Na'vi River Journey - EPIC Disappointment

Im pretty sure ANYONE in the standby line as no idea what they are waiting for, or they wouldn't be there. Its not even a hard fast pass to get day of.
That's helpful info, thanks.

We missed our FP+ for it two weeks ago. Then the day we tried to do RD we got there around 9:15 and the line was already 35 minutes. I refuse to wait over 15-20 minutes for any ride so we never got to ride it. No way would I wait 70 minutes for any ride, especially Navi. We did do FOP twice.

I don't do youtube and watch videos of any rides or lands beforehand. I like to be surprised. Thankfully I had read a few reviews on the boards and knew it was "just" a boat ride so I wasn't pressed to ride it. We also missed Frozen too. There's always next trip.
This is pretty much the way I approach things, too. Unfortunately, we planned to go in the other direction at RD so even if we did get there on time we wouldn't go to Na'Vi. But I guess there's time for me to rethink that.

We rode it once. It's worth seeing the shaman animatronic but that's about it. I would probably do it again if it was a walk on but I would not wait more than 5-10 minutes and I would not waste a FP on it.
Well, this is the dilemma- some people say they'd only do it with a FP, but do I want to spend a FP on it? I guess if we ran across one we could.

I also noted the comments about Peter Pan (which I've been on once many years ago and was underwhelmed) and Frozen. I have to stay off the rougher rides, so could ride Peter Pan while everyone else rides BTMRR. I guess I'd do Frozen while they're at TT. I just don't know whether I'd schedule everyone else to use a FP on that ride, thought they haven't been on it before.

Well, this is the dilemma- some people say they'd only do it with a FP, but do I want to spend a FP on it? I guess if we ran across one we could.

The ride has such a large capacity (and people are changing plans every second, up until the last minute), I was able to get FP+ for it while standing outside of the queue entrance and hitting reload on my phone until one came up (for a party of 3). I felt bad walking by all the people getting into the standby line in the middle of the day (not that bad though). Of course, if everyone uses this method of riding, it won't work so well anymore.

The ride has such a large capacity (and people are changing plans every second, up until the last minute), I was able to get FP+ for it while standing outside of the queue entrance and hitting reload on my phone until one came up (for a party of 3). I felt bad walking by all the people getting into the standby line in the middle of the day (not that bad though). Of course, if everyone uses this method of riding, it won't work so well anymore.
I haven't been to WDW for a few years, and I have to say that really knowing how to maximize FPs and other new programs is really quite an undertaking. I think your method is going to stay safe for a little while longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter