"must do list" was it worth it?

3kidsfordis

Mouseketeer
On another thread it was asked, what was on your list of things to do on your next trip that you'd never gotten around to doing on previous trips. My question is to those who have purposely added something to your Disney "to do list" Was it worth it? For my April 2008 trip I made a point of seeing/doing:

1. Astro-Orbitor-glad I did it, would only do it again if it was a walk-on.
2. Hall of President's-I enjoyed it and will definitely do it again.
3. Swiss Family Tree House-Glad i saw it, don't need to see it again
4. Expedition Everest-a definite revist!
5. Dinosaur-would love to do again!
6. Kali River Rapids-only if my kids beg me and its really hot out!
7. CRT lunch-think i'll try the Cinderella meal at the GF instead.
8. Found Cinderella's stepsisters-they were hysterical! Will definitely seek them out again!

What was on your list? Was it worth the hype?

From my last list I had Dole Whip and Buzz Lightyear. Buzz was pretty cool - it was fun shooting things. ;) The Dole whip though was not very good. I might try a different combo next trip, but otherwise will happily give Dole Whips a miss!

That was it - everything else that was on my list from last trip just carried over onto the next one - I didn't get a lot done last trip. :)

Last time out was April 2007, and we did lots of stuff we hadn't done before.

1. Chef Mickey's - loved it, but trying Tusker House next time as so many good places to try
2. Whispering Canyon - I liked it, but DH and DD weren't keen
3. 'Ohana - this overrides (1) as it is the only restaurant we are doing again next year
4. Teppanyaki - no longer there, so a bit irrelevant what we thought!
5. Boma (breakfast) - DH liked, DD and I not keen
6. Dole whips and funnel cakes - DD liked Dole whips, so she'll have one next time. Funnel cakes rather too sweet.
7. Pink lemonade - (bearing in mind we don't have it in the UK). DD is obsessed with this now, and would seriously go back to WDW *just* for pink lemonade I think.
8. Expedition Everest - DD sobbed her way round this - and then proceeded to do it another 4 times!
9. Hulk - now my fave coaster
10. Dueling Dragons - good but not as good as Hulk

(In fact 9 & 10 are a bit of a cheat, as the whole of IoA was new to us last time!)

But my number one must do last time was riding up front of the monorail, and I loved it!

For my April 2008 trip I made a point of seeing/doing:

2. Hall of President's-I enjoyed it and will definitely do it again.

Sorry to dissappoint you: The Hall of Presidents will be closed until June 2008. This is because they work on adding the new president to the show. I hope you have a magical vacation anyway, and that you can enjoy the Hall of Presidents during some other trip in the future :goodvibes

Greetings, Wuzefelix

:cool1: So excited you would do Ohana's again - January will be our first ressie there so I am hoping for the best.
As for the question - last time we did Chef Mickey's and yep my six year old insisted on doing it again!!!

Our must do on our last trip was the MNSSHP. We loved it!!! It was sooo much fun!! We always go at Christmas for MVMCP but had never been to MNSSHP before and this was too much fun!!! If they upped the price, it would still be worth it!! :woohoo:

1. Chef Mickey's - loved it, but trying Tusker House next time as so many good places to try

Definitely try Tusker house Charater Breakfast. The food was good and the character interaction was great. My kids really enjoyed dancing with the characters. They usually just greet the characters and take pictures with them. At tusker house, they joined in the dance and had a lot of fun.

After so many trips, the list of undone gets shorter and shorter but we still try to add one thing each trip. From our last visit, it was the Segway Around the World Tour and it certainly lived up to the expectations.

For us it was definitely worth it. We decided to make the American Adventure a priority in Jan. 2007. We didn't know that we would be treated to the Voices of Liberty beforehand. My husband and I both sing and appreciated the intricate harmonies and perfect pitch. Also, our son was picked out of the crowd by one of the female singers and sung to during "Skip to my Lou".

Amy

Many firsts this last trip!

1. Space Mountain-lost count-will definitely do again.
2. Splash Mnt.-only if it is hot out.
3. Astro Orbiter-once was enough.
4. Jungle Cruise-would do again.
5. Hall of Pres.- would do again to see Obama.
6. Dole Whip-will get the twist next time.
7. Barnstormer-lots of fun.
8. Laugh Floor- would do again.
9. Ohana-loved it!
10. Soarin'-loved it!
11. Spaceship Earth-would do again.
12. American Adventure-would do again.
13. Turtle Talk-would probably do again.
14. Nemo and Friends- not sure
15. Ellen- liked it, but once was enough
16. Living with the Land- liked it- would probably do again.
17. Toy Story- would do again
18. 50's Prime Time- once was enough
19. Great Movie Ride- would do again.
20. Nemo at AK- liked it- once was enough.
21. Primeval Whirl- my son would definitely do again
22. Boatrights- DH would do again for French Toast!
23. Bayou Pirate Adventure- son was luke warm about this.
24. Segway Tour- DH loved it

Wow! I'm wondering what we did the first 2 trips!!

Sorry to dissappoint you: The Hall of Presidents will be closed until June 2008. This is because they work on adding the new president to the show. I hope you have a magical vacation anyway, and that you can enjoy the Hall of Presidents during some other trip in the future :goodvibes

Greetings, Wuzefelix

3kids was listing what they did last April. I didnt see an upcoming trip listed in their post.

We made a point of trying all new restaurants this past trip (Oct) and a few new rides:
1. Nemo show at AK - loved it, definitely will do again
2. Flights of Wonder at AK - I was quite surprised, this was an awesome show...will do again.
3. Astro Orbiter - Fun ride, but I agree with PP, I'll only do again if walk on.
4. Jungle Cruise at night - seems like a completely different ride, I like it better at night!
5. PB&J Milkshake from Tune in Lounge in DS - Delicious!!!!
6. CA Grill and Jiko - both awesome, will definitely do again as long as it's not a "budget" trip.

Last time out was April 2007, and we did lots of stuff we hadn't done before.

4. Teppanyaki - no longer there, so a bit irrelevant what we thought!

What do you mean it's no longer there? I have a reservation there when we are down in December for where they cook in front of you. Did they rename it or what?

When we went in August, my last visit had been in 1988, so a LOT was new to me.

1. CRT for breakfast. The food was good, and the kids had a blast, would do again
2. Splash Mountain. I'm not big on drops, but it was a good ride none the less. My DS4 LOVED it. I'm pretty sure he'll want to do it again next summer, and I'm the only fool in the family that will go on it with him, so I guess I'll probably do it again.
3. BTMRR. It was a GREAT ride, sorry I only got to ride one time, will repeat for sure.
4. Soarin', loved it, it's a must do for next year.
5. Test Track, same as Soarin'.
6. Crystal Palace breakfast, also worked out great, will do again.

There were a fair number of other things we did for the first time, and most were great fun. We pretty much enjoyed every restaurant we tried, and all the rides as well.

This year we at breakfast at Boma's and we thought it was well worth it. Next August we're going to go for dinner (and perhaps breakfast again!!). We also did Fantasmic which I thought was not worth it. But we did it once, and we've been trying to see it for a few years, and for us once was enough. Next year we're going to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour and perhaps the Segway tour since my son will be 16 by then.

Here's my list:
1. Dole Whips: awesome! Will be getting one again.
2. 'Ohana for breakfast: Everyone loved it. This will be on our must do list again.
3. Expedition Everest: Fun but not worth a 50 minute wait. Using FP is the only way to go!
4. IllumiNations cruise: We loved it but won't be doing it again unless we win the lottery. :)
5. Carousel of Progress: Cute. It's a nice way to get out of the heat.
6. Hall of Presidents: I surprised myself by really liking it. It even impressed our DS (7).
7. Rope Drop: Doing it again would depend on how our vacation is going. It was great doing Fantasyland in one hour and getting early return time (11am) for FP at TSM.
8. Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream: Will order one every trip from now on!

Things on our must-do list for our next trip:
1. Go to a Disney waterpark.
2. Hoop De Doo Revue (I don't know if I spelled that correctly)
3. Go to Christmas store at DTD.
4. Hire a babysitter and dine at V&A
5. Spend more time in World Showcase in Epcot.
6. Explore Disney's Boardwalk

Great thread! Thanks for starting it! :)

MNSSHP - what a blast - totally worth it
Chef Mickeys for breakfast - we had a great time and food was pretty good
TSM - it was fun, but I'm glad I didnt have to wait an hour for it.

First from this past trip -

1. Dole Whip - will pass on next time
2. Almond Pretzel from Norway - AMAZING, will get every trip now
3. Carousel of Progress - glad to do once, don't feel compelled again unless with a first timer
4. Monster's Laugh Floor - went three times, on the list of musts for next trip
5. Finding Nemo Show at Animal Kingdom - now my favorite live show
6. Nemo ride in Clammobiles - skip it completely, even with the kids
7. Coral Reef Restaurant - middle of the road, not opposed to returning, but don't feel compelled either
8. Boma - A great meal that appeals to both adventurous and safe eaters. Plus an excuse to visit Animal Kingdom Lodge. Will likely do on the next trip.
9. TSMM - went once with FP. Wouldn't stand in 40+ min line for it, but will definitely FP next trip.
10. SpectroMagic - saw it twice. Not your typical parade, even by Disney standards. Will likely see next time.
11. Stitch's Great Escape - I refused to go - DH did and said he'll NEVER do again.
12. See the tigers on the Maharajeh Jungle Trek at 4:15pm. I've seen the tigers lazily sitting many times before, but they get very active at this time because they know it is nearly feeding time. Got to see a two tigers swim and lots of interactions between four tigers.
13. Figment ride at Epcot - again, glad I saw once, but no need to do again.

It was a great trip (of course, every Disney trip is though).

What do you mean it's no longer there? I have a reservation there when we are down in December for where they cook in front of you. Did they rename it or what?

They did a refurb on the restaurant section of Japan. Teppanyaki is now called Tepan Edo. Still the same concept (hibachi), just a different name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter