Moving from Universal to Disney

christienc

Earning My Ears
Hi there everyone,

This is only my second post here on the board. My family is going to Florida March 4-11 2002. We are planning on staying at HRH for 2 nights then moving to on property at Disney World. I have noticed some posts on here about people doing that and I was wondering from someone who has done that how much of a hassle is it?? Is there anything you would do differently or tips for making the transition easier. We had thought about packing one suitcase with everyones clothes in it for the days we were at US/IOA so everything wouldn't have to be unpacked. Any ideas are welcome!!! Thanks in advance!!

:cool:

I did just that in May and will be doing it again in January. I didn't consider it a hassle at all.

I've found that packing well works wonders. It's just me and my son so I control the way things go so this is what I do.

I pack all "essentials" in a bag of their own. I pack all of his clothes in ziplock bags, the big zipper kind, with the shirt, shorts,everything he is to wear on one day in each bag. This way they're easy to grab and go and not to mess up everything to find one outfit. Take only the essentials bag and the outfit bags out as needed.

Take advantage of HRH's "closet" of stuff you may have left at home, also. It's a great perk for those little things you may have forgotten, or don't want to pack.

This way you have less to pack when you're ready to go. I don't like to unpack unless I'm staying for more than 4 days!

Hope that helps. I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions you can use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter