My husband wants me to be fat- vent

Rafiki31

Mouseketeer
I have been on ww for a few weeks and it really seems like he is going out of his way to ruin my diet. I just got home from work, starving. There is a sicilian pepperoni pizza and mozzerella sticks. That is all I can smell and all want to do is cry. Let's see what should I have? Cold chicken from 3 days ago? The meal that he was supposed to make w/(93% lean ground beef) is still frozen. Thanks honey. Just worked 12 hours then drive an hour home, I am tired, hungry, and now depressed. I swear he wants me to stay fat. He denies it, but actions speak louder than words. He could have at least got a salad for me or something. Jerk.

I have been on ww for a few weeks and it really seems like he is going out of his way to ruin my diet. I just got home from work, starving. There is a sicilian pepperoni pizza and mozzerella sticks. That is all I can smell and all want to do is cry. Let's see what should I have? Cold chicken from 3 days ago? The meal that he was supposed to make w/(93% lean ground beef) is still frozen. Thanks honey. Just worked 12 hours then drive an hour home, I am tired, hungry, and now depressed. I swear he wants me to stay fat. He denies it, but actions speak louder than words. He could have at least got a salad for me or something. Jerk.

This is when I go into total, well screw you, I will prove you wrong and go on an even more strict diet and with more determination mode. He probably isn't thinking, men don't do that a lot, I am sure he was just trying to give you something yummy for dinner. WE just have to overlook what they do sometimes. :goodvibes

I recently put on like an extra ten pounds, mostly on my hips (thanks to BC-worst mistake ever). It's really bugging me because my underwear are tighter than normal, my jeans don't want to fasten, and it just feels gross to me. My bf on the other hand is like, but I like you this way, and other stuff. I just hate it. Sure, I can change his diet to what I eat and he looses weight, but I have to change what I normally eat and actually try. It feels like a loosing battle.

Run to McDonalds, grab a $1 side salad with balsamic, and have a small slice of pizza. Even though I have strict dietary restrictions, I promised myself that I'd never feel deprived. If I really want something, I'll eat it, but I'd fill up on veggies and have the treat in moderation. I don't think that there should be "bad " foods. I did, however, find that I no longer crave the junky food. The longer I'm away from it, the less I crave it. I now crave veggies- cannot get enough orange or watermelon :confused3

My husband did this to me and while he ate that lovely greasy burger I just nodded and made my OWN dinner that whooped his and was healthy to boot. I got some salmon and threw it in the oven, mixed lemon zest, herbs and spices and the smallest bit of 'I can't believe its not butter" and then put it on the warm fish then I got broccolini (his favorite vegetable) and carrots steamed. So, it was pretty low in calories and tasty. While he munched on fries and felt sick after I just gloated about my homemade dinner. :goodvibes Take that!

:hug: It's a tough road - I'm on it myself and starting back to work Monday after years at home. I've told DH that since he works from home he'll have to play a bigger role in meal prep. He's usually pretty good about it but fairly unimaginative as well. I'll have to do all the planning and shopping on the weekends with strict weekly instructions. I bought a month whiteboard so we can get kids schedules and meal plans on it.

I'm also going to try making a few points meals to freeze and keep on hand for evenings just like you've described. Tomorrow will be better...promise!

Don't give up! It is really hard for people who are not following a plan to understand that one meal really does matter. I keep plenty of greens on hand and make a huge salad, add some fresh squeezed lemon juice, a little EVOO, some coarse sea salt and and coarse black pepper and whatever meat I have left in the fridge. It is delicious and fast. I also may get a nice thick slice of store baked turkey from the specialty market in the center. I can add that if I have no protein already cooked.

DH doesn't understand why it is hard for women to lose weight. If he wants to he can. Your DH may think he is helping by producing a meal, any meal. You need a freezer stocked with easy to grab entrees for you and a crisper filled with salad greens, already cut carrots and celery, and another crisper with fruit. Single-serve yogurt. Eating something before you leave work would be a good idea. I'm with you. It's hard.

I have a suspicious, evil mind so I usually look for the negative in people:rotfl: Here's my theory..your diet is obviously working and it's making him feel a little insecure?

Does your DH need to lose weight too? He may be feeling guilty that he's not making the effort and you are. It's a subconscious thing - if he sabatoges your efforts then he won't feel so guilty about his own weight problem. If you succeed, he'll feel worse. On the other hand, if he's one of those people who can eat whatever he wants and has never had to watch his weight, then he has no idea what you're going through. He doesn't get it at all and doesn't see how bringing home a meal (any meal) should be a problem.

I've lost 67 lbs. over the past year on WW. I always make sure there's something in the house that I can eat. I make chicken or turkey on Sundays and have the leftovers for a few days. I also keep frozen dinners on hand and have one with a salad if there's nothing else made. No matter what the rest of the family is eating, I make sure there's something to keep me on track. Try to hand in there and don't let someone else's choice affect yours. :)

I have a totally different take on this.

You really can't maintain a healthy weight in the long term by starving and denying yourself.

I am 90 pounds lighter than I used to be. I totally quit dieting. I eat whatever I want whenever I want. BUT - I only eat when I am hungry and I stop when I am full. Even if that means I've only eaten 1/4 of a burger.

I've kept the weight off for over 10 years after fighting my weight for decades.

I refuse to eat Lean Cuisine, low fat cheese, etc. and try to avoid artificial sweeteners. I am post menopausal and don't really exercise very much so I don't have the whole metabolism working in my favor.

I try not to eat anything that comes in a cardboard box. I eat real food including dessert - homemade cookies, etc. You couldn't pay me to eat chicken nuggets - but I will have a piece of pizza.

I probably am a little too thin for my age. I am a size 6 vs the size 20 I used to be when I tried to diet.

OK so I'm new to WW, I have been doing it since November of last year. I actually started the week before Thanksgiving, not such a great plan.

Anyway, I would have eaten some pizza and just counted it as my bonus points for the week. Isn't that why we have bonus points so we aren't feeling deprived?

I also agree with others too in the fact that if you are out of bonus points for the week already you should be prepared with something you can fix quickly. My husband bought a food saver and I freeze individual serving sizes of leftovers using that. Then I just nuke it and call it dinner or lunch.

Also don't let yourself get so hungry next time. Start carrying snacks in your purse or in your desk so it's not so bad when you get home. I snack at 3:00 because if I don't by 5:00 it's very ugly and I'm likely to just grab anything in sight no matter what it is.

Hope you feel better. Also good job on your weight loss journey!

I went through this with my dh a few years ago. I lost the weight anyway! I know he wants me fat! But I am too depressed when I'm heavy and had to tell him so. The shoe is on the other foot now, he's trying to lose weight, around 60 lbs (he won't actually tell me how much). It would have been easier to do it with me! Anyway, I agree with other posters, don't let yourself starve, I take a piece of fruit (usually a banana) or a WW cheese stick (very tasty!) to work to eat around 4 pm. I also didn't deprive myself, I ate pizza just a whole lot less and less often. The only thing I gave up completely were my precious m&m's. They are like crack to me! Good luck!

I suggest, in the event that you really like pizza, eat a small slice or two. Then freeze the rest. I have done this, and it tastes fine thawed and re-heated. The key to losing weight is to not deprive yourself. A calorie is a calorie. And normally what is a so called low fat food, it is full of chemicals that you cannot even pronounce without a degree in organic chemistry.
Stay away from crap like that.... It is important too, to drink water. Sometimes, one might feel as though they are hungry, but in actuality they are thirsty. Nutritionists recommend drinking between 8 to 10 8 oz glasses of water a day, more if you are exercising like there is no tomorrow and or the weather is hot.

Keep up the good work..... and often men are thoughtless, and clueless. I think it has to do with testosterone.

Keep up the good work..... and often men are thoughtless, and clueless. I think it has to do with testosterone.
Oh, I'm sorry for interrupting, I heard all this clucking and though the fox had got in the henhouse or something. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter