Need a new resort restaurant help!

butterflijoy

Earning My Ears
Okay, husband and I opted out of doing the dining plan for our food and wine trip since we want to enjoy dining around the world and it just doesn't seem to be worth it. We originally booked the dining plan and since have canceled it, but we still had reservations scheduled for a few places. We have TIW and were planning on eating at Ohana.We have a late night reservation there on a Saturday. He decided against it after reading some reviews, and honestly $40 a person is a lot when you aren't on the DDP. I know there are other nice restaurants that have meals less than that so he asked me to start looking around. Does anyone have any suggestions for a resort restaurant that would be less than $40 a plate that wouldn't be too hard to get a reservation for on a saturday night? We don't mind waiting for a table either since it will just be the two of us. We want to try something new. Oh and he has seafood allergies.

We already have reservations for Boma, and have been to the Wave, Kona Cafe, Whispering Canyons Cafe and Trails End.

Thanks!

I love Via Napoli for a good meal that doesn't break the bank! You will definitely need to try to get a reservation, though!

Yea, I've heard it was great. Looking for a resort restaurant as we won't be in the parks on the weekend.

Thanks! We are actually staying at POR! I never considered eating there! I'll look into it. As of right now, my husband thinks it would be fun to just take the boat from the resort to DTD and eat at the food trucks!

I think the food trucks plan sounds fun. If you get to DTD and decide it's not what you want, there are plenty of other options there, but might be busy on a Saturday night. But, you could even do Wolfgang Puck Express, Bongo's QS, or Earl of Sandwich if the wait for a TS restaurant is too long. Sometimes we just like to wing it and see what we are in the mood for at that particular moment.

We ate a few Saturday nights ago at DTD. It was a free for all meal for my family. We set up camp undercover at the tables in front of WPE on the west side. Those who got food from WPE and Splitsville were very happy. Those who ordered from the food trucks were a bit disappointed in the quantity and quality of food and we have experience in food truck food in NYC. Anyway, it ended up being an enjoyable evening just chilling at the table undercover while everyone went in search of their food and drink of choice.

Thanks! Yea, we were just there last month with all our kids just walking around checking out the new stuff and it was so crowded. We will be going on a Saturday but my husband thinks we'll still have a good time and won't be as stressed since it's just the two of us. I think we'll get a few different things from the food trucks to share and maybe hop over to one of the restaurants that has bar seating. We do better winging it when we don't have the kids with us!

Sanaa would be my first choice. Unique, excellent food, good service, and a solid wine list. It has become a must-do for us, though we do prefer lunch or early dinner since the animals can be seen then. Kona is another good choice as you likely know given you've been there, but it's often an underrated spot for dinner. One of the best dishes I've had was the lamb there--perfectly cooked medium rare and accompanied by fingerling potatoes and other goodies.

Another vote for Sanaa! (Get off at the Kidani Village bus stop at AKL.) Really good food (right on, @sleepydog25 ), plus animal viewing and that fabulous AKL ambience.

I've got serious food allergies myself; for what it's worth, I tend to think twice about food trucks, and consider carefully the chance of cross-contamination in a cramped, fast-paced kitchen. Sometimes I go for it, sometimes I pass.

I really appreciate the great care they take to keep you safe at the on-property sit-down restaurants. It helps me keep that care-free feeling that I love about going to Disney! But it really depends on your/his level off worry.

If it were my dh & I without kids, I'd for sure hit up all of the resort lounges and bars instead of having to make adrs. That sounds like a fun plan.

Sanaa, Olivia's at OKW, Raglan Road at DTD (try open table for ressie if disney is booked), Wolfgang Puck Express is better than most table service lol, Splitsville normally always has no wait no matter how busy since it's so large and I enjoy the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter