My Disney Christmas PTR

Hi, hope you have alovely time we loved everything about the Christmas season Santa was lovely he really makes time to talk to each child and you did not feel rushed at all, the tree lighting was lovely it really brought a tear to my eye. and when the snow fell down mainstreet although you may of had enough of the snow by then as we have just got it in Poole lol. We never got to go ice skating as it was always closed as it was too wet my dh was gutted it was one of the things he wanted to do.
have a real magical time:wizard:princess:

just read your thread that the airport is shut i really hope it all turns out ok for you. sending you magical thoughts that everything goes well:wizard:

Quick update, the airport is open, the flight looks as though it is still on, but MIL called to say that her Mum is not good, she hasn't packed yet and I have a feeling she was hoping the flight would be cancelled. So, still don't really know what's going on, better finish the packing even so...!

Saw your post on the other thread, I am truly gutted for you! :( :( can't believe it.
Is there any chance you can get there?

If you were following this PTR last year you will know that it never quite made it to being a TR, but I'm hoping to change all that in 3 weeks time!

The cast remains the same - albeit a year older! :rolleyes:

The venue is to be the Sequoia Lodge

The dates are 16th - 18th November

We are all hoping that the snow stays away this year so we get our Disney Christmas Magic! :santa:

Sadly, IASW will be closed, so will Casey Jnr, LPDCDF, Art of Animation and the Tree House. I haven't told DD about IASW yet..... :scared1: (Any tips?)

Our Top To Do List has changed slightly...

:santa: Meet Pluto (MIL)
:santa: Meet Mulan (DD)
:santa: Santa & his grotto
:santa: Tree Lighting
:santa: Fantillusion
:santa: Winter Wonderland

I have had a few thoughts on meals ;) and the list so far looks like this...

Wednesday lunch - Blue Lagoon (1st time!)
Wednesday evening - Inventions
Thursday lunch - Auberge
Thursday evening - Cafe Mickey
Friday - character breakfast

Not sure about food on Friday as I'm planning a Studios day so maybe just a snack and then get a late lunch in Walts after Stars & Cars parade.

Last year MIL wasn't able to be that involved in the planning as her mum was very ill. Sadly, since then, she passed away. I am hoping this time we can share the planning and the excitement that goes with it! I got her the Brit Guide to DLP for her birthday this year and we have been looking at the restaurant review threads together. She's currently on a 3 week cruise but when she gets back I hope she's ready to plan!!! :surfweb:

I have got a couple of bits ready for the trip...

I got the adults one in red for me too - they didn't do a pink one!!

After the disappointment of last year, I am struggling to reach my usual levels of excitement. I'm sure that will change once we get past Halloween and Bonfire night though right? I've been busy moving house and organising DD's 5th birthday party too, so hopefully I will have more time now to get planning!

I hope you will join me and watch the excitement levels rise as the ticker counts down to zero....

I've been doing extensive weather research, as I arrive on the 18th, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of anything remotely like the snow last winter. This could of course change, so from now on I've got one eye on my countdown ticker and one eye on the weather.

I hope you have much better luck this year!

I've been doing extensive weather research, as I arrive on the 18th, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of anything remotely like the snow last winter. This could of course change, so from now on I've got one eye on my countdown ticker and one eye on the weather.

I hope you have much better luck this year!

There better not be any snow on the 18th :eek:

Last year was early enough when it started on the 27th of November

Thanks guys! :goodvibes

I gave Isabelle her hat this weekend - here's a photo of her wearing it - and her Grandparents, just back from their cruise!

Hi

Love the hat, Isabelle looks great in it. Where is it from and did they have boys ones?......?...? Joe would love that...

Fingers crossed the only snow you get is the fake stuff on main street.:laughing:

We have relented and booked a winter trip, end of November, really hoping Edinburgh is not snowed in again like last year.

Wendy x

Thanks Wendy!

Hat is from Disney Store and yes they do plain red ones! :thumbsup2

Let's hope we both get our Disney Christmas magic without extreme winter weather chaos this year!! :wizard:

I did Isabelle's countdown chart today as we only have 15 more sleeps to go!!!!!!! :banana: :santa: :banana: :santa: :banana:

I used all our suitcases when we moved house recently though so before I can start packing I will have to finish unpacking! :rolleyes:

I'm keeping everything crossed for you too! The hat's are so cute :cloud9:

I'll be watching your posts like a hawk, can't wait for the trip report :santa:

Loving your PTR :goodvibes we love going near christmas time, it's so magical! Fingers crossed for next year! Hope you have a fab time :santa:

Awww I love Isabelle's hat!!

Fingers crossed everything goes to plan this time around!! :hug:

Thanks guys! :hug:

Did I mention that it's 2 weeks today...?!!! :woohoo:

Wow. 2 weeks, so exciting....

Thanks for letting me know where you got the hat, ordered a red one for Joe tonight. He doesn't know we are going so might just give him it the day before and ask where he would like to go to wear it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter