My restaurant of the day - Le Cellier

SuiteDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Short Post Man cracks me up!<br
Le Cellier means the cellar (or basement where I live :) ) and it seems that you're eating in the cellar of a castle.

http://www.***********.com/19f7d0e60.jpg

http://www.***********.com/19f9d0e00.jpg

http://www.***********.com/19fcd0e00.jpg

My steak was cooked exactly the way I asked for it. :)

http://www.***********.com/19ffd0fb0.jpg

I have more Le Cellier pix HERE.

Great pictures!!! Thanks so much for posting.

Its funny, when you asked about posting these pictures I had hoped you would have some of Le Cellier because we plan to try it in December. I was wondering what it looked like. :D Looks good!

I have to say out of all the restaurants we had eaten at in Disney, this by far was my favorite. The food and service were excellent. The atmosphere was very relaxing. I would def. recommend it!

:smooth:

We've eaten here at least a dozen times over the years, and have never been disappointed. Thanks for the great photo's!

Anne

Thanks for posting the pictures! We've never eaten at Le Cellier but I want to!

Can't wait to get back to this restaurant. We tried it for the first time in June and LOVED this place! I can't believe we've overlooked it for years! Then again, it used to be a cafeteria-like, restaurant, didn't it?

Our service was spectacular and food even better! My mouth is watering now--gee, thanks--it's only early morning!

Tess--It was cafeteria style until around 1997 or 1998. But even when it was cafeteria style it was still good food, and exceptionally friendly CM's. IMHO the overall freindliest in all of WDW :)

ca-flag.gif

Anne

Probably my favorite restaurant at DW. My husband would go there every day just to get the Northern Lights. I love their field greens side salad.

June

We tried Le Cellier for the first time last October and it has become our "must" for our upcoming trip.

We had a surf and turf with filet and lobster that was heaven. And yes we had cheddar cheese soup too, even the girls liked it. Had to fight them off of mine, though. I had a awesome dessert as I am a cheesecake freak, expresso cheesecake, was to die for. But I don't see it on their new menu and was waiting to have some again. This time I think I'm gonna try the mushroom filet, I've heard so many raving about it so I'll give it a shot. I have less than a month now til I can make my ps and I cannot wait to get there!

And yes I agree about the service, it was probably the best we had dinning last time. We've been to Niagara Falls in Canada and had great service there too.

DH and I love this restaurant, and looking at the pictures brings back wonderful memories. Can't wait to eat there again soon! Thanks so much for sharing!

THis is by far my favorite restaurant. I just love the food here! And the service is great, it is first on my list in Novemeber!
Aimee

I have a PS for Le Cellier in August and have read that the portions were quite large - looking at the photo, the plate looks a bit, well 'empty' really!

I Assume that the steak in the photo is the 14oz New York Strip steak with roasted Yukon potatoes, grape tomatoes, finished with shallot butter and red wine sauce ($24.99)

Had you already eaten the roast potatoes and the red wine sauce when you took the photo?

I'm worried now that I'm going to be paying a lot of $$ for a meal and then coming out and have to get something else to eat later in the evening :)

Yes, it was the strip steak and I took the picture before I touched it.

Once you have the Cheddar Cheese Soup, pretzel and sourdough bread and maybe even dessert, you'll probably be full. :)

THANKS for the pics! The rave reviews are also helpful. We have a PS for Oct. 2, out first night in the "magic". We have never eaten there - but now I CANT WAIT!!!

I have what I consider to be an average appetite, and have never left LeCellier empty. I've left comfortable, I've left stuffed like ten pounds of potatos into a five pound sack, but never empty :)

The plates there are large, so they can look empty when they're really not.

Anne

can anyone advise me as to where le cellier is.

Do you need to make PS arrangements - will be there early october

Le Cellier is in the Canadian pavillion at Epcot. You access it by walking down the path through the area meant to represent Victoria Gardens.

PS is strongly suggested, we have seen people turned away if they didn't have a PS. We've also heard them tell people there were no more PS's available for the entire day :eek: so I'd make them in advance before you go to WDW.

You'll love Le Cellier :)

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter