my DS's proud day

joeokw

New Yorker Disney Lover
My 13 yo DS earned His Boy Scouts' Al Altrare Dei award.. the Boy Scouts of America Catholic award the means " at the Altar of God. The Boy Scouts of America also provides many of the main line Protestant denominations, as other evangelical churhes , as well as the Jewish faith, Mormons, Muslim, Buddhist, and Hindus chances to earn the equivalant awards in thier own faiths. As for my son he had to attend 3 hours of classroom each Sunday from November to April.. many of these taught by clergy or specially trained volunteererd people who helped them delve into many of the church treachings, faciltated many discussions of how Christ lived and how these boys can be more Christ- like. They also had to participate in many community projects which helped many differnent groups. he also had to to go on a religious retreat. He worked very hard for this award.
Today ( Sunday)
He was awarded his medal along with 800 other Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of the New York Archdiocese at a Mass at Saint Patricks Catherdral in New York City. Cardinal Egan the Cardinal of New York gave each scout his / or her medal. We were so thrilled!!!
Now a New York story.....
We decided to to go to Dinner to celebrtate at a nice restaurant in Little Itlay. We had no luck of finding a parking space, so we almost gave up, as we got in front of the place there was a space!!! .. but it was in a no Standing Zone.....so we decided to have my wife go in with her folks and my boys to get a table and I was left to scour for a parking space. As soon my wife entered the place.. she must have mentioned that I was desperate for a space so the waiter waved me to come in and gave us a table right next to the window and the front door so I can keep a look out for the traffic agents/ cops who may be by to give me a ticket. So we were enjoying our meal and lo and behold a traffic agent comes by... so I ran out to stop him writing up a summons and I said " wait, my family is coming out now" so he said ok just move the car.. So I get in the car and what did I see? the same waiter waving me to turn the corner and park in a space that was just vacated. I felt like a " Goodfella"
" type of guy.. having people find me parking spaces.. anyway I tipped the guy a extra 20 bucks.. it was cheaper than a 25 dollar parking fee or a 115.00 dollar fine.

Hey Joe - long time no see - Congrats to your son - and lol about the parking story:D

That waiter sure earned that tip. :)

Congratulations to your son. :)

Joe,
Please give your son my congratulations! I know how much work it requires to earn that badge! My son is finishing up work on his God and Church Award - we're Methodist.

Congratulations to your DS Joe!

Congratulations to your son Joe and also very nice to see a post from you. It's been a while.

John

Congratulations to your son, Joe!

thanks for the replies..yes it has benn awhile.. I have been very busy woking lotsa of OT I will be here more now

Congratulations. The BSA religious award is a great accomplishment. My DS (an eagle with five palms) has both the Ner Tamid and the Etz Chaim awards. I have been awarded the Shofar award (the adult Jewish scouting award).

Again, congratulations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter