"My Disney Experience" Free Apple iTunes App, August 2, 2012. Anyone else download it

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
"My Disney Experience" Free Apple iTunes App, August 2, 2012. Anyone else download it?

I just recently came into the modern age and bought a used Apple iPod iTouch 2nd Generation.

I am still playing around with it.

This is the first Walt Disney Would App that I have seen offered by the Disney Company.

It looks like now that Magic Kingdom, and soon the rest of the WDW Parks, is offering free WiFi service.

I think that I have heard that it looks a lot better on a larger iPad screen.

I can see Park Maps and Park Hours and Wait Times thus far.

I see that you can also make Dining Reservations, too.

I like some other Apps that I have bought also.

Any tips from those more experienced than myself?

How does it compare to the other Disney Apps as far as Maps and Wait Times and Information in general that might help while planning and at the parks?

I don't know if it is allowed, but here is a basic link to a page about the "My Disney Experience" Free Apple iTunes App below:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-disney-experience-walt/id547436543?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

RaySharpton

I think it looks great. I downloaded it last night after the parks were closed. I was going to play around with it more today. It will be interesting to use it on our next trip and to compare to other 3rd party aps.

Thank You! So much better than Mobile Magic since we don't have Verizon :goodvibes

Thank You! So much better than Mobile Magic since we don't have Verizon :goodvibes

Mobile Magic is no longer Verizon specific.

I did download and play with this a little last night. I think it will be great when we're at the park. It looked really nice on my iPad, though, who's going to carry THAT around the park.

If they can get park WiFi working better than resort, this will be great.
It's definitely looking better than Mobile Magic, but is missing restaurant menus.

So far, I like it. I agree that it would be nice to have a "menu" choice under the dining options. I do like that you can click on an attraction and the wait time pops up first, followed by the FP return time. I cant wait to see what the "here and now" button will display when we are there.

I read a nice review of it this morning... hopefully we'll be able to link it to nextgen fastpass!!! I think I'll be "borrowing" my daughter's Ipod touch!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update on this...for some reason I thought it wasn't available yet. I just now downloaded it and I am off to go play around. We leave for Disney in a little over 3 weeks and I can't wait to see how it works out when we are there :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter