National Car June rates down this am

ctkmom3kidz

Earning My Ears
I had a EI reservation for 6/17-6/24 with a base rate of $ 211.98 per week. I tried this am (I try every am) to get a lower rate, and my persistance has paid off the base rate went down to $ 146.98.
To get this rate I put in the EC Club code and the $15.oo entertainment coupon. Then I got the $146 rate but only a 10% discount with the EC code. I changed the code to the DC code and got a 20% discount. The DC code seems to give a 20 % discount on any rental-I've done ones for CA and CT. SO .... my total rental for a FS car including all taxes is $ 141.79 for a week. I am thrilled I've saved $60 on the same rental !!
Maureen

Honeymoon 10/82
Wyndam Palace 3/91
Dixie Landings 3/91
Swan 7/91
Wyndam Palace 3/95
Disneyland 3/98
Magic Cruise 5/00
Poly Concerige 6/00
Swan 12/00 including New Years
Dolphin 3/01
Dolphin 6/01
Magic Cruise 6/02

I also got a great rate but I used priceline. I got Budget mini-van for 7 days in Aug. for $210.85. This includes all taxes, fees, and surcharges. I was skeptical of priceline but the other rates all seemed so high. I hope they are what they say they are. :cool:

'75 off-site
'84 D.D.
'89 off-site
'96 CBR
'97 off-site
'99 Poly
next trip 8/01 at Beach Club

I just re-checked National for my upcoming May trip and the base rate had also dropped (A LOT - like $75 a week), so we canceled our Hertz reservations and we're now going with National.

I'm using two National discounts: one is the CDP# from the packet of coupons sent out to former MKC members last year (I think it's equivalent to DC discount, but you have to have the coupon to use it) and the other is the coupon code from the Disney site, which I have up on Mouse Savers. With those and the base rate reduction, the final rate with taxes is $130.62 for the week. That's for an intermediate with the Emerald Aisle option!

What a deal. Thanks for the heads up

Sheryl, I'm not Maureen but I think I can explain this using my own rental as an example:

Base rate = $149.98
CDP# discount = $30.00
Coupon discount = $25.00
Subtotal $94.98
Taxes & fees = $35.64
Total due = $130.62

If I had just punched in my Emerald Club number and made a reservation without using a different CDP# and the coupon, I would have paid the $149.98 base rate PLUS TAXES & FEES. Quite a savings!

July Rates are still high - :(

"I believe the fun is building something, in bringing new things to life. We never do the same thing twice. After we've finished a job, we head in a new direction. We're always opening new doors".

Walt Disney

My base rate waas $146.96 for the week, I got a 20 % discount for using my DC discount or $29.39 off and used the $15.00 off coupon from my entertainment book to bring the subtotal to $102.57. Taxes and surcharges brought the total estimate to $141.79 !!!
Maureen

Honeymoon 10/82
Wyndam Palace 3/91
Dixie Landings 3/91
Swan 7/91
Wyndam Palace 3/95
Disneyland 3/98
Magic Cruise 5/00
Poly Concerige 6/00
Swan 12/00 including New Years
Dolphin 3/01
Dolphin 6/01
Magic Cruise 6/02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter