My Disney hating DH is turning around!

TAKitty

<font color=green>I will make it work with the one
We own DVC for me. :goodvibes. Dh admited that he doesn't like Disney, he has had enough of Disney, and it is all fake etc. Boy have things changed for him! :rotfl:

July 2006: Our first stay together as DVC members was in a one bedroom in July and Dh said that it would be awhile until we returned again. :confused: As we were driving home from the airport our DS asked when we were going back. A couple of days later Dh says that maybe we can go in Oct. and take his mother who has never been to WDW.

January 2007....Oct. didn't work so we headed back in Jan this time a two bedroom. Dh says again that this time we won't be back until 2008 :sad2: . I think he is serious this time. Well I was driving home from work and Dh calls and says that maybe we could head back in Oct. I ask if it is Oct 07 or 08. He says 07--this October! :banana:

I couldn't believe the things my Dh has been saying about Disney. "It is a great place for us to relax and forget about the demands of life." "The food is wonderful". "It can be so educational." "It is so nice not to have to worry about driving." etc. He is even starting to make plans for where we will eat on our next trip! This is so not my Dh!!

So if you have a Disney "hating" Dh, he could change as well! I never thought I would see the day. Now I don't think he will love it as much as me, but it is a start!

I wholeheartedly agree. I had been looking into DVC for a few years. Couldn't really afford it, etc, etc. DH and I took a no-kid trip for Food & Wine Fest in October 2005. There was a card in our room at WL for $200 just to take the DVC tour. Hmm, "Hey Honey, how about we do this?" "I have seen the rooms online and I would really like to see them in person" Off we went. On the way, I told him we were just looking, we didn't need to sign any papers. Fast forward and hour or so, and we are the proud owners of 160 points. Woo Hoo :cool1: :cool1:
Although, due to his work contraints, he doesn't travel there as much as I do. We took friends in Oct 2006 and enjoyed a 2-bedroom villa at the Beach Club. Even her Disney-hating DH said "This is the best trip to Disney we have ever had"

Yaaaayy!:banana: :banana: :banana: Another convert. It will not be long before he is posting trip reports on the DIS.:surfweb: :lmao: DH's are slow to warm to things, but once they do, they are more loyal than even we are. It doesn't hurt that we are always doing a Disney mind-meld on them:headache: with our subliminal messages, sad faces, and silent (or not-so-silent) obsession. They also just love to see us happy.:goodvibes :love:

I am so happy for you. Your trips will be better and better because now you are both caught up in the magic!!!:cloud9:

I think it also have something to do with Disney not being a "masculine" thing to admit a liking too. My DH admits to me that he loves going but I doubt he's admiting his love for Disney to his friends over poker. I could be wrong with my observation, but it's my guess. It is a great place for families.

We are going to our home resort, Saratoga Springs in 42 days. My hubby also not a big Disney fan, I bought in without telling him until it was done. I really want him to enjoy our trip and change his negative attitude. We go to Disney area every March break but have only stayed in the FW cabins, on property. So I hope he will morph like yours did. Well I can always hope:thumbsup2

I have one of those husbands...We go to the Naples area every year and spend time in a condo on a golf course for a week. The third hole is right out of our door and it is my husband's Nirvana. I, too, really enjoy it but I purchased DVC with some inheritance money, knowing it will bring me and the kids, at least, years of happiness and great vacations. We just returned from 10 days in sunny Florida with a 3 day trip to BCV-my husband's first DVC stay. (The kids and I have done October visits for MNSSHP) I intended to put us at OKW so he could experience a stay similar to the golf condo and fall in love with DVC but decided to mix it up and do BCV and Stormalong Bay for the kids. Well, our 2 BR was fabulous-none of the issues I've read about with BCV-huge deck, tree-top view of Epcot fireworks and the weather was fantastic. Yes, my expectations were high for a turnaround in attitude! I started to get a bad feeling when we were going to head to SAB and my husband realized he had left his swimming trunks at the condo we were returning to after DVC. I said "no problem-they sell them at Marketplace" I knew they were going to be spendy but put on a smile. Well-I can't remember if they were $42 or $48-but ALOT and my husband said "it's okay, I won't swim. WHAT???? Not swim at SAB? We are a family who LOVES pools-we have one in our backyard-and I wanted him to love SAB-the sandy bottom, the bathtub-like temperature...He wasn't put out and yes, enjoyed himself beside the pool reading a good book-that's fine, he's on vacation, right? Well, then we head to Beaches and Cream for lunch and he glances at the menu outside. Then he says "$6 for a hotdog?" Now, don't get me wrong, my husband is not cheap; but not being a Disney lover he thinks everything is way overpriced and was just making a passing comment but that was it. All of my too-high expectations piled up on me. I actually started to cry in Beaches and Cream!!!:sad1: I didn't make a scene but I was just really sad that he wasn't seeing the joy this was bringing me and the kids and couldn't jump in...I wanted him to see that DVC was more than just the parks-it allows you to really relax and vacation the way we want to. Anyway, I know I set myself up for disappointment-a change in attitude is not going to happen in one 3 day visit. I am not opposed to just bringing the kids with me to Disney and taking along on trade-outs when we decide to do that. To the OP-you have given me some hope but I am not holding my breath.;)

I have one of those husbands...To the OP-you have given me some hope but I am not holding my breath.;)

I forgot to mention that Dh thinks that we go to Disney (five of us for under 1000!). I do the check in at the resort, so DH doesn't even know what things cost. Do the Dining plan! Dh doesn't blink an eye at prices because it is covered. We have a Disney visa that I use towards the plan. I get our tickets before we go so Dh has NO idea how much they cost. Since he is clueless about DVC, I know he believes we get a discount. I do always get cheap airfare (49 or 59 each way).

Finally, pack for Dh. I usually pack for mine and this year he forgot shorts and a couple of other things. If you don't pack for Dh, when he is not watching you could "check" his luggage.

We went 3 times together before DVC before Dh has "given in". Good Luck :wizard:

Lucky you. My DH hasn't turned around yet. So I go with friends and family while he stays at home taking care of the cats and dogs. Not a bad deal now that I think about it!

I'm still working on DW, and I don't know who's wearing who down.

Someone who is anti-Disney can really make the trip a drag. Although I'm not sure if she has been as much anti-Disney as much as anti-me at times.

She says she wants to use the money to buy furniture because it's m ore permanent -- but that argument doesn't fly anymore because we go through furniture pretty fast with 5 kids so it doesn't last as long as the memories do.

Anyway, she is actually (unadmittedly) LOOKING FORWARD to the next trip because I stacked EVERYTHING in my favor:

OKW -- which actually likes even though she rarely admits it.
GV -- I showed her the pics and she's impressed.
HER PARENTS -- the coup de grace

Now the only thing I need to do is CHILL :3dglasses and watch the fun. Maybe just maybe I'll hear those words: "When are we going back?"

We own DVC for me. :goodvibes. Dh admited that he doesn't like Disney, he has had enough of Disney, and it is all fake etc. Boy have things changed for him! :rotfl:

July 2006: Our first stay together as DVC members was in a one bedroom in July and Dh said that it would be awhile until we returned again. :confused: As we were driving home from the airport our DS asked when we were going back. A couple of days later Dh says that maybe we can go in Oct. and take his mother who has never been to WDW.

January 2007....Oct. didn't work so we headed back in Jan this time a two bedroom. Dh says again that this time we won't be back until 2008 :sad2: . I think he is serious this time. Well I was driving home from work and Dh calls and says that maybe we could head back in Oct. I ask if it is Oct 07 or 08. He says 07--this October! :banana:

I couldn't believe the things my Dh has been saying about Disney. "It is a great place for us to relax and forget about the demands of life." "The food is wonderful". "It can be so educational." "It is so nice not to have to worry about driving." etc. He is even starting to make plans for where we will eat on our next trip! This is so not my Dh!!

So if you have a Disney "hating" Dh, he could change as well! I never thought I would see the day. Now I don't think he will love it as much as me, but it is a start!

I could have written this. We joined DVC for me-DH has always been a "whatever you want to do" about it, he didn't even care enough to go on the DVC tour with me. But now, boy, what a change since we joined DVC! He proudly has his DVC luggage tag on his laptop, and is actually recommending DVC to others. And last year came something I never thought I'd see-DH bought an AP! And he's going to get his money's worth from it. I can't thank our ownership in DVC enough for the changes in DH where Disney's concerned.

Glad he is turning around. My DW doesn't have that problem with me.

My DH has totally turned around...now he's a total WDW lover. Now if I could only get him to consent to staying somewhere besides OKW & VB. I love OKW, but I would like to try BWV, BCV & VWL someday! I guess the thought of spending so many more points for a much smaller room makes him :sick: alas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter