Multi Experience Pass-What can't you use it for

monkeypat83

Mouseketeer
When you get a multi-experience pass when a ride is down turning your Lightening Lane time I know it can be used for rides that do not have Lightening Lanes as well as those that do. What rides can it not be used on? I assume the 3 you pay extra for and I think I remember Peter Pan also? Anything else excluded? I am taking my almost 3 year old and we will have Genie + to use on the few Lightening Lane rides she is tall enough for but mostly to take advantage of the PhotoPass since it is just us on the trip. Wanted to see if it was worth watching the app to try and fish for Multi-Experience passes and use them on non-Lightening Lane rides. Thanks in advance!

There's two tiers I believe. If you get a Multi Experience Pass because an E-ticket ride went down, you can use it on every other ride except the 3 ILL ones (Rise, RSR, Webs) and Peter Pan. If you get it on a lower tier ride like Autopia, I believe you can only use it on rides of that same caliber. I could be wrong on that but my only experiences were getting them for the Matterhorn and Indiana Jones going down.

When I got them there would be a little link that said, "What can I use this for?" and it would tell me what rides. Most times we ended up with the MEP we were able to ride 2 rides with it. The last time we used it to ride Pirates and after that it disappeared, so only 1 ride that time. We weren't able to use any on Peter Pan. (But we were there 2 weeks ago, maybe that has changed?)

We got them when Indy, Haunted Mansion and Incredicoaster were down. I think you may as well fish for them. They helped us SO much. A couple of them I just got by accident, but I did book Indy one morning to fish and it worked.

Do they only work in the park the original ride was in? So say you get one from Indiana Jones being down can it be used for Mater's? With MaxPass I remember it only being the park the original ride was in but wasn't sure it was still that way with Genie +
With an almost 3 year old who is not 40 inches we will be using them on things like Alice or Dumbo that get longer lines later in the day

Do they only work in the park the original ride was in? So say you get one from Indiana Jones being down can it be used for Mater's? With MaxPass I remember it only being the park the original ride was in but wasn't sure it was still that way with Genie +
With an almost 3 year old who is not 40 inches we will be using them on things like Alice or Dumbo that get longer lines later in the day
If you have a park hopper, you can use them in either park. My kids got 4 Multi Experience passes because the Matterhorn went down when they were about to board and we used them for later in the evening for Guardians. The disclaimer lists all the rides in both parks that the pass can be used on.

The pirates queue is really hot and long so that’s a good one to use a MEP. If you’re not using it, stay right at the fork (DAS and MEP are added on the left). After the first Fantasmic show, POC was 15 mins.

And sometimes the cast members allow you to use them on a ride that you shouldn't be able to use them on.....ask me how I know..lol. we got multiple experience passes from haunted mansion and totally forgot to read the rules. My kiddo wanted to go on space and when we scanned in, it did a weird color thing but the cast member told us we were good to go. It dawned on me later that night that we weren't supposed to be able to use it there. Oops! Thank you cast members! I'm generally very on top of everything but it was late and I wasn't thinking.

DD12 wanted to use one to ride Astro Orbiter. We go up to the cast member who lets us on and just says "don't worry about it" and gave us a free ride. Kiddo loved it and I loved not losing a valuable item.

Last edited:
If you want to use a MEP on an attraction that doesn't have a lightning lane, where do you physically go? Up the exit lane?

And sometimes the cast members allow you to use them on a ride that you shouldn't be able to use them on.....ask me how I know..lol. we got multiple experience passes from haunted mansion and totally forgot to read the rules. My kiddo wanted to go on space and when we scanned in, it did a weird color thing but the cast member told us we were good to go. It dawned on me later that night that we weren't supposed to be able to use it there. Oops! Thank you cast members! I'm generally very on top of everything but it was late and I wasn't thinking.
When I was there last year (so before Genie+ to be fair) with my elderly parents when RoR went down on us. It took a long time to come up, and by the time it did there was no way my Mom was going to be able to walk all the way back there by closing so I asked a CM at Alice if we could use it there instead. I don't think we should have been able to, but he let us. DL CM's are so understanding and flexible... I hope that never changes. :)

While the tier system is in place there are plenty of CMs who will just let it go because they do not want to explain an already confusing system.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter