multiple ADRs? Does this happen a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxDisFans

Mouseketeer
Now that there's online reservations for ADRs, and everyone knows how important it is to get them... I'm wondering....

Do you think people make multiple ADRs for a given meal? For example, dinner at 3 different places/times on the same night, then just show up to whichever one suits them on that day???

Basically I'm wondering if the new system allows people to sort of cheat the system, resulting in fewer available reservations but possibly more frequent no-shows. This seems nasty and wrong, but I'm not sure how it can be prevented.

Does Disney have a way to detect this, if you've made more than one reservation in a given time-frame?

what do you think?:confused3

If the system does detect double-booking, it could automatically cancel both ADRs.

Good, that's encouraging... so if you tried to put two dinners under the same resort reservation number, it would cancel them?

Good, that's encouraging... so if you tried to put two dinners under the same resort reservation number, it would cancel them?

Nobody seems to know but there has been wind of Disney "addressing" this issue, so it is still unclear. Worth the risk? Not to me. I would rather have one than none :)

Now that there's online reservations for ADRs, and everyone knows how important it is to get them... I'm wondering....

Do you think people make multiple ADRs for a given meal? For example, dinner at 3 different places/times on the same night, then just show up to whichever one suits them on that day???

Basically I'm wondering if the new system allows people to sort of cheat the system, resulting in fewer available reservations but possibly more frequent no-shows. This seems nasty and wrong, but I'm not sure how it can be prevented.

Does Disney have a way to detect this, if you've made more than one reservation in a given time-frame?

what do you think?:confused3

I was told by CM u need 3+ hrs between meals to avoid issues:confused3

I've had some rather close to the mark because i attempt to build in a good 1/2 hour+ (sometimes closer to 1 - 1-1/2 hr:headache:) wait for the more popular dinner venues (CP, CM - probably because of lingering guests enjoying the charactars vs disney res issues imo -, Ohana, LeCellier etc.) during popular times of the year despite ADR time & checking in on time or earlier. Now, we just show up ontime vs 15-20 min early.

actually that is not true, at least not in our situation.. I have 2 ressies at the exact same time but different places b/c our party is splitting up.... it did say something about having 2 ressies, but said to disregard if it was a different party traveling.. now if it would have been the exact same amount of people not sure what would have happened? I've heard all the rumors about things being xlnd but really haven't met anyone that said it did happen to them.. I'm sure they are out there though...
Not worth the risk if that is what you are trying to do IMHO

actually that is not true, at least not in our situation.. I have 2 ressies at the exact same time but different places b/c our party is splitting up.... it did say something about having 2 ressies, but said to disregard if it was a different party traveling.. now if it would have been the exact same amount of people not sure what would have happened? I've heard all the rumors about things being xlnd but really haven't met anyone that said it did happen to them.. I'm sure they are out there though...
Not worth the risk if that is what you are trying to do IMHO

i noticed that too (exception to the general 'rule')

willing to bet if 2 tables for different restaurants for party of say, 8; are booked every meal & connected to a room res w/max occupancy of 4 it might raise some eyebrows...if not, it should imo

Similar experience to the PPs. I was told by a dining line CM that their policy/system looks for duplicate ADRs and cancels them both. So even if they aren't doing that comprehensively, it's not worth the risk to double-up on ADRs so you can choose one later.

Just to be clear, I certainly am not trying to do this - to me, "gaming the system" isn't fair to anyone. It's more that I'm trying to gauge if it's actually possible to get in as a "walk-in" because a larger number of people make multiple ADRs, then fail to show - thereby creating a space for that meal for a walk-in. There are two places that I can't get an ADR, and i'm pondering the wisdom of trying to get in without one.

I suppose there's no way to know except to try showing up without an ADR and see if I'm seated, right? And be prepared to WAIT.

If I want to eat al Morocco at 2pm but I want my dessert at 3 at Le cellier, would they cancel it to?:confused3

Made a ton of ADRs for upcoming trip ... at one point I noticed I had 2 breakfast ADRs within 1 hour of each other at same resort (different restaurants). Whoops. But my point is that I never received a warning and neither ADR "disappeared" (it had been 2 weeks since I made ADRs and when I noticed it). I canceled the one I didn't want, no biggie.

I have no problem with Dis saying you can only hold 1 ADR during a certain "block" of time; but rule should be clear and enforced consistently.

People are also booking multiple ressies under different names and not linking them to their room reservation numbers. I have a friend who told me how her husband books one set of reservations and she books another set under her maiden name so that they have choices as to where to eat!! I really wish they would hold a credit card number for all ressies and then if people don't show up they would be charged a fee. I think it would cut down on people making extra reservations and not using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter