Need advice on storing luggage, please.

T

TWOOD

Here's the situation: my sister & her 2 girls will be joining my DD & me in the middle of a 10 nt./3 resort stay. The 5 of us will be at the Poly in the same room for 3 nts. They aren't leaving until late on the day my DD & I move to POR. We plan to get to POR early to check in & leave our bags. My question is: where should my sister store her bags- with us @ POR (so they could swim with us before leaving), or at the Poly? Our plans are to not do any parks that day, as they are only buying a 2park/2day pass. I thought we could swim @ POR and hang out at Downtown Disney until they need to leave. Have I answered my own question?:rolleyes: Help - I've never met up with anyone @ WDW mid-trip before & I'm a bit worried.:confused:

How are you getting your luggage from Poly to POR? Do you both have cars?

I believe if you are switching from one Disney resort to the other they move your luggage for you, Debbie.

What your sister could do is keep her luggage at the Poly, since that's the only resort she's staying at, and just pack a backpack with swimsuits, a change of clothes, etc. to bring to the pool with you. Then she could change in the locker room if y'all decided to go to Downtown Disney. Just my suggestion... I've never done this before. Anyone else have some ideas?

I would say to have their luggage whereever they will leave from. If they spend the day with you at POR and then leave.. it would be a pain to have to go back to Poly to get luggage. And Disney will move your luggage for you from resort to resort. However, if you want to swim early, you may want to bring a bag with bathing suits, etc., with you as you may arrive and want to swim before your bags do (depending on how you get there) ..or it's easier than taking stuff out and restoring, putting stuff back, restoring, etc.

I was asking about the cars because it would change how I would handle things. If Disney is going to move the luggage, then I would say to leave the sisters luggage at the Poly becaue you never know how late Disney will deliver it to POR. If you are moving the luggage yourselves, then I would say take it with you to POR. If your sister has her own car, then I would just leave it in her trunk and just take out what you need.

We won't have cars. We'll probably take a cab to POR. I just don't want our luggage getting all mixed up or something @ POR before the room is ready. I like the idea of storing their luggage @ the Poly, except for a bag with swimwear. Then, they can catch a bus from DD back to the Poly before they leave for the airport. Sound good? Thanks for the advice!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter