Natural Products Expo Cancelled

We're going the 7-11 and I see there are rooms open again at our hotel. I don't know remember what the room price was though because I booked it as a package. I'll have to call and find out!!

Orange County CA has a confirmed case and declared a health emergency. If your employer sends you into that for a mandatory work event and you get very sick and/or die, it's not very hard for a lawyer to draw a line between their actions (sending you into a health emergency) and your illness/death.

It has been reported prior to this that the emergency declared is to access funding and not due to there actually being a significant health risk in the area. I believe many municipalities are going forward with this approach. Most employers are not sending their employees to South Korea, Italy, Iran and China right now as there are travel advisories for those areas. There is no such advisory for anywhere in North America at this time.

I am sure many of these employers would flat out admit that this is an over reaction but considering the wave of panic that everyone is caught up in they likely feel that if everyone else is doing it then they better too.

Keep in mind...the show was canceled due to so many exhibitors pulling out and telling employees to not travel to cover their butts in an abundance of caution and reduction of liability, not health officials concerned about a concentration of people at the convention center.
It is complicated, but we have a customer at our office this week from a mineral processing plant in NM. They have canceled all travel for staff as of yesterday. But he came here Sunday. He said they try hard to have a "safety culture" around their company. And that is what caused the travel ban. So for some it is more than covering their butts, but doing their level best to follow important values in the company.

I asked him the relative safety risk of him flying in an airplane (they do have accidents sometimes), driving to the airport (probably a greater chance of an accident than aircraft) and coronavirus - and which risk was greatest. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

Omg my parents are the same way!! 😂 my mom said to stay away or wear a mask. And my dad is telling me to take vitamin c
Same with mine! They were trying to back out of our planned trip in April. I told them DH and I are going regardless. Then my Dad suggested they will go, but will probably wear N95 respirators. Oh my gosh... I had to keep myself from laughing. I love my parents dearly, but it's just so much of an overreaction. Even if you wear a respirator or mask, are you never going to take it off to eat or drink? C'mon now...

I figured you would, but there are those like my mom who think if a state of emergency has been declared, everyone going there is going to catch it and die! She has already tried to forbid me from going mid-March using the state of emergency. Sorry, I'm 60 years old. I'm not worried about it. I stand a better chance of getting the flu, and I have had my shot....

My mom is already trying to get out of my bday trip to Disneyland because of this virus.,,, and it’s not until the end of April. 🤦‍♀️ I totally understand! Ha!

This thread makes me feel better. We have a random day off at our private school Thursday, and I really want to take my girls because if there is an outbreak, we probably won’t go. I was starting to feel like I shouldn’t because my sister and my SIL have both LOST THEIR MINDS over this, and they made me feel like I was crazy for going.

This thread makes me feel better. We have a random day off at our private school Thursday, and I really want to take my girls because if there is an outbreak, we probably won’t go. I was starting to feel like I shouldn’t because my sister and my SIL have both LOST THEIR MINDS over this, and they made me feel like I was crazy for going.
I would go. I went to Disneyland last Wednesday and on Friday I'm going to SeaWorld with my boys since my oldest also has a random day off. The baby and I did catch a cold at Disney though. :confused3

Wow. This is scary. Not the virus but the fact such over reactions are happening. Sorry I know it can kill people but more people died from a tornado yesterday in the U.S than have yet to die from this virus.

I agree though that for anyone going during this time, to check their hotel prices as this will free up a LOT of hotel rooms!
My guess is insurance actuaries are making these call for different businesses. While I think actuaries are overly conservative at times, I have never seen them overreact.

Some feel going to DLR is Crazy during the CV-19 situation. That's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Wash your hands, use sanitizer, hand wipes whatever.
We don't need to go 2017 crazy-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif over the situation.

Same with mine! They were trying to back out of our planned trip in April. I told them DH and I are going regardless. Then my Dad suggested they will go, but will probably wear N95 respirators. Oh my gosh... I had to keep myself from laughing. I love my parents dearly, but it's just so much of an overreaction. Even if you wear a respirator or mask, are you never going to take it off to eat or drink? C'mon now...
If they’re over 65 I get their concern!!

But I hope you told them N95 masks do not stop the virus as the particles are smaller than what an N95 can catch so they make their decision with all the information.

My mom is already trying to get out of my bday trip to Disneyland because of this virus.,,, and it’s not until the end of April. 🤦‍♀️ I totally understand! Ha!
If it’s refundable there’s no reason to be cancelling now 😂

I get older people’s cause for concern, I believe it’s warranted and wouldn’t dissuade them from cancelling- unless it’s 2 months away with no financial incentive to cancel right now. That makes no sense!

They bought a half a dozen packages of toilet paper at Costco this weekend didn’t they? 🤣

If it’s refundable there’s no reason to be cancelling now 😂

I get older people’s cause for concern, I believe it’s warranted and wouldn’t dissuade them from cancelling- unless it’s 2 months away with no financial incentive to cancel right now. That makes no sense!

My mom has been listening to my crazy sister. She also has minor lung issues and is over 65. So the death rate in her age group is higher. I get it, but it’s wayyyyy to early to talk about canceling.

There is officially 9 cases in my county in Northern California. I feel less at risk at Disneyland then going to the grocery store. Regardless, no one is this concerned over the flu which is strange to me.
We’re used to the flu and it has a much lower kill rate than this. Flu is 0.1%, this is now running 3.4% (and is much higher if you are 65+ and/or have health issues).

We’re used to the flu and it has a much lower kill rate than this. Flu is 0.1%, this is now running 3.4% (and is much higher if you are 65+ and/or have health issues).

I read yesterday the mortality rate is less than 1% if you’re under 50, 3.6% if you’re in your sixties and it just goes up from there, with it being almost always fatal if you’re 90 plus.

Google just cancelled their big developer conference in May. That’s following cancellations of GDC (Game Developer Conference) and Mobile World Congress. I expect more tech companies to follow suit including Apple in June.

Well it looks like our family might be rescheduling our trip next week. Not because of Coronavirus but because YDD just got diagnosed with influenza. With the nose swab test and all that. I’m waiting for her Tamiflu prescription to get filled now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter