MS and point use prioritization

DaveNan

DIS Veteran
I have 2 upcoming reservations in the same UY on the same contract. They both have a combination of banked, borrowed, and current UY points. I also have some current UY points not being used in the same contract. I know when I make a reservation online there is a prioritization order for grabbing points, something like, borrowed > banked > OTU > transferred > current UY.

I would like to rebook the latest reservation using 100% current UY points. Making my unused points now a combination of banked, borrowed and current UY points. Then rebook the earliest reservation, using all the banked and borrowed points. I would be left with the earliest reservations using all my banked and borrowed points. The second reservation and all my unused points would be current UY. All the points needed for this are not tied up in any reservations. I just spoke with MS and they stated, they could not override the default prioritization when booking reservations. I am 99% sure I have done this in the past. I know they can't directly move points from one reservation to another, I am not asking them to do this. Is my memory off?

MS can not pull points out of order..the system is set to use more restricted points first. The only way it won’t is if you have more than one contract and choose not to use that contract during booking.

The only way I know to achieve what you want would be to try and rebook the trip with your current points, even if you do it night at a time, assuming there is some availability and slowly canceling out nights that you can book.

I have done this before but my trips were shorter, I had enough points to swap, and get all my points back from my original trip to reallocate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter