My mother died today

Today would have been her 66 birthday. For some reason I thought she would live till her birthday. :'( Happy Birthday Mom! For those who pray and feel inclined please say a prayer for my mom Mary Frances today on her birthday.

I was very sad to read your post. Very nice of you to convert the garage. I can't imagine the grief you most be going through. I hope you manage to carry with you the spirit of your Mom. I am sorry you must soldier on without her.

Crying my eyes out for you so you can have a break. So, so sorry for your loss.
Thanks. I have never been one to cry. I never cry at all the things you are supposed to. Weddings, bad news, babies etc. Even when other loved ones have past I cried once or twice and then was just sad. I have cried more in the last two days than I have my entire life I think. It's so not like me. I'm crying right now.

I was very sad to read your post. Very nice of you to convert the garage. I can't imagine the grief you most be going through. I hope you manage to carry with you the spirit of your Mom. I am sorry you must soldier on without her.
Thank you. She always wanted to be independant. I wanted her to have her own little apartment. It's so sad to go out there now. I sit and imagine what it would have been like to have her there. We have a deck between the house and garage. I always imagined her sitting on the deck with my grown son and his friends sort of holding court LOL. My son and his friends loved her and drove five hours several times to visit her in hospice.

Thank you. She always wanted to be independant. I wanted her to have her own little apartment. It's so sad to go out there now. I sit and imagine what it would have been like to have her there. We have a deck between the house and garage. I always imagined her sitting on the deck with my grown son and his friends sort of holding court LOL. My son and his friends loved her and drove five hours several times to visit her in hospice.

That sounds like a lovely spot for her to sit on between the house and garage. I would be tempted to get a rocking chair and place a memorial plate on it. Who knows she may sit on that seat and watch over you all.

Hey Puck. I have NO idea who you are. But at times like these, that really doesn't matter. Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. And the circumstances you shared sounded to be a very touchy few years for your family. It's great that you had her for that extra time, but knowing that she was suffering took the shine of that time, I'm sure. Know that she is comfortable now, and even though you and your family are in great pain right now, hers has ended. My condolences.

Hey Puck. I have NO idea who you are. But at times like these, that really doesn't matter. Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. And the circumstances you shared sounded to be a very touchy few years for your family. It's great that you had her for that extra time, but knowing that she was suffering took the shine of that time, I'm sure. Know that she is comfortable now, and even though you and your family are in great pain right now, hers has ended. My condolences.
Thank you. It is a relief that she is no longer suffering.

I am so so sorry for your loss. Cancer is a horrible disease. I am taking care of my aunt who is suffering for a 2nd time with cancer. So sad for you - I will say a prayer for you!

I'm so sorry for your loss. My daddy passed away from cancer and October it will be 2 yrs. it is still so surreal. He was diagnosed in June and passed in October- he had a round of radiation which I think ultimately killed him. I miss him so very much it I don't feel I can talk about it with my brothers, husband, mom etc. because I don't want them to hurt more. I am a daddy's girl and it is just still so fresh.

Even though I don't personally know you or anyone on the DIS I feel this is somewhere you can come and vent, reflect, and remember.

all the best to you.

Thank you. I will say a prayer for you and your aunt.

Thank you so much for the prayers. The chemo didn't work for my aunt and it almost killed her so she is getting Immunotherapy. We are praying this works.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My daddy passed away from cancer and October it will be 2 yrs. it is still so surreal. He was diagnosed in June and passed in October- he had a round of radiation which I think ultimately killed him. I miss him so very much it I don't feel I can talk about it with my brothers, husband, mom etc. because I don't want them to hurt more. I am a daddy's girl and it is just still so fresh.

Even though I don't personally know you or anyone on the DIS I feel this is somewhere you can come and vent, reflect, and remember.

all the best to you.

I am so so sorry about your dad. It is so horrible watching someone close to you go through it. When my aunt was diagnosed with cancer, I felt like I got the diagnosis. She never married and doesn't have any kids - that is why we are so close. I said a prayer for you as well.

VERY VERY sorry for your loss. May her memory be with you forever.:rose: Take care of yourself in these very difficult days.:grouphug:

I am sorry for your loss. My mother has been gone 39 years. I remember the void her passing left.

Take care of yourself and allow yourself time to grieve. Prayers for the both of you.

I am just over 6 months losing my mother and step-father. I am so very sorry for your loss. Lots and lots of love going out to you..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter