Need a knockout (but easy) dessert recipe!

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
I was just told today to make a dessert for a party this Saturday. There will be anywhere from 12-20 people. No allergies or food preferences. I would love to make something fun, easy and holiday related.

Thanks for all your help!

A recipe would be very helpful!

My suggestion is red velvet cake. But instead of messing with layers, I bake it in a bundt pan. Cream cheese frosting and red/green sugar.

I was just told today to make a dessert for a party this Saturday. There will be anywhere from 12-20 people. No allergies or food preferences. I would love to make something fun, easy and holiday related.

Ok.... how about buy some:

brownies
peppermint schnaps
cool whip
red and white mints (like you get in restaurants)
chocolate syrup

Soak the brownies in a little peppermint schnaps, then layer a nice bowl with the brownies, some chocolate syrup cool whip and the mints (smack them with a rolling pin first so they are chunked up) and repeat. You can call it a.... Mint Hot Chocolate.

Or do this - Super easy, and its a croud pleaser!

Make some brownies in a shallow pan. Take a 1.5 inch biscuit cutter and cut out circles. Then, whip up some creamcheese frosting (1 packet cream cheese, 1 stick unsalted butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla). Pipe some of the frosting on the top of the brownie. Cut the top off a strawberry and put it on there. Then put a little cream cheese frosting ball on top, and you have Santa Hats!

strub.jpg

How about a truffle?

Use 2 angel food cakes, strawberries, vanilla pudding, whipped cream and just layer each of these in a truffle bowl, ending with the whipped cream on top.

Besides being easy, it's pretty! :cool1:

TC :cool1:

How about a truffle?

Use 2 angel food cakes, strawberries, vanilla pudding, whipped cream and just layer each of these in a truffle bowl, ending with the whipped cream on top.

Besides being easy, it's pretty! :cool1:

TC :cool1:

Not for nothing, I think you mean trifle.

Truffle is a small ball of chocolate. :) :hug:

Ok.... how about buy some:

Or do this - Super easy, and its a croud pleaser!

Make some brownies in a shallow pan. Take a 1.5 inch biscuit cutter and cut out circles. Then, whip up some creamcheese frosting (1 packet cream cheese, 1 stick unsalted butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla). Pipe some of the frosting on the top of the brownie. Cut the top off a strawberry and put it on there. Then put a little cream cheese frosting ball on top, and you have Santa Hats!

strub.jpg

Those Santa Brownies are adorable!!! May have to make some for the grands this year.

get a few of the graham cracker pie crusts......or the little individual ones..

for one pie..
one can of sweetened condensed milk.
one pkg of cream cheese...
one third cup of lemon juice
a teaspoon of vanilla.

use cream cheese that is softened..
whip with electric beater...
add the sweetened condensed milk.
and whip ...until mixed..
add the lemon juice and whip some more..
(not long really ...just until it is mixed together)
add vanilla n pour in the shells..or pie crusts.

double this recipe and you could have a good amount..
Refridge for three or so hours
on top use a can of some of your favorite pie fruits..
like blueberry, or cherry...I love those two..

have fun

Those Santa Brownies are adorable!!! May have to make some for the grands this year.
Yes, they are very cute! I made brownies in the small muffin pan and topped them with cream cheese icing when they were cool. I may just do the same thing and put a strawberry on top like this. So cute, and very easy!:santa:

I also made some mini fruit cups too. I took the mini muffin pan, used mini liners and put a little sugar cookie dough in each one. Bake and let cool. When they cool down it will form a little cup. Fill with a mixture (marshmallow cream & cream cheese mixed together) and top with a little fruit. I used a canned mandarin orange and a fresh blue berry on each one, but you could also use a strawberry like other poster did, or any other fruit that you like. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. YUMMY!!

Both are great for parties!!

Fried Pies

Ingredients

Powdered Sugar
Bisucits (I use Pillsbury Grand) 1 Biscuit per person
Comstock Pie Filling, Jello Puddinge etc. (apple, oeach, cherry, chocolate, any flavor filling you like)
Shortening
flour for surface
water

Roll out biscuits flat. Layer between wax paper and put in fridge

Heat Shortening in skillet (iron is preferable). Place filling in 1/3rd ffrom center of rolled flat biscuit. Fold over and make sure there is no air inside. Use water along edge of biscuit and seal in the filling. (Think of your Hostess Fruit Pie at the market). Fry until golden brown on each side. You can dust with powdered sugar or serve with Vanilla ice cream.

This is messy. Flour, frying etc. But the savory flavor of a fried biscuit with the sweetness of the fruit or pudding center is over the top. They will rave. Serve then right off the fry if you can. They are much better warm.

This is one of the food of love things. It isnt hard, but if you have 20 people, that is 20 individual pies.

They will rave.

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese
1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 pkgs. (8 oz.) Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
1 cup Pie Filling

Preheat oven to 350. Beat Cream Cheese, Sugar & Extract together until smooth. Separate Crescent roll pieces and arrange on Large Round Stone with points to the outer edge of stone leaving a 5” opening in the center. Spread Cream Cheese mixture over dough. Top with Pie Filling. Fold points of dough over filling to the center. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Glaze:

¼ cup Powdered Sugar
1 tbls. Milk
Food Coloring

Mix together Powdered Sugar & milk . Add food coloring if desired. Drizzle sugar mixture over cooled cake.

I did it green as a wreath and dropped red droplets like berries! This was the hit at the parties I brought it to. The filling we did was apple on one and cherries on the other but use your favorites. This is from pampered chef.

This is amazingly good. As in OMG good! Really. And, the best part is that it is ridiculously simple. People rave about this, and it is my most requested item. To make it "fancier" looking (believe me, it tastes very fancy), put some fresh raspberries and whipped cream on top.

Ingredients
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white sugar
18 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I use 3 cups Ghiradelli chocolate chips)
1 cup unsalted butter
6 eggs

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch round cake pan and set aside (I use parchment paper in the bottom to make it easy to release).
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
3. Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melt the bittersweet chocolate (microwave takes about 60-90 seconds). Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
6. Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.

The texture of this is like a truffle. This will easily serve 12-16 people. It is uber rich.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/turtle-pumpkin-pie-106961.aspx

It's as easy as can be. There isn't any baking involved. Just chillin in the fridge. Don't put the top layer of coolwhip, nuts, and caramel on the top until just before you serve it. Those that hate pumpkin pie will usually love this because it's a mild flavor and it's a smooth consistency.

Do you have recipe?

I'm not the one that posted the red Velvet suggestion, but you can buy red velvet cake mixes at the super. The recipe is on the box. Then you can frost it and then sprinkle some red and green decorative sugar crystals over the top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter