My 1st trip to WDW Dining Reviews - Part I

MinnieM21

DIS Veteran
This was my first trip to WDW and I have to say that one of the best things about WDW is definitely the food! I think I ate more than I ever have in my life and most of it was incredibly delicious. It was Me (19), Mom (51), and my Dad (52). We tried so many restaurants and counter service places so I’ll just review the table service restaurants or else my reviews would be miles long! I hope you all enjoy the Part I of my reviews: :)

Garden View Lounge:
We had a 2:00 pm PS on our arrival day and I was looking forward to finally eating something! We got there 15 minutes early but the CMs we still setting up. Finally it was about 10-15 minutes past 2pm and one of the CM finally lingered slowly over to the podium. There was a line and some of the people were also complaining about how long it took someone to come over. Finally we were seated and everything looked so delicious, it was definitely difficult to decide! I got the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea which was ok, nothing special really. My mom ordered the English Breakfast tea which she loved and my dad decided on the Irish Breakfast tea which he enjoyed as well. My dad ordered the two scones which came with Devonshire cream and strawberry and raspberry jam. He said they were really delicious so I tried a bite of his scone. They were very good especially with the Devonshire cream. My mom and I decided to split the tea sandwiches. There was a shrimp salad one, chicken salad, egg salad, cucumber, and pear and gorgonzola. I thought the chicken and egg ones were yummy. My mom thought the shrimp one was not so great. I tried the pear one as well and it was one of the nastiest things I have ever tried. I also tried a couple of pastries, it was in the shape of a swam and was filled with a cream which was ok. My mom tried the chocolate éclair which she loved and I thought it was ok.
The afternoon tea was very relaxing but I don’t think I would do it again. The food was ok nothing spectacular.

Liberty Tree Tavern:
The first time we went here was for lunch. I loved the décor of the restaurant and the costumes that the CMs wore. We had a 2:35pm PS and were seated early. Our server was incredibly nice and suggested various items to us. I decided on the Colony Salad which came with pecans, chicken, apples, and cheddar. I got the salad without cheese and without apples because I’m allergic to raw apples. The salad came with a honey shallot dressing and the salad was HUGE! It looked like it had come in a serving bowl. The chicken was really moist and delicious and was my favorite part of the salad. My mom ordered the soup of the day which was a French Onion Soup and instead of a crouton and cheese on top it came with a puff pastry on top. She kept raving about how delicious it was and I took a taste of hers and it was SOO good! She also ordered a side salad with the strawberry vinaigrette dressing. My mom LOVED the dressing! My dad decided on the Old Glory which is a ¼ lb burger and it came with tomatoes, lettuce, and my dad got mushrooms and provolone. The burger also came with a ton of fries. My dad almost ate the whole thing and loved it. By then we were too full for dessert even though I really wanted to try dessert.
Lunch was absolutely delicious and the service was great. I would definitely recommend the LTT for lunch.

The second time we went to the LTT was for the character dinner right before MVMCP. The restaurant was definitely really busy and we had a PS for 5:20pm but didn’t get seated until a little bit after 5:30 which was understandable since it was so busy. Our server was very nice and described how the dinner worked. She first brought out the salad which had tomatoes and onions and a strawberry vinaigrette. It was very delicious! Our server also brought us some rolls with honey butter. I loved the butter, it was very yummy! Next she brought out the mashed potatoes and gravy which my mom couldn’t get enough of! My dad and I loved them SOOO much as well. There was also slices of beef, turkey, and pork and stuffing which was underneath the meats. We all loved the beef and turkey. My parents really enjoyed the pork which I didn’t have since I don’t eat pork. I really loved the stuffing and I think I ate it all by myself! The carrots were had a sweet glaze on them and were very flavorful. I was the only one who ate them since my parents don’t really love cooked carrots. We also had macaroni and cheese which my mom ate a lot of since she loves macaroni and cheese. It was very creamy and so good. I really wanted to eat more but I couldn’t. But we definitely had room for dessert which was a warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. The apples were sweet and the crumble topping was sooo delicious and the ice cream just melted over the whole thing. I was glad the apples were cooked or else I wouldn’t be able to eat dessert! The characters were a lot of fun as well. There was Minnie who had on the cutest dress and hat and she visited us twice. Goofy was so funny and tickled me and picked up a man at the table next to us which was hilarious. Chip and Dale were so cute with their little aprons and also came around twice. Pluto only visited us once and was a lot of fun.
I loved dinner more than lunch and would love to come back for MNSSHP next year!

Wow I wrote a lot, I’ll come back and write the next part of my reviews later. I hope you all enjoyed the couple of reviews I did for now. :wizard:

Love the LTT, especially for lunch. The food there is so good (and Chef Amber is the best when it comes to allergies).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter