• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name a band that transcends beyond merely "liking them"

Duran Duran. (although their performance at the Queen’s jubilee was tough to watch … hard to follow Andrea Bochelli.)

I’ve followed them since 1984. Rio is still my favorite, followed by 2005’s Astronaut. Was very happy they finally are going in RNR HOF. 40 years and still creating new music, much deserved in my eyes.
Omg… I’m a OG Duranie, too. Loved them since 1981. Planet Earth and Girls on Film still get my heart pumping and I still have the original-release debut album Duran Duran on vinyl, before they replaced To the Shore with Please, Please Tell Me Now, & re-released it.😭

Their 2003 reunion tour was sick! It was the first time I’d been to one of their shows in over 15 years. It was in a fairly small venue (capacity < 1500) and it was general admission… I was on forearm crutches, (after spending the previous nearly 2 years in a powerchair full-time) Security pulled anyone they saw with a disability out of the line and we were directed to enter ahead of the “pack”, so we could enter safely, and not risk being bumped, tripped, or trampled. They led us right up to the area nearest the stage, and sat us in a section that was set up with chairs. Once the show began, and everyone started to press forward toward the stage, my husband helped me get right up to the barrier, and then stood behind me, with his arms under mine, and held me up for over 2.5 hours so I could scream and lust after a bunch of other men… (ok, mostly Nick and Simon. I was only about 15 feet from Nick… and he winked right at me! Simon touched my outstretched hand, too. I totally thought I’d die. I felt like a 13-year-old teenybopper again 🤣.) I am absolutely married to the best man ever! Of course, he’ll tell you it was self-serving because he knew who I was going home with, after all. 😉😈

Astronaut came out a couple years later, and I 😍 loved 🥰 it!

I am currently digging their newest album, Future Past, released in January. I think it is some of their best work… They are all still quite handsome, too. No way Simon looks like he’s 63… no way any of them look like they look like they’re in their 60’s!

RRHOF is long overdue! Given their influence over music trends in the 80’s. They innovated so many things with regard to synthesizer use (including sampling) as well as music videos, such as filming on location (and they went big— Rio, Save a Prayer, Hungry Like the Wolf, & Union of the Snake to name a few).
They were as influential in their heyday as the Beatles were in theirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter