• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP Question

Jan/Ma

Mouseketeer
If we are in the Magic Kingdom the day we have tickets to the MVMCP are we allowed to stay in the park when the general public has to leave? We would like to eat at a counter service and wait for the party to start. Is this possible? And, if so , what counter service restaurants are open?

Thanks
Jan

We were in MK and were allowed to stay in park he went to desk by City Hall and showed our MVMCP tickets and they gave us a red wrist band.I can't remember all the counter service dining that was open I know Caseys was.Have a great time we're going to MVMCP 12/9.:wizard: :goodvibes :wave2:

We will be there also on the 9th!! Can't wait!:) This is our first time to go to WDW during the holidays!!:)

You will be able to stay in the park as stated you will just need to trade your ticket in for a writst band anytime after 4pm. However food service will not be open between the "offical" park closing time and the start time of the party. Because they are trying to clear the park of the day guests that are not attending the party, the stores and food will close promptly with the park closing. For instance, with the Halloween parties going on now, the park closes at 6pm sharp... all merchandise, food, etc. They generally have a section of the park that will be open for rides (last year was Tomorrowland and Fantasyland) they will send everyone with the wrist bands over there so that they can clear the day guests out easier. So yes you can stay in the park, but plan your food prior to the park closing or after the party start time...

DisneyFan79
This is your frist time to WDW during the holidays! you are going to love it. :teeth: It will probably spoil you, so that you will only want to go then from now on. ::yes::
I would love to go in Nov. for the MNSSHP but I can't get my husband to go any time other than Dec. :(
Enjoy your trip an MVMCP, again you will love it. :teeth: ::yes::
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by LibertyBelle
...(snip)...However food service will not be open between the "offical" park closing time and the start time of the party. Because they are trying to clear the park of the day guests that are not attending the party, the stores and food will close promptly with the park closing. ...

Last year, my DH & I ate at Cosmic Ray's (in Tommorowland) while we were waiting for MVMCP to begin. It was definitely open between the time the park closed for day guests and re-opened for party guests. Perhaps the other counter service restaurants closed, but this one did not. Maybe that's because Tomorrowland was the place the CMs were "herding" all the party guests to while they readied the rest of the park for the party.

I have no idea if they will operate the same this year as last, but I would bet that they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter