Need advice on Kids Clubs ...

gottago

Mouseketeer
such as Neverland @ Poly, etc. I'm just wondering what type of safety measures they use. I remember reading a while back that a mom signed the kids in and the father returned to pick-up, but they wouldn't release the kids to him because he wasn't the person who signed in.

We normally do not leave our children w/ anyone other than family, but from all I've read on the board the kids really seem to enjoy this. My daughter saw the club on the planning video and everytime we watch it, she asks if she can do that. I feel somewhat uncomfortable w/ the idea ... not knowing the people personally.

Any feedback might help me w/ making a decision. DH and I thought we might just take a look at them, before making a decision. The kids will be 3 and 4 if that makes a difference.

Uh oh, the children have to be 4 (and potty trained) to stay in the clubs. We are going to use them for the first time in June, so I can't tell you how security works, but it sounds like it may be a no-go for you guys anyway unless the younger child will turn 4 before your trip.

Sorry.

thanks for the info on age requirements. I would still like to get some input on the subject, as it sounds like fun for the kids. TIA!

My daughter who had just turned 8 went to the Neverland Club last Oct. Before she went, she was not too excited, but once she got there and "crawled throught the window" she loved it--she begged to go back 2 nights later. As far as safety: There is a sign in sheet, with info regarding the child: allergies, etc. I was given a pager that was good all over Orlando. We had to sign her in and out. The rooms are set out for various age groups, and activities. There were movies, video games, crafts, dress up areas, etc. The counselors were very entertaining, and caring. We felt that DD was in excellent hands and would recommend the club.

We used Sandcastle club for two nights out. Our kids are daycare veterens and have also been to a kids camp at Beaches resort last year on vacation. They are 7 and 4. My 7 year old loved it. The 4 year old had an unhappy moment after he went to the bathroom and the caregivers would not wipe him. They told me that they are not allowed to go into the bathrooms with the children. Seems outrageous to me. My older son wasnt 100% independant with wiping until he was 5. The caregivers were not particularly nurturing. On both occaisions when we walked into the room to drop off our children the caregivers did not greet the kids and they actually knew their names(you give the childrens names when you make the reservation). My kids ran into the room(there is only one room at Sandcastle club) both times and immediately each became involved in playing with something there. That is the positive about the club, they have a large collection of very interesting toys, puppets, computer games, books and videos. They did an art project when they were there and ate dinner. When they were tired they were given a blanket and pillow to sleep on the floor. It seems very safe there. Both times there were two female staff members to watch the kids, even when there were only my two kids there. Dinner was included in the price which makes things easier.
Since we started our evenings a bit early we felt that the kids club was a better choice over in room sitting, since the kids would have new and fun stuff to do for the hours they would still be awake. I wouldnt want a private sitter to take my boys out to a park or the pool. That wouldnt feel safe to me. Too much room for error.
On other vacations in other locations, we have used in room sitters from licensed and recommended agencies and we have always had good experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter