Need a good counter service for MGM

lagirl

Mouseketeer
I need suggestions on a good counter service in MGM. We'll be at Disney for 4 days and I don't want many Priority Seatings because I want to eat when we are ready and not because we "have" to. I'll be me, DH, DD (6), DS (3) and my mom. We eat anything.

Thanks in advance!

how about sunset ranch across from beauty and the beast? you have a selection of potatos, turkey legs, rosie's hot dogs and a fruit stand. or there is starring rolls near hollywood brown derby that serves sandwiches. there is pizza planet, but i am not sure about the food.:tongue:

We like the ABC Commissary. it has varity and we always eat there. Stir Fry sandwiches kids meals.

mgm is the difficult one to find quick and tasty food at!

with my 2 picky-eaters, i'd have to vote for toy story pizza planet! decent pizza and salads, fun theming and typical disney prices.

good luck!

Another vote for Pizza Planet. My DD loved the pizza, cheese only of course. And I enjoyed the salad.

We like Backlot Express for counter service. They have basic counter service fare, like hot dogs, chicken nuggets, burgers, but also grilled turkey, tuna croissant, and sesame chicken salad.

We also like Sunset Ranch by ToT and BatB. They have everything from McD's fries to burgers and chicken to pizza and ice cream to turkey legs. Plus they have a fruit stand and they also have soft pretzels there too!

Thanks for your suggestions. After taking your suggestions and looking at the menus I think Toy Story Pizza Planet will be the best one. My DS (3) Loves Woody and Buzz and will totally have a blast.

I read somewhere recently that Toy Story Pizza Planet was only open for Lunch. Is this true or is dinner also served?

In the summer it was open from 11 Am to 8 PM. I don't know about slower times of the year.

Loved their Middle Eastern wrap and their Cuban sandwich.

We liked ABC as well but stay away from the side dish of tomatoes - major major bucks....

:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter