My stay at HIFS

Lisa123

Earning My Ears
We returned from our big WDW trip on Mothers Day! We had a great time but we tried to do way too much!! First of all let me say that all the super glowing reports of HIFS are a bit exaggerated. Yes it was nice! Our room was cramped- of course not as cramped as a regular hotel room, but the rooms are not really big. The bed in the master room does have storage underneath (thank goodness). There were 5 of us (2 adults, an 11,4,and 2 year old) and our luggage (one large bag a piece) was difficult to maneuver around. There is VERY little drawer space, so plan to live out of your luggage unless your stay is short. My 11 year old girl found out that she definitely does not want a bunk bed after sleeping on the top bunk. I was very difficult to climb up and down. They request that you be at least 6 before sleeping on the top bunk. The free breakfast buffet was great the first 2 days but then the main items repeat. So it was pancakes day 1, then french toast day 2, then pancakes again and so on. Same goes with the eggs and meat. Yes there was plenty of variety, but by the fourth day I was breakfast barred out! The food quality was ok but it was VERY crowded! No quiet meal here. I admit though that I don't like to eat in big crowds. The noise level was pretty high. We tried eating at different times (7:30, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00 am) but it was always crowded!
We didn't really have time to use many of the hotels amenities because we visited all 4 disney parks and Typhoon Lagoon. Let me just add too that this was our 4th trip to WDW and I can't believe how it has gone down. I saw trash in all 4 parks. You use to NEVER see any trash that wasn't quickly being scooped up. The ride operators were not always friendly either. I guess Disney has the same employment problems other places have, especially the service industry. I just think if you pay that much to visit a park, it should a least be clean. There was gum (old gum that had been there a while) on several rides, and alot of chipped paint especially in Toon Town in MK. Maybe i'm being too picky but I know it didn't use to be that way. One last gripe- the food inside the park was awful! DO NOT EAT at the Garden Grill inside the Land in EPCOT. The characters that visit are great but the food was cold and yucky. No wonder it was all you can eat- you wouldn't want to. The service was incredibly slow too. It shouldn't take 30 minutes to get your drinks. Fairly expensive too- $75 for the 5 of us. We saw all the same characters in the park too.
Now let me say something nice! SPLASH Mountain is still the best and Fast Pass makes it wonderful! The Rock and Roller coaster was great too! My 4 year old was upset that she was'nt tall enough to ride it. She rode Space Mountain several times to make up for it. She hated the Tower of Terror but my 11 year old liked it (me too, but not my husband). All in all we had fun! Next time we will slow down a little- but probably not.:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter