My dues now due...

Richard Bruvofetc

Inane Merry Sag - Possunt Quia, Posse Videntur
I've just checked DVCMembers and my dues are now due. However, when I look at the amount requested it is less than I was expecting.

I have 150 points at SSR and last year theses were $4.12 per point. I believe that the "inflation" was approx 3% bringing this up to $4.24 per point. This would come to approx $636.

My account is showing $499.05. Does anybody have any ideas?

Richard

SSR annual dues are $4.21 per point for 2008, this includes estimated property taxes for the year.

It appears (looking at my annual dues statement online) that the 2008 annual dues bill includes a credit since the 2007 property taxes were much lower than expected. The estimated property taxes for 2007 were $1.0937 per point, while the actual taxes were only $0.2922 per point.

dues at BWV are $5.00 and a bit a point,
Paulh

Richard

SSR annual dues are $4.21 per point for 2008, this includes estimated property taxes for the year.

It appears (looking at my annual dues statement online) that the 2008 annual dues bill includes a credit since the 2007 property taxes were much lower than expected. The estimated property taxes for 2007 were $1.0937 per point, while the actual taxes were only $0.2922 per point.

Paul,

Many thanks. That's one hell of a mis-estimate. Accounts for about $120 on my 150 points. (Now to get the Chancellor to give me that type of refund on my income tax :lmao: )

I don't have any such credit on my annual dues statement for SSR. :confused3
Should I query that?

Going by this info
I am due a $240.45 credit on my 300 points. Does that sound right?

Another query here
On my annual dues breakdown it lists
2007 Actual Property tax as 1.0187 per point

not $0.2922

Anyone else too?

Managed to get on to DVCMembers (on 31st Dec it was finally up again). Apparantly I was overcharged about 90c in property tax, equating to $135.47.

Mystery over.

I don't have any such credit on my annual dues statement for SSR. :confused3
Should I query that?

Going by this info

I am due a $240.45 credit on my 300 points. Does that sound right?

Another query here
On my annual dues breakdown it lists
2007 Actual Property tax as 1.0187 per point

not $0.2922

Anyone else too?

Based on reports on the DVC Operations board, a credit of $0.075 per point does sound more realistic and inline with credits for other resorts. That said my dues are still showing a credit of $171.01 for my 220 points (pro-rated over 354 days). I suspect the annual dues online are in the process of being corrected, hopefully we will get the paper bill in the post soon.

I called DVC Members accounting and the woman told me the $25 credit was correct. Hummmm I hope I am not being swizzled :confused:

Based on reports on the DVC Operations board, a credit of $0.075 per point does sound more realistic and inline with credits for other resorts. That said my dues are still showing a credit of $171.01 for my 220 points (pro-rated over 354 days). I suspect the annual dues online are in the process of being corrected, hopefully we will get the paper bill in the post soon.

Are you new to DVC like myself? I had the pro-rated statement as well.

I called DVC Members accounting and the woman told me the $25 credit was correct. Hummmm I hope I am not being swizzled :confused:

Have you been a DVC member for more than 1 year?

Looking at the posts (and also the one's on the DVC Operations Boards) there appears to be a trend that the new members are getting a larger refund due to some error with the way the new members paid tax in the first place.:confused3

Are you new to DVC like myself? I had the pro-rated statement as well.

Have you been a DVC member for more than 1 year?

Looking at the posts (and also the one's on the DVC Operations Boards) there appears to be a trend that the new members are getting a larger refund due to some error with the way the new members paid tax in the first place.:confused3

I became a member on January 11th 2007 so my dues for 2007 were pro-rated over 354 days and were charged to my credit card in April after closing.

I also have just opened the annual dues statement that came in the post today and it also shows a $171.01 credit, same as DVCMember.com :confused3 I am not complaining, I can put it towards my AKV dues ;)

had the fortune to pre pay our dues when at $2.034 to £ on nationwide.Saving £17 so far at todays rate
Paulh

I paid mine the other day and took advantage of a $1.43 rate against the Euro. With the great exchange rate and the overpayment last year our rates are the lowest they've been since we joined :goodvibes

Got my statement in this morning no such luck with discount on my dues $810.50 and wait for this to be paid by 15th January.

recieved mine today bill was $1052.53, a discount of $18.75 to be subtracted for over payment of property tax.

Just this minute paid mine $499.05 - I was expecting $636, so I'm feeling very pleased.:cloud9:

It's approx. $4.21 per point you own. The property tax element is estimated.
If the actual property tax is less than the estimated last year you get a little rebate back. It's not actually a discount.

We paid $947.27 on 225 points and had a rebate back of $10.54 from last years property tax. Actually we have dipped in because they have only charged us for 365 days pro rated and 2008 has 366 days. (It's a leap year).
So all the girls can propose when they next visit DVC this year !! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter