My mom makes/made the best.............................

My mom was not a good cook at all. Convenience meals were her forte and unfortunately ate a lot of hamburger helper growing up. But she was a busy woman with raising my sister and I, being active duty in the Air Force and getting 4 college degrees. As much as I miss my mama, I can’t think of one thing she made that I miss.
My mom worked full time. My dad passed away when I was 9 so she was busy doing everything. And money was tight. She never understood hamburger helper. She could brown some hamburger, cook some noodles, and throw in some seasoning for half what Hamburger Helper cost.

My mom worked full time. My dad passed away when I was 9 so she was busy doing everything. And money was tight. She never understood hamburger helper. She could brown some hamburger, cook some noodles, and throw in some seasoning for half what Hamburger Helper cost.

Thats exactly what I say. Such a waste!

My mom was an amazing person and cook. I'd be a horrible daughter if I didn't give her a shout out here. She could go to a restaurant, like something, and then recreate it perfectly without ever looking for a recipe.
Pies, Italian food, prime rib and yorkshire pudding, coq au vin...
I could go on and on. People loved to eat at our house. There were no soup casseroles.

wait till ya all retire and have a afternoon happy hour or coffee doughnut morning group.......all moms made the best meatloaf, fried chicken and potato salad....which is unfortunate...because I pass on many a potato salad at neighborhood potlucks.

....and she made the best carrot/zucchini cake for the elk hunters when they took off for 9 nine days to hunt on the eastern border of Oregon.....this is her recipe and the only time she made the cake....one big pan for mankind....one tiny samples for her kids.....and once a year!!!!!
  • /4cup butter
  • 1cup packed brown sugar
  • 1can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
  • 1jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
  • 1box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow Cake Mix
  • Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
which explains why my siblings and I all have the same experience with commercial carrot cake.

Pot roast. I wish I would have learned how she made it. I haven’t had pot roast since she passed away.

Everything...everything seemed was so good. Her specialties were tacos, spanish rice, fried chicken, macaroni salad, and ribs. Once she lost her ability to cook after a brain aneurysm, she would tell my dad what to do and he ended up being a great cook himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter