LOT of time there back then.
Gardenwalk will be great once they “acquire” it.

I have no idea, I'm just posting what I read in the agreement, section 3.1.1 which reads:

"Disney also agrees that it shall not request City approval to convert Paradise Pier/Pixar Place Hotel to vacation ownership resort units for a minimum of twenty (20) years from the Effective Date"
Perhaps the word "convert" is key there.

Convert vs build...very different. They actually highlighted the fact of tot negotiated and benefit of that regardless of hotel rooms or timeshare, revenue would increase.

Convert vs build...very different. They actually highlighted the fact of tot negotiated and benefit of that regardless of hotel rooms or timeshare, revenue would increase.
For the last year people have been speculating on DIS boards at what point would Disney "Convert" Pixar Pier to DVC, I think this answers the question. I wouldn't base anything on what the renderings show (another tower at Pixar Pier Hotel for example), as they are purely conceptual. Disney will build another 1300+ hotel rooms most likely as part of the project, some of which will be DVC (as they've already said), no one knows where/what though, except they won't ask to convert Pixar Pier to DVC for at least 20 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter