Much discussed already but not good for River Country lovers

vernon

DIS Veteran
I know there has previously been a lot of discussions on the future ( or lack of it) for River country, it does seem that it's life as an alternative to BB and TL is now over. The talked about possible uses for it have been as the "resort pool" for Fort Wilderness and possibly Wilderness Lodge with Disney possibly building a new thered waterpark in the area near Port Orleans ( the proposed name for said park being "Ragin Cajun" and having a deep south theme). I must admit I wasn't a big fan of RC and do think they need a third water park so hopefully this will bring that about if/when the crowds pick up on a more long term basis.

Here is the story from the Orlando Sentinel
http://orlandosentinel.com/business...r08.story?coll=orl-business-headlines-tourism

It's a real shame about River Country. I never went, but always fancied the thought of going to a water park that was more 'laid back' than BB and TL. Let's hope Disney comes up with a good idea for the old RC site that's available to everyone.

Thanks Vernon (er .... I think!! ;) )

Astrid

I think a third water park (again) would be a great idea.It would atke some of the crowds of the other two and make them all more manageable on very bust days hopefully:)

Thanks Vernon (and Rob! ;)).

I haven't visited River Country since our first trip back in 1992. I do keep suggesting we should visit though - for a non-swimmer like me it's nice because I can sit on the beach and watch what everyone else is doing. At BB and TL everyone else disappears all day :( Still, I can appreciate the commercial reasoning and a third themed park would be great, but would the same fate then befall TL?

Never managed to make it to RC as it is always closed in the Winter when we go to WDW. Still, we always intended to go someday...... shame :(

IMHO Disney is putting all its eggs in two baskets which are, aside from theming, very similar. An alternative third park would need to be different to the other two surely otherwise it would be more of the same. Perhaps they need to consider this in any future plans for a third park.

Thanks for the info Vernon (AKA Rob :D )

Oh har de har, you lot ;)

So I've been lurkin a bit too early lately. Wouldn't care but I'd already edited it once coz I spelt thanks wrong !

LOL, Dave! Must be all that Florida sun - frazzled your brain ;)

IMHO, RC wasn't very popular, because it was pretty tame, didn't have the facilitie/attractions and lacked the themeing/drawdraw to get in enough visitors. I'm certain that another "full on" waterpark would get plenty of business. I likes thed idea of Ragin Cajun when it was previously rumoured, I think it could take the "Old South " theme of RC and expand it into a major draw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter