Need a quick refresher on online ADRs...

koquinn

DIS Veteran
Just found out today that they've gone back to 180 days... I'm so behind! Who knew so much could change in a year. Anyway, few questions.

1) What time can I start booking online? I think last year it was 6am Eastern time?

2) Do they still have that 1+10 rule? ie, I can make all my ressies as long as the first day of my trip is 180d away, right?

3) Is there a fee for ressies that you don't end up using? Seemed like a lot of people were hoarding them last year cuz there was no penalty for having ones you didn't use.

Thanks!

Just found out today that they've gone back to 180 days... I'm so behind! Who knew so much could change in a year. Anyway, few questions.

1) What time can I start booking online? I think last year it was 6am Eastern time?

2) Do they still have that 1+10 rule? ie, I can make all my ressies as long as the first day of my trip is 180d away, right?

3) Is there a fee for ressies that you don't end up using? Seemed like a lot of people were hoarding them last year cuz there was no penalty for having ones you didn't use.

Thanks!

1. I have booked as late as 11:30 an as early as 7...I'm not sure about the inbetween.
2. yes
3. no fee unless you had to use a CC to hold it...ie CRT. Yes people hoard. I suggest checking back with it often to tweak because things do randomly become available.

1) What time can I start booking online? I think last year it was 6am Eastern time? For online ADRs, it's still 6am Eastern. One whole hour before the phone lines open.

2) Do they still have that 1+10 rule? ie, I can make all my ressies as long as the first day of my trip is 180d away, right? Yup, you are still entitled to the 180+10 for on-site guests. At 180 days before your arrival date, you should have up to 10 days available to book. Note that for online ADRs, you will have to link your resort reservation through the site when starting your ADRs.

3) Is there a fee for ressies that you don't end up using? Seemed like a lot of people were hoarding them last year cuz there was no penalty for having ones you didn't use. For some. Dinner shows and CRT require pre-payment. The full amount of the meal is charged at the time of making the ADR. If you have a properly linked resort reservation and are on a dining plan that could cover the cost (e.g. not the QSDP), you'll only be required to place a hold. Some other locations (Akershus, Cali Grill, and a couple others I can't think of) require just a hold. These locations will charge you if you do not cancel within a certain amount of time before the ADR (the information is presented before you finalize that ADR). The vast majority of locations do not do this though.

Thanks!
See inline comments.

Also, check out the link at the bottom of my signature for a step-by-step tutorial (with pictures!) on the process :).

I called tonight and asked a CM about the whole hoarding thing. She said that the system now randomly deletes one of multiple ADRs if people have them scheduled at the same time. She said it can happen at any time up until the ressie date, it's random. I was surprised by this! She said they aren't sure how it works, but it does. Interesting! I'm kinda glad though, I don't like people being able to hold onto multiple spots they can't use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter