• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice on shirt appropriateness

MapleGirl

Perpetual Planner
I was planning on putting this image on a t-shirt, but some told me I shouldn't because it is racist. Is it? I thought it was a cute Star Wars reference.

Picture1.jpg

Disney refers to all the evil/villain characters in SWW as the dark side - it's even on the brochure. I really don't think your design is a problem.

I think its cute. Referances to SW Chocolate and the Mouse all in one.

However, someone once told me if you have to ask its probably better not to do it.

My husband and son are wearing shirts that say "come to the dark side, we have cookies" wouldn't that be the same thing? I don't see any problem with your design.

I don't see anything racist about it. It made me think dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.

People accuse EVERYTHING of being racist now adays. It is a fine shirt and I like it and not racist at all :-)

Wear the shirt! It might end up making people hungry for Mickey Ice Cream & sales will increase! :lmao:

BTW, I love that Storm Trooper shirt & I'm not even a Star Wars fan!!
;)

what exactly is supposed to be racist about it? since when is ice cream a race? (i know chocolate and vanilla, but seriously, who would even think of that?)

i think the shirt is totally cute and not racist at all. yay star wars!

Hmmmmm, interesting question.

I can't say it's racist.... but I don't approve of it. Simply because if my wife saw you wearing it, it would cost me $3500.00.

Most Ice Cream Bars cost $4.00, this one costs my $3500 (+$4.00 or a snack credit).

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's the only way it offends me though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter