MVMCP November 30

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I had to come to Tampa for a meeting this week and decided to fly in Sunday and go to MVMCP. I had a great time and thought I would give you a brief report.

I did not arrive until 6:15 pm and had to go to will call to pick up my tickets. That went fast and I was in the park fairly quickly. They were routing everyone to Tommorwland. At a few minutes before 7 I left Tommorowland and went to the photo station at Small World. Guess what NO BUTTONS? (For those of you have not gone before they give out round metal buttons. ) The person seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. I noticed other guest with buttons, so I asked someone. Turns out they got them at TTC. Now, I took a Disney bus so....... I headed off to the front gate. NO BUTTONS, he told me TTC also....... Off to Guest Services where they told me photo stations!!! I said NO and just got stubborn. Finally they went and found the buttons and I and several other guests got them. For those of you going next time, this problem seems to have been fixed. Buttons appeared at Photo Stations later and I assume they will be there from now on.

By now it is heading towards 7:30 so I went to the giant Disney store next to guest services and bought my pins and long sleeve t-shirt. The theme is very nice this year. I then went to Pecos Bill and had a burger with all the fixins. No line.

Off to Big Thunder Mt. Walk on. Took the wooden trail to Haunted Mansion. Even at about 8 there were decent spots for the early parade. Haunted Manison was a walk on. Went on Small World (walk on).(This is where I noticed buttons had been delivered.)
Saw a bell chior peform near Cinderalla's castle. (NOTE: Cinderalla's carriage is NOT behind the castle this year. I think this may be due to Wishes, I noticed they were blocking that whole area off.)

Saw The Lake Howell Brass. This was a great group and I highly recommend it. It appears to be high school kids doing a kind of durm and brass performance on stage. They did a great job and were very entertaining. I notice they are on the schedule (bell chior was not) so I assume they will be there for all nights.

Walked on Space Mt. Then went to Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas. I had to stand in the back, but it is a good show.

Got a spot for Wishes. This is a wonderful show. It was not followed by any special Xmas fireworks, but.... it is just great!

Back to Adventureland where I rode Aladdin for the first time. No line! Rode Pirates. Went thur Liberty Square looking for a parade spot and heard a great quartet singing carols.

At about 10:40 I found a great spot for th 10:45 parade right in front of the train station on Main Street. There were some new things in the parade, specifically a Brother Bear float.

Went back to the castle and watched Celebrate the Season and then back on the bus.

Crowds were minimal. The longest lines were for the photos!

It was a little cool especially while sitting and waiting on the parade!

Thanks for the report! Sounds like a good time. I am a little dissapointed to hear that there weren't any holiday additions to the fireworks:(

I was a little disappointed but then thought that Wishes is so special that I am not sure the holidaay fireworks might be a let down. The crowd was really into the fireworks.

Thanks so much for the review! I am anxiously awaiting 12/14 & 12/19! :hyper: Maggie

Thanks for posting Carol :) Where did they move Cinderella's carriage to or was it even out?

Originally posted by CarolA By now it is heading towards 7:30 so I went to the giant Disney store next to guest services and bought my pins and long sleeve t-shirt.
:cool2: Thank you! I was just going to ask whether anyone had info on it. Are the pins the special MVMCP ones? Do you know whether the AP MVMCP ones are still there? I don't collect them but it will be DH & DD's first party and a nice tangible memory. I haven't been in over 11 years during the Holiday events so I was excitied to know that there are long sleeve t-shirts. I am looking for times of the shows since that will be what we will be doing for the most part so that I can finish my MVMCP itinerary. (I'm so behind with my planning). Do they have a similar events schedule like the park shows listing? Do you know if it's typically the same time every party night? I am now on the quest for news on the CP @ Epcot feedback. ;)

We were passing by you several times Carol! My girls and I went last night for our last Disney fix before getting on the plane this morning.

It was pleasant and no lines anywhere except for the crowds at the shows. We didn't find a good spot for the parade but didn't really try until the last minute.

Wishes is really great! I was able to see it 3x last week and would love to again.

I was disappointed that the carriage wasn't there. I missed it the last time we did MVMCP and I was going to make sure I made it to Fantasyland this time.

I picked up the 1st pin and the AP pin. They should have plenty of the AP pin at least for a while. It is really cute. There are 12 different pins and they had a framed set, it seemed to be selling pretty quickly and although I'd have loved to have it the price wasn't in the budget.

CarolA,

Did they have Rudolph fly from the Castle at the start of the fireworks?

My DD5 keeps talking about seeing it again. She'll be crushed if they don't have it.

Glad to hear you had a good time after your pin search.:rolleyes: You would think that they would have this down pat now that they have been doing this every year for how many now???

So no special perimeter fireworks (shot from 6 different directions)?

They better have the buttons, I have mine from the last 5 years above my computer at work on the cube wall. The space is ready for #6! Planning on Tuesday night next week if the weather is OK. I'll buy the tickets when we get there. Hopefully it willn't be like last year where the weather was miserable so I waited until the last minute and paid full price.

I did not even know there was an AP pin so I missed that.
No Rudolph, but Tink has been enhanced!
Wishes ends with some perimeter fireworks.

I did not see the carriage anywhere.

We had a great time and for those of you who are wondering about getting in even earlier, we got there at 4PM and walked right in with our MVMCP tickets. No problem.

Here is the schedule-

MVMCP Parade- 8:15 and 10:45
"Wishes" 9:15
'Twas the night before Christmas Show 6:15, 7:15, 8:15, 9:30 and 10:30
Celebrate the Season Show 7:00, 9:30 and 12:00
Goofy's jamboree celebrates the holidays 7:30, 8:45 and 10:00
Belle's Enchanted Storytelling 7:30, 8:40, 9:30, 10:20 and 11:10
Snowflake Special Storytelling 7:25, 8:05, 8:55, 10:15 and 11:30
Lake Howell Holiday Brass 6:45, 7:45 and 8:45

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Christophfam,

Thanks for posting all of the show times. I was hoping that they would let people in at 4:00 without tickets. I heard they weren't doing it this year. Our AP are expired, and we are not ready to renew. But..... I need my Disney fix, I can't stay away. I'm going to buy my tickets tonight - can't wait!!

Cathy

Thank you for posting your report and the schedule. We leave in four days and are going to the 12/11 party -- I can hardly wait. I have a post on the collectors board if anyone is looking to trade MVMCP pins -- I'm especially looking for the train one (I think it is 12/5).

Joy

Thanks for the reprot! My DH and I were at WDW for Halloween this year so we went to MNSSHP. We joined DVC while we were there and we're going back Dec 04. I think we will alternate MNSSHP and MVMCP every other year!

D4D

I'm a little confused......MVMCP parade shows sometime around 8 and 10pm. Isn't it dark by then? Is this the Spectromagic parade with the lights, or just like an afternoon parade with no lights?

Thanks,
Michelle

Originally posted by diznee25
I'm a little confused......MVMCP parade shows sometime around 8 and 10pm. Isn't it dark by then? Is this the Spectromagic parade with the lights, or just like an afternoon parade with no lights?

Nope, it's neither. It's an all together different parade that they do special for the MVMCP, and is televised on Christmas Day. It is dark by 5-ish now-a-days and that lends to the overall magic of the entire Christmas Party.

All 10 of us will be there next Tuesday! 12/9 :grouphug: Yahoo!!

Thanks so much for the report!! I've got a better idea now on times for shows, which I needed. Can't wait for our trip. We'll be there for 12/14 MVMCP!!!!! See you there!

Can someone please explain what the Snowflake and Belle's storytime events were like?I'm trying to decide whether my 2 teens would like them,or maybe we should use that time for the rides:rolleyes: princess: princess: princess:

Thank you so much christophfam for posting the schedule and janette for the AP pin information. You have greatly alleviated some of my planning anxiety. Since it snowed here today I am so in the mood for the Holiday - but in Florida and Disney snow :goodvibes

Me again editing my post with another question: Would you tell me the location of these events?

'Twas the night before Christmas Show
Celebrate the Season Show
Goofy's jamboree celebrates the holidays
Belle's Enchanted Storytelling
Snowflake Special Storytelling
Lake Howell Holiday Brass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter