My thoughts on pros and cons of Second Seating

The pools may not be EMPTY but it is definitely not a prime time for swimming no matter what seating you have.

The pools were definitely not completely empty, but for us, they were very uncrowded, i.e. my kids could freely swim around. The Aquaduck was literally empty, and we could ride, get off, and get right back on. It was nice. We weren't able to take advantage of the "non-peak" time when we had main seating, so having second seating made all the difference for us in that regard.

We have early dining for our first cruise. My thought with my 6.5 year old was that since we are central time going to an 8:30pm show will be like going at 7:30 our time and it looks like they only last an hour (can someone confirm?) She falls asleep every night between 8:30 and 9 our time. So I'm thinking an earlier dinner followed by a show that she falls asleep at the end OR then will fall asleep in the room after made the most sense for us. Instead of falling asleep at a show and then never getting her to dinner. I think we just want to do first night show and Beauty and the Beast (on the dream.)

But I'm a newbie, so I guess I will have to see how it goes!

We always do the second dinner and I love it. This way, we’re not rushed on port days to get back for dinner. Also, we have time to shower & dress up for shows and photos before we eat. We can take pictures before eating, so I don’t have to worry about my kids accidentally getting food on their outfits before they take pictures. Also, there is so much to eat for breakfast and lunch, we’re rarely hungry until much later in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter