Narcoossee's w/ kids?

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
I would like to eat at Narcoossee's this coming trip along with my DS 7 & 5. Has anyone ever dined there with boys this age. I have about a 60 minute window before the misbehaving starts. Any thoughts?? What is the best to eat there???

We've eaten there with our children and the youngest they've been there was 3 1/2 and 8 months. They've been back two times since then and LOVE eating there. We usually grab one of the first PS times, since it's easier for us to eat early before they begin getting tired. My kids are used to eating out, we go out at least once a week, so we can usually get 1 1/2 hours out of them no problem. I'd suggest making an earlier PS time, like 5:30 or 6:00, so you can be in/out faster. There are less people in at that time, so you get your food slightly faster. If you are truly trying to keep it under an hour, you'll be hardpressed at Narcoossee's, unless you're only ordering entrees. We usually order an appetizer, main course, and then dessert and are usually there for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It is a leisurely meal, but children are welcomed and ours definately enjoy it!!!!

Yep, I think you'd be in trouble if your "window" :) is only 60 minutes --> and adding insult to injury, Narcoosee's isn't exactly a cheap meal to be rushed through. If you have your heart set on it, I'd advise looking into the (much beloved) kid care options.

We did it with our four and five year old. Dinner took about an hour and a half, and they were fine. The nice thing about dining out at Disney is that the kids are usually too tired to make much of a scene (unless my husband decided to pick a fight with my daughter - at home she needs to eat properly to get dessert - which will usually set off a tantrum - at Disney I'd rather avoid the tantrum. A week of eating grapes, strawberries, chicken fingers and ice cream won't kill her).

The nice thing about Narcoosee's with kids is its a pretty noisy restaurant. If misbehaving is loud voices and poking at each other, you will be fine. (If its throwing food and running around the restaurant, you need to continue to dine at Cosmic Rays for a few more years).

You can "rush" your meal a little if you decide what you want before you are seated, order all your courses at once, and clue your server in.

The squash and crab soup is great. The steak was good.

wow, I was going to answer this, having just dined there with kids, but crisi said *exactly* what I was going to! (all the way from not picking fights with dd and letting her eat whatever she wants, to what types of misbehavior might slide by there, to clueing in your server as to your timeframe.)
Here at home, I have some friends who actually order their meals ahead of time by phone, so there is little to no wait and they can stay under the magic 60 minutes. You might call ahead and ask if that is possible.
Also, the tables are pretty big, you could keep them separated if need be, LOL!

edited to add, try buying (or bringing) a new toy or book, stickers, coloring book, gameboy game, whatever they would like that will only be pulled out that night at Narcoosees. Don't bust it out until you need it though, and just make sure to have two. :teeth:

My kids do NOT throw food, they just get tired of sitting around and start whining. We are staying at the GF in the RPC so we might skip dessert. I have squeezed 90 minutes out of them without any problems as long as I give them something to color or read. Thanks, sounds like a go for a 6:00 PS.

This is our favorite Disney restaurant. We have taken our kids twice. They were 1 &2 the first time and 3&4 the second. This last time we decided to put them into the Mickey Mouse Club at the GF. THEY LOVED IT!!! They have computers and movies and crafts and they also get to pick a "happy meal" type meal. They asked every night after if they could go back. I wish now I had booked it for more than one night! They were 4&5 this trip.

Taking your kids to Narcoosees is no problem. Taking them to the "Club" is also a good choice. You could enjoy a leisurely meal with your spouse and the kids would have a blast! The club is located just steps away from Narcoosees.

Either way, enjoy your meal. I dont think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. I wish I was there now.:earsgirl:

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter