"Must Eats" at WDW

Williamsfamily7

Mouseketeer
I've seen posts like this before, but I leave in less then 2 weeks and it's really time to get serious - about the important stuff: WHAT WILL I EAT IN THE PARKS!!!!

OK: I've already written down that I HAVE TO HAVE a Dole Whip and a French Toast Loaf at MK and some Schoolbread at Epcot (Norway?). I've been To WDW 4 times and never tried any of these! I'm so embarrassed!!!

Anyone have their own "must eats" that I should try? What's your favorite food at Disney - snack, CS or TS? How about some suggestions from AK and MGM? You don't want me to walk around these 2 parks with any empty stomach all day, do you? I guess it's my mission to just eat my way around the world!

For me, the "must eat" next year is shawarma, from Tangierene Cafe. I've been looking for an opportunity to eat there and this is going to be the year.

At Disney-MGM Studios, I think the closed I come to a "must eat" is pork chops (now "Pork Tenderloin") at 50s Prime Time Cafe.

1. I ALWAYS have a turkey leg and a mickey bar!! Gosh - I'm not a total novice! Actually, I do really love both of them and they are great suggestions. Can't wait to indulge. :goodvibes

2. What the heck is "shawarma?"

From Tangierene Cafe: Shawarma -
DSCF5818.jpg

bicker said:
From Tangierene Cafe: Shawarma -
DSCF5818.jpg

We have a lebanese restaurant around the corner... and they serve shawarma... and that doesn't look remotely like it, lol. Where is the pita bread? Is that actually lamb or not?

I suspect that a speciaty item like pita bread would probably raise the price of this beyond the bounds of the CS category. As it is, it is one of the most expensive CS items available at WDW.

The platter can be chicken, lamb or a mix. I believe the photo shows a chicken platter.

MICKEY MOUSE ICE CREAM SANDWICH!!!!!! i always have them

and a garbage pail from BB and TL for like $8, its a huge ice cream sundae in a bucket with spade

For me, it is the Frozen Bananas. They used to sell them in the grocery stores, but not anymore! Boo Hoo! Guess I will have to wait until our next trip to Disney to have one!!

Along with a Dole Whip and Mickey Bar, I have to have a chipwhich. Though you can get them in the grocery store, but I don't eat those things at home. I have to get some Mickey Waffles, and I always hope that whatever breakfast we go to has Breakfast Lasagna!! We also always get a funnel cake in Epcot-- I know we can get them anywhere, but we don't really get them anywhere else. My husband would say Beaver Tails, as he's still whining about Trapper Bob's closing.

In the parks...Le Cellier at Epcot, that yummy Filet Mignon, cheese soup and pretzel bread. Also try Biergarten and Nine Dragons has wonderful Honey Sesame Chicken.

MK...Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, Thanksgiving style meal with characters. Crystal Palace has a good buffet, any meal. Pecos Bill for a burger with all the trimmings. Dont by pass the bakery on Main St. Anything in there is good!

AK...Flame Tree BBQ. Im from NC, BBQ capital of the world. FT holds its own against any BBQ where Im from.

MGM...50s PTC...Fried Chicken, Pot Roast, Salmon, Roasted Pepper....and dont miss the PB&J milkshake

In the resorts....AKL, Boma is a wonderfully tasty buffet...the CMs fav, if you dont believe me, call them, they will tell you :teeth: Ohanas evening meal at the POLY, time this one around Wishes, makes for a wonderful evening. WCC at WL. Get the skillet and hang on for a hoop-hollerin time!

Espn at BW...followed by anything from BW bakery

And you let us know the new things you discover. We have been on many trips and havent tried it all. So many things to see and do, so little time.

Have fun and enjoy!

Ok-- have to agree with last post. Cheddar Cheese soup from LeCellier and I also need some of the Maple Creme Brule! LeCellier is a must do.

Coconut Ice Cream dessert from 'Ohana, and the entire dinner (must do)

A meal at Crystal Palace (we usually alternate between dinner and breakfast, this trip is dinner, so next trip will be breakfast) is a must do.

A burger from Pecos Bill's

A hot dog from Casey's

That pictures is from the Tangerine Cafe but it's not a shawarma. The shawarma is a sandwich. It comes in a Pita style bread and is delicious.

My must haves are Butter Pecan Ice Cream from Main Street Ice Cream Parlor and Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treat.

I also love Crystal Palace. This will be the first trip that we don't have ADR's for there. I'm a little bummed but have been over ruled. We're attempting to try new places. But I'm very excited that I will get my Cheese Soup and Filet Mignon from Le Cellier. Haven't had that in 7 years!!! It better be as good as I remember.

I also love the Pot Roast at 50's PTC.

iHEARTflorida said:
MICKEY MOUSE ICE CREAM SANDWICH!!!!!! i always have them

and a garbage pail from BB and TL for like $8, its a huge ice cream sundae in a bucket with spade

Sorry what is BB and TL??? this bucket sounds yummy...I'm terrible with abbreviations...thanks

AdventureGuru said:
Sorry what is BB and TL??? this bucket sounds yummy...I'm terrible with abbreviations...thanks

BB is Blizzard Beach

TL is Typhoon Lagoon, so the disney water parks

bicker said:
For me, the "must eat" next year is shawarma, from Tangierene Cafe. I've been looking for an opportunity to eat there and this is going to be the year.

Bicker, DH and I had the shwarma platters twice in May....it was fabulous...I plan to have another one this Thursday!!!! Yippeee!

Quinn222 said:
That pictures is from the Tangerine Cafe but it's not a shawarma. The shawarma is a sandwich.
The shawarma comes as either a sandwich ($9.95), or as you saw, as a platter ($11.95 or $13.95).

My biggest and most important must eat is Tonga Toast at The Kona Cafe :goodvibes . I think I would go into a panic attack if I was told I couldn't have that :scared1: :faint:

bicker said:

mmmmmm...Chicken Shawarma. I used to live in Michigan and work in Dearborn. A friend introduced me to middle eastern cuisine, and being as picky as I am, I always got the Chicken Shawarma. Now I live in the middle of a farming community and pizza ia about as exotic as it gets. Chicken Shawarma is not my one "must have" when we go to WDW.

To the other poster who mentioned the pita...last time at Epcot I was served the Shawarma on a pita. I don't really see it in the picture but it was served "open faced" (and really sloppy) rather than "burrito style".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter