Moving luggage from one hotel to another

2minny

DIS Veteran
We are staying one night at Double Tree Hilton Disney Springs, before our 7 night stay at OKW. Does anyone know if the hotel will transfer our luggage from Double Tree to Old Key West, or if we need to physically carry our luggage to the new hotel. I know if you are moving from Disney properties, they will move the luggage, but I've never had to stay at a Disney Springs hotel. Wasn't sure if they work with Disney hotels.

How close is your trip? Could you maybe book a couple of rooms at All Stars for your one night and then Disney will more your luggage?
Our trip is in a week - we booked rooms at OKW, and then flights were much cheaper the day before, OKW didn't have rooms. So we thought we would just stay at the only place we found openings, didn't think about moving luggage. Just trying to figure out the best way to move all the luggage. Can we get on a shuttle with all our luggage?

You could rent a Uhaul van for $19.95 plus mileage and drive the stuff over OKW.
I laughed, but then I wasn't sure if you were serious. Wouldn't I need to go to the Uhaul place, and rent the Uhaul and then return it?

Our trip is in a week - we booked rooms at OKW, and then flights were much cheaper the day before, OKW didn't have rooms. So we thought we would just stay at the only place we found openings, didn't think about moving luggage. Just trying to figure out the best way to move all the luggage. Can we get on a shuttle with all our luggage?
Maybe something like this may work?

https://www.awaywegoco.com/pricing
IMG_0755.jpeg

I’d call them to see what other options they may have for your particular party.

If you end up short for just a few passengers, maybe just uber them separately.

No luggage on Disney transportation, plus it’s a long walk from Doubletree to boat/buses.

Your only option from a non-Disney hotel is a car - your own, rental, Uber, Lyft or taxi.

I think I’d be looking now for rooms at Disney if you can cancel your hotel. Availability changes daily.

This seems like an awful lot of hassle and a bummer of a way to start out a trip just to save on airfare.
13 people including 4 toddlers! UGH!
If it were me I'd switch back to the original plan. If that's not possible I'd look for a car service along the lines of what poster @Genie+ suggested. I'd be calling around right now, today, because a week out isn't much time. Most people book their car service in advance.

@2minny I feel bad for you. I wouldn't want to deal with this. I hope it works out smoothly.

OP- do you have a solid plan for the day you switch hotels? You will most likely be "homeless" for a period of time, possibly 5-6 hours, very possibly during naptime.
Yes, we have a plan, late check out at Disney Springs hotel, they allow 2pm check out. Then were planning to drop bags at OKW and then go to early Hoop dee Doo. However, the bag drop is much more complicated than I'd anticipated. I think we have decided to take Uber or Mears one way transfer with bags and five of us to OKW. The rest of us will ride the boat from Disney Springs to OKW, with the babies.

This seems like an awful lot of hassle and a bummer of a way to start out a trip just to save on airfare.
13 people including 4 toddlers! UGH!
If it were me I'd switch back to the original plan. If that's not possible I'd look for a car service along the lines of what poster @Genie+ suggested. I'd be calling around right now, today, because a week out isn't much time. Most people book their car service in advance.

@2minny I feel bad for you. I wouldn't want to deal with this. I hope it works out smoothly.
We will just uber or use Mears to the new hotel - it will be fine, thanks for your concern. I was just hoping someone would have an idea, so many veterans! And this board was super helpful. I'm not changing flights back to original, the savings are worth the inconvenience.

Funny, I called disney, and at first they said "absolutely, you can carry luggage on the buses" and I said "I read that you can't" so they put me on hold and said "that is correct, you can't". Thankful for this board. So much help and so much knowledge!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter