My stay at HIFS

coachv

Disney Veteran
Just got back from my 6 night stay at HIFS. Our kidsuite was the Edy's Ice Cream room. Nothing exciting but it was a really nice room. Everything there was 1st class. My only gripe was the dinner buffet in the restaurant. It was not that great. Breakfast was good. If you pull the sofa sleeper out it does take up a lot of room. The pool was super!!!! The service was 1st rate. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with kids under 13. It was super easy to get to the parks. It never took me more than 10 mins. to drive from the hotel and park. Real easy to come back to hotel and take breaks. We left our bathing suits and the hotel had them and our sending them to us. That is great service!!! I give the HIFS a 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Almost forgot one of the best things.... my original ressie was for $116, changed it right before we left for $99, and after I got there I talked to front desk lady and she offered a $89 rate. Can't beat that.

Thanks for the report, coachv. Going to HIFS in Oct., can't wait! I'm so happy to read all these positive posts. Several people have had questions about refillable mugs, did you see or hear anything about this?
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

>>I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with kids under 13. <<

Have to ask what makes this not a good hotel for over 13 year olds?
We are conisdering it for our trip but we have a near 14 year old.
Thankd

R4sons, I think it is just that the main pool area is geared up primarily for younger children. It doesn't mean older children don't enjoy it, it is just that the youngsters REALLY enjoy it! The Kidsuites may be a bit passe for a big 14-year-old, though.

Thanks for that info. We have 4 boys and finding a room on property is EXPENSIVE! We got HIFS for $116. We booked at CBR, but at HIFS we will save $180 per night since we can get one room here and have to reserve 2 rooms at CBR. We are doing MNSSHP so we dont care about any enights. We will miss ee but at $1000 savings I think we will get over it...VBG

I have another question though. My kids are 5,9,11 and 13. Is there another 2 bedroom suite that would be more appropriate for us? Looking at the site I didnt think I saw one other than the Kidsuites. A different hotel would be fine too as long as there are 2 bedrooms and it isnt over $150/night.

R4sons, they have a classic 2 bedroom suite too. It has 2 bedrooms with 2 queen beds, plus the parlor with the pull-out couch. All the prices I have seen, the classic is even cheaper. But you don't get the kids theme or the nintendo or video player in the 2nd bedroom (there is a tv). If you go to www.hifamilysuites.com it might have pictures, if not send away for information and the info has sketches of all their suites (that's what I have). It takes about 2 weeks to get it.

I have a 14 yr old who loved having a seperate room also loved family kareoke!! Someone reported they won pizza's at family bingo!! I loved the fact that nintendo 64 games were only $5. per 24 hrs. it kept everyone together in our room and saved a ton over the game room!!

I think this hotel is great for any age!! there are plenty of things to keep everyone entertained!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter