my AP is officially expired now

No Molly, say it isn't so!

You can always do the volunteer thing and get a free day and then come for a couple of days during the diva meet.:goodvibes

:( I will be there right there with ya in just a couple months...I'm already sad! :(

Oh, so sad. :sad1: I was sad the last time we had APs and they exprired so I understand. Ours expire next week but I'm trying my hardest to see if we can renew.

Thanks for the sympathy/empathy!

The volunteer thing could happen. Of course, I'd have to plan it for a time that my brother and his wife want to see me and Eamon...they like flying us down, and then I'm sure my SIL would pay for E's ticket (heck, she sent us off for one night at PPH on her during our last trip to San Diego, and even filled up the gas tank in her Durango for us!)...plotting, plotting...

And last year I did let the AP "go", but then barely a month later I bought a new one b/c of my friend's b'day celebration in San Diego and my "one day blitz" before coming home from that.... But we really have made a pact to pay off the car before spending more at DLR, and then we're planning a WDW thing...

Obviously there are worse things in the universe...but this is my own personal little bummer.

Plus, my info is going to be SO out of date!!! How will I be able to help others if I have year old information????

So then if I can't help, I'll have to curtail my dis time. With no dis time, what will I do? The house will be spotless, DS will go through a year's worth of homeschool work in 2 weeks, he'll graduate high school by the time he's 6.5...THEN what will I do????

I think I'd better stop myself from continuing this train of thought or I'll end up selling the TV to get myself down there this Yuletime. (and then what would Robert and Eamon do while I'm gone????)

Plus, my info is going to be SO out of date!!! How will I be able to help others if I have year old information????

So then if I can't help, I'll have to curtail my dis time. With no dis time, what will I do? The house will be spotless, DS will go through a year's worth of homeschool work in 2 weeks, he'll graduate high school by the time he's 6.5...THEN what will I do????

I think I'd better stop myself from continuing this train of thought or I'll end up selling the TV to get myself down there this Yuletime. (and then what would Robert and Eamon do while I'm gone????)

:rotfl2::rotfl2: E is going to be in college at 7 years of age!! All because of the AP expiration!

Sadly, my PAP expired on 10/2. Now, one would think that, because I went so many years without an AP of any kind, to lose this one wouldn't be a big deal. But I felt the loss when we were at DLR a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to be able to whip out the AP at Storytellers for my 15% discount. I wanted to be able to use it to get free parking (I kept reminding my DLR companions who complained about Disney parking prices that we could have gotten FREE parking if SOMEONE [S-H-A-W-N] had agreed to go when the AP was still valid rather than shell out $14:mad:). I wanted to be able to use it for a merchandise discount in case I found something I had to buy. Even the other day, I was about to go onto the AP section of the DLR website and stopped myself. Though I realize they do not cruelly banish us from that section as soon as the AP expires, I felt as though I didn't 'belong' on that part of the site and should not be looking at AP rates for hotels without a valid, active AP!!! I could even maybe swing the monthly payment deal for a few months and then pay it off in full before the 12-month mark, but I would never feel as if the AP was truly 'mine' until it was all paid for.

With no plans to get another for at least a year! :(

I won't lie, but that is really devastating news :rotfl: I have no idea what I'm going to do when mine runs out. We had family that lived down there so it was fairly easy for me to fly down, now we no longer do :guilty:

you have it rough my dear, big hugs :hug:

OMG Molly, you're killing me....much like Sherry I can see E in college at 7......LOL We will blame it all on DL! :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: E is going to be in college at 7 years of age!! All because of the AP expiration!

Sadly, my PAP expired on 10/2. Now, one would think that, because I went so many years without an AP of any kind, to lose this one wouldn't be a big deal. But I felt the loss when we were at DLR a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to be able to whip out the AP at Storytellers for my 15% discount. I wanted to be able to use it to get free parking (I kept reminding my DLR companions who complained about Disney parking prices that we could have gotten FREE parking if SOMEONE [S-H-A-W-N] had agreed to go when the AP was still valid rather than shell out $14:mad:). I wanted to be able to use it for a merchandise discount in case I found something I had to buy. Even the other day, I was about to go onto the AP section of the DLR website and stopped myself. Though I realize they do not cruelly banish us from that section as soon as the AP expires, I felt as though I didn't 'belong' on that part of the site and should not be looking at AP rates for hotels without a valid, active AP!!! I could even maybe swing the monthly payment deal for a few months and then pay it off in full before the 12-month mark, but I would never feel as if the AP was truly 'mine' until it was all paid for.

See, if you'd been able to come when Jas and I were there......but we understood. We were bummed but we understood. :) My point is that you would have been able to get those discounts because we would have shared with you. You're lucky tho, you qualify for the monthly payment plan......I don't....because I'm not in So Cal...stupid lame rule...but I'm not bitter.....LOL

Yay, more sympathy for my (piddly) plight!

Can you imagine the social problems he'll have, going off to Duke (b/c that's sis in law and brother's alma mater) at 7? He doesn't even know his SS number yet! Guess I'd better put that on the list of things to teach him in the year after my info becomes completely outdated and I have to slink away from here.

Sherry, much like I tell my brother (in my head, b/c no one tells my brother anything lest they get a blank stare, then 3 months later he has a brand new idea that matches what you said earlier, anyway), if you CAN get the payments on an AP, golly why not? There's no interest, is there? (if there is, my enthusiasm wanes a slight bit)

Molly it's too bad you can't use his address to get yourself an AP.....but that won't work....at least you live in WA and not in CA...I feel soooooooooooo gypped by that So Cal/Nor Cal rule.....LOL

Molly it's too bad you can't use his address to get yourself an AP.....but that won't work....at least you live in WA and not in CA...I feel soooooooooooo gypped by that So Cal/Nor Cal rule.....LOL

Oh I understand. Even though I've now lived more than half my life OUT of San Jose, sometimes I can think of what it would feel like, to be in the same state but not get the same perks.

Yay, more sympathy for my (piddly) plight!

Can you imagine the social problems he'll have, going off to Duke (b/c that's sis in law and brother's alma mater) at 7? He doesn't even know his SS number yet! Guess I'd better put that on the list of things to teach him in the year after my info becomes completely outdated and I have to slink away from here.

Sherry, much like I tell my brother (in my head, b/c no one tells my brother anything lest they get a blank stare, then 3 months later he has a brand new idea that matches what you said earlier, anyway), if you CAN get the payments on an AP, golly why not? There's no interest, is there? (if there is, my enthusiasm wanes a slight bit)

:rotfl:

I didn't know my SS until I got to junior college!

No interest for the AP payment plan. But I was wondering if you can put more down than the price of 1 day ticket? :confused3

I'm sorry about the no-AP-ness. I've been without an AP for 4 months and it's a lousy feeling. :sad2:

Yeah, as I typed it I thought "BEING a freshman in college is what taught me my SSN", but I left it b/c it was amusing. IMO. :)

I feel your pain. My AP is set to expire January 3, we're too busy at our business (thank goodness in this economy) and I don't get any more PL until April, so there will be no more trips for me. :sad: Bummer for all of us...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter