Multiple contracts question

mike314

Mouseketeer
If you have multiple contracts are you able to use your points for the same trip? Say you have a contract at Bay Lake 100 points and 100 points Old Key West. Can you pool those together in one calendar year and use 200 points at Saratoga Springs for example? Are there any restrictions on when you can use them if you purchased them at different times.

Thanks all

if they are within the same membership you can combine them and book any resort at 7 months
except you cant use resale points at Riviera

if they are different memberships you have to call to transfer the points to one of the memberships

First everyone is based in UY. If the contrasts are in the same membership..same UY and same owners, you can book a single trip with them.

In your example, you can use the BLT points there for home resort bookings, and the OKW there for home resort bookings..7 to 11 months out.

To combine them for one trip, because they are different resorts, you have to wait until 7 months to do that. Then they can be used everywhere…unless restricted resale points which can’t book RIV.

No, technically they are still sitting separately under each home resort contract, you “combine points” by selecting them from your contracts, to use together. It’s not an automatic merge into one blended pot.

Ok so in the system 7 months out, your points automatically merge?

The contracts remain as they are...that never changes. However, when booking at 7 months, you can choose both of them when booking. You choose the order of the contracts in which points should be used. The system will use banked or borrowed points from both contracts, but pull the current UY points from whichever contract is first.

For example, I have SSR and RIV in my Aug UY. When booking at 7 months, I always have my SSR first. This way, I am using those over my RIV points since I like to save them to book during home resort priority. However, at 7 months, if rooms are still available, then I book again, using SSR, so I get even more RIV points back.

Ok so in the system 7 months out, your points automatically merge?
Here’s what it looks like making a reservation on the website, using your example (Assuming the contracts are in the same UY):
  • If I make a reservation for 11 months from now at BLT, when I go to select the points to use it will only show me the BLT contract points
    • Same would happen if I made a reservation at OKW, it will only show me the OKW contract points
    • If I try to make a reservation at SSR at 11 months, it will show no contracts and points available
  • If I make a reservation within 7 months from now for SSR, when I go to select the points to use it will show me both the BLT & OKW contracts and points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter