my unpopular opinion: the iPhone is overrated

When we first got smart phones, DH and I got Androids...specifically, the HTC One X. I had all of my music on an iPod touch, so I was always frustrated with the lack of portability. I mean, it makes sense since everything I couldn't move over was on iTunes. I had some friends insisting that I should be able to if I moved it into the cloud, but others who said it didn't matter since it was a square peg going to a round hole. I switched to an iPhone in 2016 and life was much happier for music. DH still swears by Androids. He shifted to Samsung, but he had three Galaxies during the course of me owning one iPhone and they all died prematurely. So, now he's on a Google Pixel and I'm on my second iPhone. At this point, I don't feel like there's any reason to shift away from Apple.

I hate iPhone. My son switched to the iPhone and I have no idea how to navigate that thing.

I started with a Nokia (that was such a good communication device!) and moved to an iPhone 6 eventually. I’m currently using a 14 PLUS only because the last version I bought is no longer supported.I do not like the planned obsolescence Apple has adopted as a business model I prefer to buy for many years of use and have no need for the latest stuff.

Im not a camera person, but I love the integration with my mac and macbook. And the best feature of all is applemaps, which I use more than anything else and find better than googlemaps or garmin

I have the iphone 15 and DH has the newest Samsung. Where Samsung knocks it out of the park is its zoom capability! There is no contest. It's amazing.

I wouldn't give you 2 cents for an iphone.Samsung only for me. My SIL has an iphone and she has nothing but trouble with hers.

I use Samsung and my kids have been trying to get me to switch to Apple for years. I don't get why?
Simplicity. It’s just easier when everyone is on the same platform when it comes to various services, messaging etc. Everything is integrated and you don’t have to find a workaround for the person who is on a different platform.

I have an even more controversial opinion. Cell phones are overrated. To hear people talk, it's like what did we ever do without em. HAHA. Oh paid about $15 bucks for a phone that lasted for life, about $20 a month for service and averaged about $20 or so for long distance. Now we pay up to $1500 for a phone that lasts 10 years, $120 a month for service. But long distance is free!!

I have an even more controversial opinion. Cell phones are overrated. To hear people talk, it's like what did we ever do without em. HAHA. Oh paid about $15 bucks for a phone that lasted for life, about $20 a month for service and averaged about $20 or so for long distance. Now we pay up to $1500 for a phone that lasts 10 years, $120 a month for service. But long distance is free!!

Man, what smart phone are you buying that lasts 10 years? I mean, it might still function, but software-wise, obsolesence happens way sooner than that.

My kids almost never use their cell phones to actually talk. That's so 2005.

I've never been a fan of Apple and it proprietary stuff.

I've almost always build my own PCs so when it came to smart phones I started with Android or Windows and stuck with it.
You sound very similar to my husband. He's a software engineer who builds computers and has always hated Apple's proprietary stuff. But a couple years ago, I needed a computer for a desk in my kitchen, and he suggested an iMac because it looks so much cleaner in an open space. That led to both of us and my daughter getting iPads. I get frustrated with my iMac at times, but I absolutely love my iPad. Now having both of these, I keep thinking I should get an iPhone next due to the integration; we have had Pixels and used Google Fi for years. I do love my Pixel phone and think it's more intuitive than my iPad.

I still have a regular laptop for work so I'm always switching back and forth between Windows and Mac - my husband says switching makes you "bilingual", which I always find amusing.

I know, right? Talking on the cell phone is so old school.
Yeah - I have no interest in talking to people on the phone.

Text me first - the only people i will answer for is the immediate family - and even they know to text first.

I have one person I know who still calls me and I just ignore it and then text them to see what they want.
Of course this is also a person who thinks its ok to just show up at my house on a Sunday afternoon uninvited so.....

The iPhone is a great device, with great interconnectivity. To accomplish this Apple tends to dumb things down and not give the flexibility and higher end tech available with Android. This is both a blessing and a curse. Depends what you are looking for.

I think they're all great but honestly, I wouldn't leave iPhone again. I like a lot of their features.

Man, what smart phone are you buying that lasts 10 years? I mean, it might still function, but software-wise, obsolesence happens way sooner than that.
My Nokia was still up to date when I switched to iPhone (birthday present). The man heard me arguing with AT&T about my plan and decided to get me a new one🤷🏽‍♀️
It was at least eight years old at the time.

I like my iPhone. I don't upgrade often. I have an SE, prefer the small screen, home button. Don't care much about the camera quality. I also have an iPad and a Mac desktop. There are choices out there for everyone, I don't really care what others are using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter